Plastic Surgeon
895 Middle Ground Blvd
Ste 300
Newport News, VA 23606
757-873-3500
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad consultation  |  show details
by G in Hampton on Apr 22nd, 2014

I had had extensive reconstruction surgery (DIEP) from another local surgeon and wanted better results for the last step of nipples reconstruction. I had heard only wonderful things about Dr. Z from many other women ... his friendliness, caring, and the time he took with his patients to address their concerns. I found very few of these attributes during my consultation. Dr. Z rushed into the exam room while I was still in the midst of giving my history to the nurse, started listening to "my story," and abruptly interrupted me before I could finish. (I was not going on and on, just giving my history as succinctly as I could.) He stopped me by saying, well, what is it you want me to do? Why aren't you going back to your original surgeon? I tried to explain that I wanted better results than the other PS was capable of giving me (only one method was offered by this PS and the results were extremely uneven and not natural looking). He insisted that I return to the other surgeon, citing professional ethics, and would not continue with the consultation. He also lectured me about smoking and said he doesn't do any work on smokers. I tried to explain that I was in the process of quitting but he was basically "done" with me. I felt like I had been scolded like a child and dismissed. IMHO, Dr. Z was rushed that morning and couldn't wait to get me out of his office so he could get to his next patient. I found this unprofessional and the whole experience was very upsetting to me. I am not an emotional person by any means but was almost in tears as I was ushered out the door. Where was the helpfulness and compassion that everyone described? I certainly did not find it in Dr. Z that day.

|  An Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2014

I'm 25 and had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Zwicklbauer this past January, and he is an amazing doctor. He did great work and the staff there was completely helpful. I never had to wait for an appointment and the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. I recovered in less than a week from the surgery with hardly any pain at all and all my friends and family say that he did a amazing job and I look so very natural because he did such an amazing job. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to improve self confidence and appearance!

|  My wonderful experience  |  show details
by Lindsey Robinson. on Dec 4th, 2013

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift by Dr. Z in October of 2008. I was struggling so hard with what to do after losing my pregnancy weight. Consult was warm and welcoming. The nurses were amazing and so was Dr. Z. He gave me all the answers i needed to decide on what he thought was best for me. I am so pleased with all of the work he has done. 5 years later I sit here recovering from my inner thigh lift i had done 2 weeks ago by Dr. Z. The same exact treatment this go around as well. I haven't finished healing yet but still extremely happy. I would recommend Dr. Z for anyone who may have areas of there body that could use help when exercise just isn't working. Also I would like to say that Riken and Crystal, two of Dr. Z's nurses were amazing!! :)

|  Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation  |  show details
by CatJ on Aug 31st, 2013

I had a full tummy tuck and breast augmentation performed by Dr. Zwicklbauer in April of this year and I could not be happier with the results. He did a beautiful job and he and his staff have been excellent with follow up care and ease of accessibility. I had several consultations with area surgeons and was very confident of my decision to go with Dr. Z. The proof is in the way I look now thanks to his efforts. I definitely recommend this surgeon for anyone looking to have either of these procedures performed....they will look fabulous too!

|  Face Lift  |  show details
by CMJ on Jul 19th, 2013

I had a facelift by Doctor Zwicklbauer in February 2013, the best thing I ever did. The healing process was surprisingly quick. His pleasant demeanor made me feel comfortable upon my first consultation. His honesty and professionalism convinced me that I had found the right doctor. I am very happy with my new and younger look and I can highly recommend this plastic surgean. His technical skills and those of his staff are first rate and the results certainly match.

|  Breast Augmentation  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

I'm 22 and had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Zwicklbauer this past January, and he is an amazing doctor. He did great work and the staff there was completely helpful. I was very nervous going into the surgery but the staff and the doctor helped calm me. I recovered in less than a week from the surgery with hardly any pain at all and all my friends and family say that he did a great job. I've recommended friends and family and even people that I meet that are interested in the surgery because he did such an amazing job. I highly recommend him to anyone interested in plastic surgery.

|  Exceptional Surgeon!  |  show details
by J.B. on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Z and his staff are incredible. I am almost 2 months post-op from a breast lift and I couldn't be happier. Dr. Z has an outstanding bedside manner, he recognized my unspoken anxiety the day of my surgery, and skillfully set my mind at ease. The results are really unbelievable, I can’t thank this man enough; the results have been life changing for me. If you are considering a cosmetic procedure, meet with Dr. Zwicklbauer, he delivers phenomenal results!

