Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Did not help  |  show details
by Jeff on Oct 13th, 2014

Was not useful, wast of time

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
by Ztruth on Jul 24th, 2013

8 years past, but I still cannot forget the experience that Dr. Pontari put me through. I used to teach at Temple University and a great Temple physician, Dr. Marks, recommended Dr. Pontari. But, I assume, Dr. Marks had no real idea about Dr. Pontari’s abilities. Dr. Pontari performed a prostate biopsy. I still have terrible side effects and terrifying memories associated with what he did. The room where the procedure was performed looked more like a torture chamber, with terrible lighting, than an operating room. It looked very untidy and was not clean. The procedure was done under supposedly local anesthesia. But it apparently did not work. The pain was horrible - I screamed. Dr. Pontari, seems to be a mild mannered man during office visits, but his appearance changed from the start of the procedure and he was absolutely ruthless and unprofessional during the procedure. Despite that I was under extreme pain and begged him to stop, he brutally continued causing extreme pain. He promised to send the results to me and to my family doctor, but did not do so. I had to call the office more than once to finally get the results a few years after the procedure was done. Everything was supposedly normal. I still feel extremely uncomfortable to see another urologist despite that about 8 years past and I still have problems that were apparently caused by Dr. Michael Pontari. Discussing it with my family doctor, he came to the conclusion that the procedure was unnecessary in the first place. "I would never agree to it being done" said my family doctor. I should have discussed it with the family doctor before agreeing to the unnecessary biopsy.

|  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I been a patient of dr pontari now for 16 year. I am a 34 year old female with twin boys. Whenever I get the chance, I tell anyone that my dr is not only concerned about my heath but also a friend. Although the wait is kind of long it is worth the wait! I wouldnt go too any other dr. not even for a second opinion..:-)

|  show details