Dr. Micheal Moretti MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Staten Island, NY

• Good
  • Bad

December 10th, 2016
Dr. Moretti was often a no show at my appointments, and even when he did show up, he barely explained my diagnosis or the measures that should be taken, in fact because of his gross negligence i suffered a fetal demise at 22 weeks with a perfectly healthy baby girl. He was un able to give me a cause of death and he didnt even do a simple urine test for proteinuria which i ended up having. I cant warn every woman enough of this horrific "dr"

September 9th, 2016
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, THERE ARE BETTER DOCTORS OUT THERE!
He is hardly there for any of the appts throughout the entire pregnancy, you always see the assistants and they do all the work. He gives you his cell phone number but then if you have an issue does NOT call you back especially if it's on his day off, you are left wondering what to do, this happened to me on 2 occasions, he claims he never got any of my messages, he is full of it and didn't want to be bothered on a Sunday of a holiday weekend when he was off, there is no excuse for this behavior, I expected more from him, turns out he was not there for my delivery nor did I get a phone call back to address my concerns nor even a visit in the hospital to check up on me, I was furious and this is totally UNACCEPTABLE! When I had to see him for my follow up after the baby was born a week later, his excuse was "I didn't get any of your messages, I can't be around 24/7 and you were under great care from my staff" - that was rude and totally inexcusable, I would never go back to him.

February 20th, 2015
Upon arrival you're greeted by loud joking and laughter by the nurses, Dr. Morett himself and of course the genetic "counselor" whose job it is to discuss the options of people just given terrible, gut-wrenching, tear- jerking news about their unborn babies. If you are one of these poor people that just got bad news, fer not! It won't stop the party from continuing on! And nothing whatsoever can wipe the lovely smile off of the genetic counselor's face as you walk by her upon exiting terrified as to the horrific news just handed to you by Moretti. A perfect time to be asked, "So when do you want to schedule your next appointment? " at lest to THEM it is. Dr Moretti & staff gets 8 thumbs down for my unborn twins, my wife and myself. Thanks for nothing! We'll take the business of our unborn deformed "baby AA" to someone compassionate with a professional staff to match.

October 16th, 2013
Amazing amazing doctor! Can not rave enough about him! He is thorough, efficient, knowledgeable about everything that relates to pregnancy! He might not have the best bed side manner but I'm not looking for a friend, I'm looking for a doctor that will know what he's doing and dr. Moretti is by far the best perinatalogist I have been too and I have been to quite a few in the city as well as on Staten Island! I would trust him with my life cause when it comes down to it he's all about the health and safety of the patient! Staff is great and friendly as well, makes you feel comfortable, and are extremely knowledgable Too! Would def be back to him next pregnancy!

September 19th, 2011
Worth the wait.

June 28th, 2011
Very Unprofessional
From the beginning this doctor had a terrible bedside manner. Very hard to talk to, doesnt like toflet his patient speak. Went there several times over my pregnncy and 3 times he was not there, his assistant scanned my baby on a weekly basis......then tonight when i went there, he decided to drop me as a patient because i have diabeties and he wasnt satified with my numbers, they were slightly highly but so bad, .....i actually did a greaat job of keeping them from getting too high, but every time i saw him he argued with me......how do u drop a patient at 34 weeks? very very unprofessional, and tonight he walked into the room with his head shaved bald, flip flops on and casual summer clothes......who sees patients dressed that way....? he looked like he was going to the beach! I do not recommend this doctor, and have heard from a few friends that they had bad experiences with him as well.

April 13th, 2011
I highly recommend Dr. Moretti
Dr. Moretti delivered all three of my children, I have lupus and he was incredibly thorough. My rheumatologist recommend him and I followed her advice; he was fantastic but I wanted someone closer to home. So, I shopped around NJ, I did not meet another doctor who was close to being as thorough as Dr. Moretti. I developed a few problems along the way while I was pregnant and Dr. Moretti was exactly right every time. As for his bed side manner, he is reassuring, he listens and he plays a little. I very happy I stayed with Dr. Moretti and I still go back for my annuals. If he moved to Ohio I would tell my husband,"ok I will be back in a few days I have to see Dr. Moretti". Good luck everyone.

February 15th, 2011
I had a cvs with Dr. Moretti at 13 weeks. I feel like if someone had followed up with a phonecall to see how I was doing, I might have known soon enough that the amount of discharge I was having was cause for concern. By the time I did go in for a routine exam two weeks later with my regular gynocologist, I had already leaked too much fluid due to a tear in my amniotic sac from the CVS. As a result, I miscarried three days later.

January 3rd, 2011
I am high risk ....and although Dr. Moretti is known for his expertise, I found him to be very rude, rushed and sarcastic. My next pregnancy will not be with him!! He makes a joyous time quite the opposite. His nurse also is very unproffessional and loud!! I sat quite a long time in his waiting room , and all I heard was loud laughter and kibitzing with the Dr.!!! Staten Island is a small island, and word gets around quite fast!! If I were you Dr. Moretti , I would brush u p on your people skills and perhaps reevaluate your staff!!

September 1st, 2009
He made a hard time a good experience
I had preclampsia and was checked into the hospital at 32 weeks. It was a long 3 weeks before I delivered my daughter. Dr. Morretti made me feel like it was going to be OK. And it was.

July 1st, 2009
I AM A CRITICAL CARE RN. DR.MORETTI TOOK CARE OF ME AND MY HIGH RISK PREGNANCY. HE IS PROFESSIONAL, KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND EFFICIENT. HE WAS ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD OF THE GAME AND KEPT ME AND MY CHILD HEALTHY FOR A SAFE DELIVERY.

February 5th, 2009
highly recommen
I am an ob-gyn specialist. my wife has attended his clinic 5 years ago. beside him, I kept my status as a patient's husband and observed his practice in this point of view. obvious feeling of safety under his care, excelent and yet so nice.