Dr. Michael Zimmer MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Saint Petersburg, FL

April 7th, 2016
Not an annual exam
I have been going here for years and unfortunately received poor care at my last visit with one of the nurses. I waited over 45 minutes to have my annual visit. This turned out to be just listening to my heart beat, breathing and taking blood pressure. She reviewed my blood test results and that was it. No taking my temperature, looking in my ears, nose, mouth, checking reflexes, nothing. She asked if anything else was going on and I said, well my shoulder hurts every now and then but I think it's because of the way I am sleeping. She said she would put a note into the DR and see what he says. She was not very personable and since there were new faces in the office I asked how long she had been there - turns out she's been there for years but said " I try to hide out in the back" . This does not give me much confidence. When I left I mentioned to Mattie that I was not happy with my visit, that it was not a full exam, that my appt was 45 minutes late and she fumbled on the computer for most of the time I was back there. I told her if that was my first visit, I would never return. She was not surprised. I got a call a couple days later to go see a specialist. Then I receive a bill in the mail from Dr Zimmer for more than an annual visit. I called and spoke with an office admin and she said she'd try to correct it. She spoke with the office manager and DR Zimmer, all he would say to her was it was coded correctly. He was not even concerned about the lack of care I received and my concerns. The admin said this has been a problem with this nurse. I saw a similar reported incident on Healthgrades. What is really concerning is that neither the office manager or Dr called to discuss this with me. I am extremely disappointed and will not return. I was not "treated like family". Sad to say it's time to find a new DR after all these years!

February 25th, 2016
Dr Zimmer was in the office when I walked in with symptoms of a heart attack. He refused to see me and kept his appointments with his fellow physicians and pharmaceutical representatives. I waited over two hours to be seen.

August 6th, 2015
Poor
Zimmer is more Business Manage than "doctor"

June 3rd, 2015
Condescending and overbearing demeanor.
Condescending and overbearing demeanor.

March 19th, 2015
Rude Staff
Level of trust compromised....Dessie the Nurse Practitioner...documented body part incorrectly...... I believe the office manager, is extremely rude...and Dr. is reluctant to order MRI's recommended by Orthopedic Specialist.

March 9th, 2015
Excellent service. Everyone is friendly.

December 29th, 2014
Awesome doc
Awesome doc. takes time with his patients, and staff is first rate.

October 24th, 2014
My appt, (am new patient) has been rescheduled 3 times in 3 different months for no real reason .... don't bother here if you are a new patient needing a doctor... they need to take themselves off the list of accepting new clients.

August 10th, 2013
Personal Care
Dr Zimmer inspires confidence. He is very knowledgeable, thorough and does not over book appointments. The Nurse Practitioners are also very knowledgeable. The office has a good atmosphere and everyone is courteous and polite. If you are looking for a Dr. that will properly diagnose and treat you Dr. Zimmer is the correct Dr. for you. I am happy I found him and can probably thank him for saving my life.

January 17th, 2013
Dr. Zimmer is a very Thorough Dr. Spends time with you. have been very happy with my health care with Dr. Zimmer. and if you are not feeling well or have a problem they try to get you in as soon as possible. he also has a great staff always friendly and makes you fell at ease and comfortable.

January 27th, 2011
Exceptional
Very thorough. Has kept me healthier over the years. It may take a couple of visits to get used to him, but it's worth it. I switched to him after a change in insurance. I loved my old doctor, but he wasn't half as informed or well read as Dr. Zimmer. I had an ongoing tendonitis problem. When I came to Dr. Zimmer, he immediately determined it was as a result of a drug side effect. My old doctor missed that. As long as he'll see me, he's my doctor for life. A very decent man.

August 16th, 2010
Wants to suck the insurance companies dry by repeating and repeating office visits with tests that have no real bearing on the current health status. Too much lab and refuses to even give a an ongoing script without lab first.....ok so you need a low dose of thyroid med....you don't have to be tested every 90 days when the results have been the same for years.