Dr. Michal Loventhal Is this you?

1.5

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Michal Loventhal?

Quack Quack Quack

Posted on August 7th, 2013

Great practice- just be sure to book an appointment with one of the better doctors... she's prescribed tablets to our 11 month old (like she could swallow them) called back next day and got a better doctor to call in syrup. Seems to insist that our 25 pound child needs to be in a rear facing car seat. No bed-side manner.... Awesome practice - just one bad egg.

Great practice - dont know how they found her

Posted on June 18th, 2013

We love this practice but refuse to schedule appointments if she is on. Her bed side manner is awful and her competence is questionable. Last straw, my wife was diagnosed with influenza on a Saturday. Our daughter and I both have asthma... called my GP, he immediately called in Tamiflu and recommended that I call our peditrician. Need to start within 48 hours of exposure. Drew short straw - Loventhal was on call.. spent 20 minutes explaining that our daughter has chronic respiratory illness and was exposed to flu. Finally, she calls in Tamiflu TABLETS for an 11 month old. Good luck with that.. called office back on Monday, Dr. Marcus called in Tamiflu pediatric suspension (no arugments, lengthy questions). Like I said - great practice - just avoid this one!

Good practice, Poor Doctor

Posted on November 15th, 2012

We love Drs. Kolesky, Marcus, Pollack, and nurse practitioner Cogburn. Also, the nurses at Dekalb Pediatrics, notably Jorie and Sonya, are wonderful. Dr. Loventhal is the disappointing exception. She makes me feel very uncomfortable, like I'm doing something wrong for bringing my child in when she is sick. I don't understand why she is a pediatrician when she has such a cold bedside manner. On the whole the practice is great, but our family has had several unsatisfactory interactions with Dr. Loventhal and do not recommend her whatsoever. We are actually thinking of looking for a new pediatric practice based on our encounters with her.

Posted on November 30th, 2011

This doctor has some of the poorest bedside manner I have ever experience. Comes across as arrogant and hurried. Probably not be a doctor, especially a pediatrician. DO NOT use this doctor if you want someone you feel is caring.

Very arrogant

Posted on November 10th, 2011

I love the DeKalb Pediatrics practice and all of the doctors we've seen have been wonderful, except Dr. Loventhal. She is quite arrogant and speaks to you in a very condescending/unapproving tone when you have a questions, concerns or ideas. She is very short and brief with her visits and does not invite or welcome questions or concerns you may have about your child. Additionally, she did not carry a warm tone toward my 1 year old (who is a VERY happy and social baby). Her interactions seemed forced and left me thinking that she doesn't even really love working with children. For future appointments, I will ensure that we do NOT see Dr. Loventhal.

Poor bedside manor, arrogant.

Posted on November 6th, 2011

I love the practice, seen several physicians from the group and found everybody caring, nice and knowledgeable. Dr.Loventhal however often comes across as ignorant, rude arrogant and even cocky sometimes. I'm a physician myself and I would never treat my patients the way she treats me. She almost makes you feel bad and embrassed that you took your child to the doctor. I recommended the practice to several of my coworkers with a comment not to see her

Rude and uncaring

Posted on April 2nd, 2010

I love DeKalb Pediatrics and have taken my daughter there for five years; however, my daughter has seen Dr. Loventhal twice, and each time she was rude and seemed almost angry that we were there. She also minimized my daughter's symptoms and told us she just had a virus when in each instance she actually had an infection and needed antibiotics. My daughter will not see Dr. Loventhal again.

Posted on November 4th, 2017