Dr. Michael Zilles MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

February 5th, 2016
Unreal
I,m glad he,s fired. I had take back in 2013.I,'ve been left in chronic pain ever since. He was always rushed,never really pAid much attention to what I was saying. Very ruff at examining me also I about cried when he took out the staples. Kept sending me to Physical therapy and constants knee injections even after the total knee replacement. Took me over a year to find another Dr. My insurance isn't great. Now I,m in fear that I have permanent damage done to ligaments, muscle and nerves. I hope this guy goes to jail for what he.s done!

January 17th, 2016
just a nobody
This man was fired from Wheeling Hospital, has malpractice cases in other states, anybody that has worked around him knows how many times hes been in trouble for being dirty and using dirty instruments. His wife wouldnt let him go home so he had to sleep in his office. Hes ruined alot of lives and will ruin yours if you dont stay away from him. Ask any of his co-workers or cleaning people at the Hospital, they will tell you the truth. Its unbelieveable what the hospital put up with and let him endanger peoples lives with no punishment until 2015 after the damage was DONE... he should be in jail for what he has done.. He has a huge alcohol problem that followed him right into the OR....

May 5th, 2015
Just stay away if you value your life and health...

May 27th, 2014
Bad! Bad! Bad!
i went to dr Zilles! because my family dr recommended him! he has the worst personality of any dr that i have ever seen! very cold heartless! he did an arthroscooy to my knee i went back to get the stitches out.....he was in the room bout 60 seconds left and never came bck the nurse told me i was done! i asked her if my stitches was coming out she dint no..so she asked him he said oh yea i forgot take them out ... then i had a total knee replacement from him! he put it in crooked ruined me for life. hadd to go to another Dr to have a total knee revision! i dont think he should b able to operate ever again what a joke!

October 17th, 2013
Awesome doctor
I was a patient of Dr. Zilles for about 6 years. He did surgery on both my knees and on both my hands. I moved from the area but I always went back to him for followups. Yes he is very busy but he is in high demand because of his great surgical abilities. He was always attentive, answered all questions and a very good bedside manner just before you went in for surgery. I will have to have total knee replacement eventually and I am willing to go wherever he is practicing at that time because I do not want anyone else to do my surgeries

January 28th, 2013
Knee Surgery
Dr Zilles was very knowledgeable and caring. He did a wonderful job on my knee surgery. However, waits at his office was horrible he must double book appointments.

August 9th, 2011
Great Surgeon, I was nervous to have a total knee, and was not sure if I would feel worse or better. He was kind and considerate at all times, and the results are amazing, finally no more pain!!Thank you Dr. Zilles

July 25th, 2011
Dr Zilles is a very smart and talented surgeon. He has been one of the only surgeons that could fix my problems , after seeing 4 different ones over the years. I read some of these ratings and think some patients don't realize he is not internal medicine. He's a surgeon that's what you need him to be good at. I found that he was.

April 25th, 2011
POOR EXCUSE
I speak from personal experience , Michael Zilles is a poor excuse for a DR. he is always in a hurry, never focus's on you as a patient. Does not was his hands between patients ( I have witnessed this ) He then touches surgical incisions with his bare ( no gloves) hands. He left staples in my leg almost 2 months , they were yellowing and I was keeping a low grade fever. His slights against me are to numerous to list. Just save your self , do not use him as an orthpaedic surgeon !!!

February 10th, 2011
Very rude, terrible at diagnosing, an internest diagnosed me, and Dr. Zilles could not find out the problem, he is just not fit for a doctor, let alone an orthopedic surgeon, honestly, I would advise you never to go to him, he also smells of alcohol.