Obstetricians & Gynecologists

980 Johnson Ferry Rd
Ste 720
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-252-3898
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
 |  Poor Experience  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

I could not have been more disappointed. I'm just going to leave it at that. Will never go to this practice again.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

This practice is chronically 1 hours late no matter what time of day the appointment is scheduled. They simply don't care about their patient's time. At the last appointment, they were running 1.5 hours behind. Their front desk staff is also rude when scheduling appointments and simply assigns times rather than asking about days of the week or times of the day that fit in their patient's schedules. I think the whole practice needs to be reminded that their patient's are the customer.

|  Quite Disappointed!!!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2011

Just had our first bundle of joy would rather not meet Dr. Houston again. The C-section delivery was pretty troublesome and the doctors had my wife on stong pain medication (naturally). I walked in on Dr. Houston telling my clearly drugged drowsy wife that she (Dr. Houston) had to shake her to wake her up and that my wife can't be in much pain if she had to shake her that hard. First of all, who shakes C section patients or any mother who just went through labor pains to wake them.. And then diagnose pain by depth of sleep after the ordeal of labor. Then as I am helping K out of bed to the restroom as the nurses have shown me to do, Dr. Houston jumps in trying to shove me away (literally) saying I am holding her wrong and grabs k's ankles to swing her off the bed (crazy). K in tears and distress at this point stops her. Dr. Houston then leaves the room saying she'll be back after she speaks with the nurse. An hour later the nurse informs us that Dr. Houston has signed a discharge and has left the hospital. No discussion occurred concerning pain control, check up not even healing tips. The lady simply disappeared. Very unprofessional, very shaky and deserves no recommendation from us.

|  Awesome baby doc  |  show details
by yumcheese on May 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Houston is extremely knowledgeable and personable. You often have to wait to see her (maybe 30-45 minutes on average). The primary reason (beyond emergency deliveries) is that Dr. Houston always spends as much time with you as you need, more so than any other doctor we have experienced. She pays close attention to your questions and feelings. She is also very friendly, kind, and funny. Dr. Houston has three kids of her own, and combines her training and personal experience to provide excellent medical care.

|  show details
Feb 18th, 2009

Dr. Houston is a very good doctor. She diagnosed my problem after years of going to many doctors which I am so very thankful for. She always treats you like family and makes you feel comfortable.

|  Fantastic Dr., but ALWAYS LATE  |  show details
by AmyElizabeth on Dec 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I feel very comfortable with Dr. Michelle Houston. She is very warm, considerate, direct, and highly knowledgeable about current research. She has a holistic approach. She inquires about every aspect of health, family history, previous issues, and bodily functions. The office ALWAYS runs late and behind schedule. Three of the administrative employees could benefit from training in appropriate social skills as they can be unaccommodating and difficult. Even when I have a scheduled appointment, I usually have to wait 50-75 minutes. I believe that the quality of care and knowledge of Dr. Michelle Houston is worth the wait.

|  You Couldn't Be in Better Hands!  |  show details
by BuckeyeGirl on Nov 10th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Houston is the most kind and personable doctor I've ever encountered. I first saw Dr. Houston 6 years ago when I was new to Atlanta. I was referred to her from a co-worker and immediately felt comfortable with her. Unfortnately after switching jobs, my insurance wasn't accepted by the practice, but now, after 5 years of not seeing her, my new insurance is one of the one's that she accepts. When she came into the exam room on my first visit back, she gave me a hug and welcomed me back to her practice. I was shocked that she remembered me, but she made a point to once again make me feel important. I'd recommend Dr. Michele Houston to anyone!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  A very caring doctor in an equally caring practice  |  show details
by traceya on Oct 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Houston was recommended highly to me by a colleague of hers outside her practice. She spent an hour on the phone with me before I ever stepped foot in her office. She's practical, straight-forward, and she works with you to reduce and manage risks. She has a passion for bringing life into this world, and she truly cares about her patients. At her practice, you'll see the same doctor throughout your pregnancy to build a relationship - other practices rotate doctors from the beginning. You'll also see the other doctors in the practice so you meet a familiar face at delivery no matter what. She always fits me in when I'm having an issue, and she takes the time to consider your emotions as well as your diagnosis. This is SO RARE today, and I value it highly. Trying to start a family can be an emotional rollercoaster...this group of doctors understands what you're going through. Dr. Soufi did my 1st born's emergency c-section-we were very pleased. I'm told my scar is amazingly small/neat-she also offered to remove a large mole on my abdomen while I was there-a thoughtful extra. Dr. Houston delivered my 2nd, also a wonderful experience. She sat with me when my hormones crashed while I cried & supported me as a friend would. She's currently helping me thru a miscarriage. Her medical & emotional support have been wonderful. If you have to wait to see her, she's likely taking very good care of another patient-when it's your turn, you'll appreciate this!!

