Dr. Michael Zornitzer, MD
Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  good doctor  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2014

DR Zornitzer is courteous and considerate. He spends time with patients and listens intently to their problems. from my experience , his diagnosis has been correct. He works with hispatients until the problem is rectified

|  An imposible task...  |  show details
by Desperate and defeated on Feb 11th, 2014

I have a long history of mental illness. It's something i've struggled with for my whole life. I've seen more than a 1/2 dozen different theripists and phychiatrists and been on more medications than I can remember. Nothing seems to work. My issues are serious and the burdon I cary has become unbearable. It is no exageration to say that my struggle has become an issue of life and death and i'm failing. I have tried so hard to find someone to help but I just keep hitting roadblocks. The theripists I have seen have been obviously unprepared to deal with my issues (several of them have told me as much in so many words) and the people I have been able to find who "specialize" in my type of problem never seem to take any insurence. This was the case with Dr. Zornitzer. Living in NJ I have to work 2 jobs just to get by and I do not have an extra $380 a week to spend. I don't understand how anyone can afford that. Aparently only the rich are entitled to mental health in this country and the rest of us should just die by our own hand hungry in our dark little apartments. This is exactly why people go out and shoot up schools and blow up malls, not because they are too crazy to seek help or too evil to want it, but because there is no help available. The farce that it is available makes the struggle to find it all the more frustrating. To be told repetedly everywhere you turn that your "we do not take insurence" or "we are not in network" or "I don't think I would be able to help you with that" is madening and when you are already struggeling just to survive how can you be expected to cope with that madness. In the end, the truth is no one wants to help you, they just want your money, and if you don't have any then they just keep passing you off to the next guy like a hot potato until you finialy snap and lean off the edge of a building just enough or put a gun to your head and paint the walls. Even with all the horrible stories about mental health in the news lately, there is no hope for people like me.

|  To All Who Want to Live Life Again  |  show details
by Patrick Byrne on Aug 11th, 2013

I'm going to tell you precisely how it is. I've been a patient of Dr. Zornitzer for quite some time. Many years ago, I discovered Dr. Zornitzer after being dischared for a psych unit and subsequuently turned down from two renowned psychiatrists. I then saw Dr. Zornitzer, and he took me on. My Life then profoundly changed. I am healthier, happier and at a place where dreams are made of. Dr. Zornitzer is a Brilliant Psychopharmacologist beyond any comparison, he is a generous man of soul, spirit and mind. He is thorough, kind, and works exceedingly well with a patients team of doctors for your best interest. Dr. Zornitzer effortlessly, at his disposal, has mental health resources where the patient can seek support for their conditions and needs. Listen to Dr. Zornitzer, listen to him, he's listening to you and understanding you in many profound ways. Don't give up on yourself, Dr. Zornitzer is a Gift from Above, and this Gift doesn't give up on Anyone. Dr. Zornitzer will help cure you. Dr. Zornitzer's office manager, Evette is a warm friendly, precious Gem. Bring it All to Dr. Zornitzer, You'll Live Again.

|  Dr. Zornitzer  |  show details
by Meredith P. on Feb 15th, 2013

Dr. Zornitzer is a wonderful doctor. I've been going to him for several years now and he's helped me in many areas of my life.

|  Helpful, knowledgable, kind, caring  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Z is outstanding in all respects. He asks the right questions.

|  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr Z is great

|  show details
May 31st, 2010

Thoughtful, attentive & caring.