May 5th, 2015

Dr. Shami is very kind and gentle doctor!

dr shami show details dr shami
by Sarah H on Oct 21st, 2014

I have been going to see Dr. Shami for over 8 years and he has always been very "up front" about my eye disease and what I could expect to happen in the future. Would not trust anyone else with my eyes.

Not thrilled show details Not thrilled
by Catherine H. on Jan 6th, 2014

I definitely question him all the way around. As others have posted his bedside manner is horrible and I left in tears as well. Not only does it seem like he has a problem with women but it appears that he is not fond of children either after he walked in the room and told my husband he had to leave since he was holding our daughter and she was not aloud in the room. After driving two and half ours to see this guy I was then forced to sit in the waiting room for three and half hours. And don't get me started on the testing I've had to go through.

Will not go back show details Will not go back
Oct 23rd, 2013

As the previous reviewer said, Dr. Shami is probably top-notch medically, but he is rough and rude, and we left in tears. When I shared this info (reluctantly) with our other doctor (not an opthalmologist), he actually said he had referred a friend of his to Dr. Shami. The friend called our doctor back saying she had left in tears and would not go back. If there were a 0-star ratiing, I would have given him that.

Jul 8th, 2013

For some reason Dr. Shami, though a recognized expert in his field, does not seem to respect women. He treats his female staff and female patients the same way. He might be a brilliant doctor, but he is not a gentleman.