Dr. Michal Loventhal MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Decatur, GA

1.4

August 7th, 2013
Quack Quack Quack
Great practice- just be sure to book an appointment with one of the better doctors... she's prescribed tablets to our 11 month old (like she could swallow them) called back next day and got a better doctor to call in syrup. Seems to insist that our 25 pound child needs to be in a rear facing car seat. No bed-side manner.... Awesome practice - just one bad egg.

June 17th, 2013
Great practice - dont know how they found her
We love this practice but refuse to schedule appointments if she is on. Her bed side manner is awful and her competence is questionable. Last straw, my wife was diagnosed with influenza on a Saturday. Our daughter and I both have asthma... called my GP, he immediately called in Tamiflu and recommended that I call our peditrician. Need to start within 48 hours of exposure. Drew short straw - Loventhal was on call.. spent 20 minutes explaining that our daughter has chronic respiratory illness and was exposed to flu. Finally, she calls in Tamiflu TABLETS for an 11 month old. Good luck with that.. called office back on Monday, Dr. Marcus called in Tamiflu pediatric suspension (no arugments, lengthy questions). Like I said - great practice - just avoid this one!

November 14th, 2012
Good practice, Poor Doctor
We love Drs. Kolesky, Marcus, Pollack, and nurse practitioner Cogburn. Also, the nurses at Dekalb Pediatrics, notably Jorie and Sonya, are wonderful. Dr. Loventhal is the disappointing exception. She makes me feel very uncomfortable, like I'm doing something wrong for bringing my child in when she is sick. I don't understand why she is a pediatrician when she has such a cold bedside manner. On the whole the practice is great, but our family has had several unsatisfactory interactions with Dr. Loventhal and do not recommend her whatsoever. We are actually thinking of looking for a new pediatric practice based on our encounters with her.

November 30th, 2011
This doctor has some of the poorest bedside manner I have ever experience. Comes across as arrogant and hurried. Probably not be a doctor, especially a pediatrician. DO NOT use this doctor if you want someone you feel is caring.

November 10th, 2011
Very arrogant
I love the DeKalb Pediatrics practice and all of the doctors we've seen have been wonderful, except Dr. Loventhal. She is quite arrogant and speaks to you in a very condescending/unapproving tone when you have a questions, concerns or ideas. She is very short and brief with her visits and does not invite or welcome questions or concerns you may have about your child. Additionally, she did not carry a warm tone toward my 1 year old (who is a VERY happy and social baby). Her interactions seemed forced and left me thinking that she doesn't even really love working with children. For future appointments, I will ensure that we do NOT see Dr. Loventhal.

November 6th, 2011
Poor bedside manor, arrogant.
I love the practice, seen several physicians from the group and found everybody caring, nice and knowledgeable. Dr.Loventhal however often comes across as ignorant, rude arrogant and even cocky sometimes. I'm a physician myself and I would never treat my patients the way she treats me. She almost makes you feel bad and embrassed that you took your child to the doctor. I recommended the practice to several of my coworkers with a comment not to see her

April 2nd, 2010
Rude and uncaring
I love DeKalb Pediatrics and have taken my daughter there for five years; however, my daughter has seen Dr. Loventhal twice, and each time she was rude and seemed almost angry that we were there. She also minimized my daughter's symptoms and told us she just had a virus when in each instance she actually had an infection and needed antibiotics. My daughter will not see Dr. Loventhal again.