Overall Review

3.9

November 2nd, 2012
Stay away from this guy. If you have complications, he will let you die.

February 8th, 2011
A uniquely qualified expert and he knows it!
Dr. Gagner completed my revision from open RNY to VSG laproscopically. I have been through multiple surgeries and complications in the past. I never thought it was possible to have such extensive surgery and be up walking around montreal two days later....simply amazing. The fact that he doesn't have an office staff and is pretty much only reachable by email is somewhat frustrating, but he has always followed up and when I develope a minor post op infection he coordinated with a former student of his in Florida to help me past it. Over all, he is truly a uniquely qualified surgeon and I feel fortunate to have had him as my physician.

October 28th, 2010
Maybe the most talented laporscopic surgeon on the planet
I have unfortunately had to endure many surgeries, until I met Dr. Gagner I was convinced that pain and complications were unavoidable. He performed a revision surgery laproscopically that most surgeons can't even perform open. Many people I know undergoing the same revision spent days in ICU and weeks in recovery with other surgeons. I was out of the hospital in 48 hours and had very little discomfort. Quite simply amazing and if I ever needed a surgeon again he is without a doubt my first choice.

September 18th, 2010
Very Good Surgeon-but that's it
Dr.Gagner is a very gifted surgeon, but that's it...no office staff and no way to reach him except by email. If you can find a good surgeon in your area with the added support I'd go with them, if all you want is a great surgeon Dr. Gagner is up to the task, just remember the rest is up to you.

October 29th, 2009
I had a post-op complication and he was rude and unhelpful. Although I think he is technically an excellent surgeon, I would never use him again, nor ever recommend him to anyone else. I am a physician and would never treat my patients the way he treated me.

October 21st, 2009
Dr. Gagner is an expert in his field. I credit him with saving my life. He was gentle, caring and intent that I understood the procedure he was performing. He listened to all my questions and concerns and made sure I was comfortable. I was lucky to have him as my surgeon. Missing you in NY. Thank you Dr. G.