|  Friendly but several drawbacks  |  show details
by cstrain on Jan 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Women┐s Health Associates is a VERY large practice. Waits were sometimes several hours and then Dr. Houston would only spend a few minutes with you before rushing out. There are three OBs that rotate call, so there is only a 33% that she will deliver your baby unless you schedule a ┐convenience┐ induction. She did not like it when I questioned her care. It is every woman┐s responsibility to educate themselves, ask questions and participate in their own care and she was very dismissive of that. For my GYN care I had to see her PA Sally Brumbull. My first pregnancy ended in cesarean after she failed to diagnose breech positioning. When I returned for my second pregnancy she had not looked at my chart to review my history at all. She does not offer VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). She is nice and friendly, but that is only a small part of what I needed from my OB. I chose to switch to another doctor.

|  Wonderful!!  |  show details
by abl126 on Oct 26th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Houston helped me through a high risk pregnancy. She really kept an eye on me and we had a successful delivery. She is very thorough for routine check ups as well. She is nice and personable. She cares about the patient and the family. I would highly recommend!

|  Great Dr. Long wait!  |  show details
by flygirl on Oct 24th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Houston for several years. She is great! The only negative is that it takes at least a month to get an appt with her. You can get in with Sally her PA but it takes forever to actually get an appt with Dr. Houston. Very frustrating!

|  Bad Service, Long Waits, and Don't Dare Complain!  |  show details
by DHB311 on Oct 30th, 2006 on kudzu.com

I waited three months to get an appointment for which I was asked to provide a credit card in case I was late or didn't show...The office then called me and canceled because the doctor was unavailable - and they couldn't fit me in for another month. When that appointment came they asked me to be early to fill out paperwork - which they also sent to my home and asked that I do it in advance. I showed up 15 minutes early, was made to wait 1 hour - then brought in undressed and waited another 20 minutes and then the doctor could not see me due to a delivering mother...again they could not reschedule for a month. On visit #3 after waiting 45 minutes when I had the audacity to complain, the doctor was insulted and refused to do the exam. Grow up. Provide a service. I mean really.

|  Dr. Michele Houston  |  show details
by LSH919 on Mar 1st, 2006 on kudzu.com

I found Dr. Houston when I was pregnant with my second child. We had changed insurance and the doctor who delivered my 1st was no longer on our plan. I loved my first OB so I hated to change but ended up glad I did as Dr. Houston was even better. I had a difficult pregnancy with my first and she was very thorough and cautious with keeping an eye out for problems. She cared about my emotional needs as much as my medical needs. When I found myself pregnant a 3rd time but ended up miscarrying, she was VERY thoughtful and caring. Should we have another baby I will not hesitate to drive to Atlanta from Kennesaw to see her.

|  Dr. Houston is the best!!  |  show details
by svonholck on Feb 21st, 2006 on kudzu.com

If you can deal with the long waits, Dr. Houston is worth it. She helped me when I got laid off and my insurance coverage ended when I need surgery. She drastically cut her fee to help me. She takes the time to call me and ask how I am, not her nurse but she herself. The exams are always quick and painless. I have recommended several friends to her and she is loved by all!!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  bad experience  |  show details
by Jillian32 on Jan 6th, 2006 on kudzu.com

I was happy with Dr. Houston until I had problems that I felt she dismissed without explanation. She seemed inconvenienced that I needed anything other than a routine exam, which led to a horrible experience. I┐ve heard good things about her, though.

|  Best OBGYN  |  show details
by freelancewriter on Nov 29th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Houston is the best OBGYN I have had in Atlanta. Caring and professional.

|  Merchant Review  |  show details
by krittabug on Sep 29th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I had a regular gynecological exam by Dr. Houston and was impressed by her friendliness and professionalism. Her office also seemed to be run well.

|  The best  |  show details
by Chase1 on Jan 28th, 2005 on kudzu.com

It took me a long time to find Dr. Houston but I couldn't be happier with her and the staff at Women's Health Associates. She has taken really good care of me.