|  Awesome Experience  |  show details
by Betty Husted on Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Z, as he likes to be called, has been upfront and direct from day one. He has a really exceptional bedside manner and he shows respect and is very interested in what your goals are. The staff he employs are all friendly and have a genuine concern for you and your well being during your experience. Dr. Z made my experience one in which made speaking of my goals easy and did not make me feel that I was being unrealistic. Dr. Z was honest with what to expect before during and after my procedure and he also was very up front with all the physical and emotional feelings I would go through. Dr. Z made me feel that even though I was well on my way to recovery that at any time that I was not satisfied to please contact him and we could discuss options. This man made my experience so comfortable and rewarding and my end results are truly awesome and I would recommend anyone to use Dr. Z!

Feb 19th, 2013

I had a breast augmentation w/lipo of abdomen in Nov. 2012. I feel that the care I received from Dr. Z and his staff was outstanding. Dr. Z and the staff really took time to make me feel more comfortable before my surgery. I am very pleased w/my experience at PSCHR! I would recommend to anyone to go see Dr. Zwicklbauer. Thanks for reading!

|  Excellent Physician!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

I had a breast augmentation on March 1, 2012 with Dr. Z. Almost one year later I am totally satisfied with my results. I have the smallest scars in the fold of my breast and the size Dr. Z suggested is perfect for my body shape. I went from a full B/small C (according to Victoria's Secret) and am now in a DD. At first this was larger than I was planning to go, but I put my trust in Dr. Z and would not change anything about my outcome or experience! I get so many compliments when it comes up in conversation and people find out that I have had breast aug, they can't even tell they because they look so natural! I was also incredibly impressed with his staff at the PSCHR. Everyone from the front desk to the operating room was extremely warm and friendly. Dr. Z and PSCHR will be my first choice if I ever have any sort of "body renovations" again :) - C.R.

|  Love Dr. Z :)  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I recently had my "mommy makeover" with Dr. Z. I have had several procedures with Dr. Z over the years, most recently an abdominoplasty and breast lift and I am thrilled with the results! My opinion may be a little biased as I was employed by this office for many years, but even several years after leaving, I can say the staff is still the best and the results are even more amazing than I could have hoped for. Thank you Dr. Z :)

|  Amazing!!!!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

I have to say that I waited many years to have my surgery...I had to give time for my children to get bigger but also to find the right doctor. I traveled from about 3 hours away to meet with Dr. Z. Dr. Z was the 4th doctor I went to and I left knowing HE would be the one to "fix" me up. I went in for my consultation and made my surgery 1 month out. I then wanted to move it closer and I was in surgery the next week. Not only was Dr. Z an A but so was his staff. I have NEVER in all my time felt so cared for. I will be back...I am sure I will be able to find some other work to be done =) I have told many of my friends and family about how GREAT things have turned out and I hope if any of them need/want something done they trust in what I say that Dr. Z is AMAZING!!!!!!!

|  HIgh Recommendation  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. "Z". He is honest and caring and has a great sense of humor. He made me feel comfortable when telling him was I wanted to change about myself and was very encouraging. I plan to visit Dr. "Z" again in the future!

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Dr. Z and his staff gave the best care from the time my 1st appointment until now. I felt like they really cared about me as a person. They made me feel like I was family. They gave me all the information I need no matter how many times I called. I never felt alone during this whole process. They are the BEST team ever. Ive never felt so welcomed at any doctors office that Ive gone to. Thanks for all your help.

|  Awesome Experience!  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

I had an awesome experience with Dr. Z and his staff. They took their time to listen to my concerns and questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

Feb 29th, 2012

The most caring, knowledgeable, reassuring and prompt physician I have met. He changed my life.

|  I would highly recomend Dr Zwicklbauer  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Zwicklbauer and his staff were the utmost professional. They made me feel very compfortable. I feel that this has changed how I feel about myself and gave me back the self confidence I was missing. My recovery time was very fast I feared I would have a lot of pain but that was not the case at all I would say just a little discomfort for the first 2 days.

