inactive

Michele A Hauser MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 11th, 2016
Outstanding, Life-saving Doctor
Dr. Hauser has treated my daughter since she was in second grade; she is currently a freshman at UT. Dr. Hauser's skills have allowed my daughter to control her OCD, depression, and ADD symptoms. Dr. Hauser is absolutely on top of all the current and upcoming advances in mental health, pharmacology, genetics and technology. During our appointments, Dr. Hauser will check for drug interactions with other medications that are prescribed by her endocrinologist. Dr. Hauser is professional and has an excellent rapport with her patients and their parents. Because of Dr. Hauser, my daughter is excelling in school, has developed wonderful friendships during all of her years in school, and is happy. To see my child go from a little girl full of anxiety, sadness, extreme routines, germ phobia,and sadness into a fully functioning adult has been a blessing. Our family credits Dr. Hauser.

February 19th, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr. Hauser's for 19 years. She is an excellent doctor, and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

February 13th, 2016
Great Psychiatrist
Dr. Hauser is by far the best psychiatrist we have worked with. She listens to her patients and works with them to adjust medications. She is responsive in crisis situations. Having seen other psychiatrists, we wouldn't go anywhere else.

February 11th, 2016
Very good doctor. Before seeing Dr. H I suffered from depression. Now I live successfully with my depression. And I love her dogs.

February 10th, 2016
Dr Hauser is an amazing psychiatrist. She really takes the time to get to know her patients and make sure their needs are met. 've struggled with depression for most of my life, and although I've been to other psychiatrists, Dr Hauser was the one to finally help me get that depression under control. She worked with me to figure out the right combination of medication and therapy so I'm not just functional, but doing really well. I finally feel like a normal person.

March 10th, 2014
Listening Skills?
Her demeanor is pleasant enough, but she wasn't a particularly good listener. She recommended meds at the first session. She also kept a dog in her office who snored loudly during our sessions. At one point, she appeared to be dozing too. I never went back after that.

February 16th, 2013
Wonderful, Caring. Knowledgeable
Dr. Hauser is truly an exceptional physician. She is very intuitive and a great diagnostician. She greatly helped me at a very difficult time in my life. I recommend her without reservation.

January 6th, 2011
I feel that Dr. Michelle Hauser is a wonderful, caring doctor for my children. She's very knowledgable in the medicine she prescribes for my kids and is willing to adjust the meds if needed. She seems to take time to listen to my concerns even if that means my appt will run a little long. That is why I'm never upset about her running a tad behind because I know she would give me that extra time if I needed it. My kids and I feel very comfortable going to her and am really pleased she's their doctor.

September 22nd, 2010
my experience at Dr Hauser's office was great. Our 7 year old son has autism with adhd and was doing so poorly in school that they were on the verge of removing him from AISD completly. Dr. Hauser tried a then brand new medication on him called Intuniv. Something thats not related to adhd meds at all. From day one of taking this medicine he is a different little boy. He is the teachers pet and the best little helper a mom could have.

April 21st, 2010
parent of a patient
My son has a complex array of psychiatric problems. His various diagnoses have been exceedingly difficult to manage. He has seen numerous mental health professionals through the years, several of them being psychiatrists. We had to change due to changes in insurance coverage. Without any question Dr. Hauser is the most knowledgeable, professional,caring psychiatrist he has ever seen. I firmly believe that without the years of care from this remarkable physician my son would be dead. She stays current on the available medications and is cautious and careful about prescribing. She always gives a thorough explanation of the meds and why she has selected one over, or in addition to, another one. Setting appointments is easy and he has never been kept waiting for any length of time. She has responded to after hours requests in a professional and timely manner. We would be lost without her. Our journey with my son's complex psychiatric problems has been difficult. We thank God every day for this wonderful physician who does her very best to make sure that my son's quality of life is as good as it possibly can be.