Overall Review

no change

May 2nd, 2014
Can't be bothered
I saw Dr.Akl for the first time several weeks ago and was very upset by the time I left. He was very rude and had a very know it all attitude. He wouldn't even let me talk, or explain why I was there. Then he tried to send me home with two different nasal sprays...one of which I had had an allergic reaction to in the past!!! This was clearly marked on my chart, which he obvoiusly hadn't even bothered to look at. I left the office and will never go back. There is another Dr. doing allergy in Olean and I have an appointment there next week.

May 16th, 2012
, rudeWhat are my options?, rude
THe office staff, other than the doctor, are kind and professional. He, on the other hand is not. He actually answered his cell phone while he had a scope up my nose. Then he couldn't figure out why I was unhappy. Unfortunately, he's the only allergist in town.

September 15th, 2010
I have an immune disorder and this Dr. never took the time to figure that out even though immune disorders is one of his areas of specialty. He just wanted me to keep taking different combinations of unnecessary drugs. I was sick for 4 years seeing this Dr. He doesn't listen and when I got a second opinion and was diagnosed with immunodeficiency, he didn't want to hear he was wrong. He's a drug pusher!

August 2nd, 2008
One of the few doctors who still actually give their patients all the time needed!!