Feb 26th, 2012

As a newcomer to the Hampton Roads area, I was not sure whom I should go to for my plastic surgery procedure. After looking through many reviews online, I decided on Dr. Z. The comments I read were excellent and positive, and I can honestly say this Doctor proved them all to be true. His professionalism and experience are top notch. I trusted that he knew what he was doing, and my results proved that. For me, elective surgery came with hesitation. And I can honestly say that when my procedure (tummy tuck) was in Dr. Z's hands, he handled it with excellence. I did not have any complications, and have healed beautifully to this day. His staff is very professional and friendly. They are knowledgeable and helpful. I was encouraged to call with any questions at any time, was very well taken care of during my visits. I am 6 months post op, and feeling amazing...even training for a marathon. I highly recommend Dr. Z and the Plastic Surgery Center of Hampton Roads. Experienced Doctor, helpful staff, clean facility...they changed my life in the most wonderful way.

|  Mommy Makeover results  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

I went to Dr. Z for a "Mommy Makeover" that consisted of a tummy tuck and breast lift (w/out augmentation). The results are amazing! Dr. Z is a fantastic surgeon and his bedside manner is top notch. I still can't get over the difference ... it made it all worth it. I've had quite a few surgeries throughout the past years and the tummy tuck was the hardest thing I've every had to recover from. Be prepared to be tired and sore for at least a month. But also be prepared to love the results. I still have numbness throughout most of my stomach and there's a possibility it could always be that way, but that's typical. Dr. Z discussed this with me in detail before the surgery so I knew the risks.I'm even more amazed at the results of my breast lift. I don't think they looked this good even when I was a teenager! Wow. Thanks, Dr. Z!

Jan 6th, 2012

SUPERB listener, very helpful, never rushed. Very little waiting time. Office staff is THE BEST EVER! Very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I had my EYES done and I look so relaxed and refreshed! Very little down time - DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

|  BEST SURGEON!  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

Excellent Doctor! Throughout the entire process with the Surgical Center I felt extremely comfortable and thrilled with the results. Dr. Z is amazing and really took the time to understand exactly what I wanted, he is very professional yet is great at creating a relaxed environment. I would not go to any other surgeon!

Jan 2nd, 2012

Dr z. Has ruined my life. I am so scarred I look like I have been burned. His bedside manner is completely unprofessional!!!!!! I came to him for a breast augmention, left with worse breast than you can ever imagine. Countless surgeries later and I an still not whole.. Please ladies run...... He gets paid and then his aftercare is out the window.. He should be sued for what he has done to me.

Oct 21st, 2011

Dr. Zwicklbauer was very kind and knowledgeable about every thing i asked. I had uneven breasts but did not want or need an implant so he suggested fat transfer to the breast. I absolutely love my breasts now!! The are more even and full than ever. I even increased one whole cup size.

|  Awesome Experience!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

Dr. Z is Amazing. He really knows what he doing! He will make sure whatever the procedure is, that he does it the best possible. Everyone i have talked to agreed and loved their procedure outcome. My experience was great. he listened to my needs and wants, and made sure i was okay throughout the whole procedure. He is friendly and a professional. I would recommend anyone to him. I went to other people searching for the perfect doctor, and Dr. Z was a great choice for me! I HIGHLY recommend him!

|  Best Dr....Hands Down....  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

I have four kids and breast fed all of them. Therefore you can imagine what was left behind. My first daughter weighed in at 10.5lbs and my body didn't know how to handle that. My stomach was the typical droopy, ugly sack of skin. I often joke that my boobs looked like two empty sacks with raisins on them...lol...I know, maybe too graphic, but I need everyone to understand my experience to a tee. I consulted Dr. Z last year in regards to both issues. I elected to proceed with the breast augmentation first as I was attempting to lose weight prior to the tummy tuck. Dr. Z is the most kind and understanding doctor I have ever met. He completely understood the issue. He didn't give me any false hope. He explained the results given my body structure. I didn't walk into this project uninformed. I knew everything that could and would happen. I elected to have just implants rather than a breast lift with implants. Dr. Z reassured me that he would make it look as natural as possible. I had the procedure done and honestly, I couldn't be any happier (except when I looked down at my flabby stomach...lol...)The size was perfect. He put more in each breast that was expected, but there are always unexpected variables in surgery and you have to trust that the doctor is going to make the right decision. Boy, did Dr. Z make the right one. Once all the swelling was gone, I was shocked. Many people have no idea I have had my breasts done. They look very natural. I have minimal scarring under each one. The scar is about an inch wide and they are almost completely faded. Having such a phenomenal experience, I couldn't wait to have my tummy tuck. I lost 50 pounds and was ready. I was super excited. I under went the procedure in March of this year. Honestly, I have never experienced the pain that I felt when I woke up. I even told the nurses that I would rather have 500 babies before I did that again. They laughed and I thought it was comical as well. I quickly recovered and noticed that part of my stomach was not as tight as we thought it was going to be. I had a pooch right under my belly button and throughout my genital area. I was not happy and neither was Dr. Z. He quickly told me that as soon as he could, he would repair the issue. About 3 weeks ago, I underwent the repair...called a revision. I was nervous. I didn't want to experience the pain that I felt before. Dr. Z assured me that it would be that bad as I still didn't have full feeling around my belly button area and he didn't have to touch my muscles. He was so right!!! I woke up and I was in a little pain (I did just have my stomach cut open) The nurse quickly gave me some pain medication and I was fine. I jumped up and was ready to go home. I was off the pain med as soon as I got home. I didn't take anything but motrin for minor pain. To say the least, I am so happy. I look fabulous. If you never knew it, you wouldn't think that I have EVER had any plastic surgery done. In fact when I had my pre op pics for the revision, the photographer couldn't even tell. After she took the pictures, she went to upload them into my photo file and she asked me, "did you have your breasts done?" I said, "yes" and she stated, "I would have never guessed if it weren't for the pictures in your file" I was so happy!!! Someone who takes pictures of women who have had cosmetic surgery day in and day out couldn't tell. I look like and feel like a million bucks!!! Dr. Z is a miracle worker. Anyone who says otherwise truly has never really sat down with him. Don't mistake his honesty for arrogance. Why would you want a doctor to lie...so you would just get mad later? I recommend Dr. Z to EVERYONE. I don't care if they tell him that I sent them. I just want them to get the best and that's Dr. Z.

|  Word of mouth  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Word of mouth led me to Dr. Z, but his continued kindness & sincerity (not to mention amazing surgical skills!) were even more than I expected. From the moment you are warmly greeted as you walk in the door, to your time w/ one of the practice's personable nurses and throughout your appt w/ Dr. Z, you are made to feel as though you are important and being well cared for! (Dr. Z should teach a course to other doctors about patient care--he's that good!) Making an appointment is never an arduous task and his staff is ready to accomodate your needs. While the results of my procedure are mind-blowingly fantastic :), Dr. Z helped to manage my expectations for a natural result. I saw Dr. Z for a breast augmentation and receive many compliments ( & feel super confident) as a result. I ALWAYS recommend him to friends, family and even strangers. I researched doctors as far away as Miami, however every woman I encountered who had a breast augmentation w/ fabulous results were all Dr. Z's patients. So I'll save you the legwork, if you are seeking a plastic surgeon, look no further.

|  A Physician Who Understands the Whole Patient - Mind and Body  |  show details
by Katharine Kropp on Mar 3rd, 2011

Dr. Zwicklbauer was recommended as a superb plastic surgeon when I had to confront reconstruction from an upcoming mastectomy. During that first office visit, he calmed many of my fears and spent a great deal of time reviewing all the options and discussed them all in detail. His confidence and optimism gave us the feeling of trust we needed to make a difficult decision as to reconstruction. I decided, and my husband agreed, that a tram flap procedure would be the best choice. At all times, Dr. Zwicklbauer was what everyone would like at such a difficult time - a professional and caring physician. The reconstruction went exceptionally well. From observation, we could tell that all his patients were treated with the same respect and attention. About 9 months later, I elected to have Dr. Zwiicklbauer perform blepharoplasty surgery and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I recommend him highly and my husband is in concurrence. We have had the occasion to go to each of the offices in his practice. Each location was pleasant, and every member of the staff we met was professional, considerate and friendly.

|  Suzanne  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

This will be my third surgery with Dr. Z. I feel very confident in his ability and he is a very caring doctor. We had an unfortunate situation with the materials that were used during my last surgery no fault of his but he has been kind enough to redo the surgery at very little cost to me. He is competent and knowledgeable, I would highly recommend to anyone.

by Phyllis on Oct 6th, 2010

I've just had my second surgery with Dr. Z. When I desire or require further surgery I won't even consider going somewhere else. I have been much impressed with his bedside manner and the fabulous results of my surgeries. I feel at ease discussing any type of treatment with him. He is honest and open. I always know exactly what to expect from the start of my treatment through the final results. His office staff is truely amazing. No matter how many questions I've ever had, it has always been apparent that they care about my feelings. The entire staff are truly committed their patients.

by Karen B. on Feb 1st, 2010

My wait time was long at the office because Dr. Z agreed to see me on very short notice. He is always caring, honest, and takes time to answer all of my questions/concerns.