Dr. Michele Lemay MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

January 24th, 2016
Dr Lemay had the worst bedside manner of any Dr I have ever been to. I was never able to have kids because of endometriosis. She did a test on me in the office that was quite painful and she made me feel like I was inconveniencing her with my pain. She also said if u had had kids this would be easier. I thought that was a pretty insensitive thing to say. Never being able to have kids is a hard thing for a woman. She talked me into having Novasure (ablation) and told me I wouldn't have periods or pain from them anymore. That was totally untrue. Bleeding stopped for the most part but the pain was just as bad. When I tried to explain my pain she said "every woman gets a cramp here and there". Women with endometriosis know it's way more than that. I have thrown up from the pain. I asked her if the ablation was the answer or should I just have a hysterectomy. She said the ablation would work. It didn't. I ended up going to another Dr who specializes in endometriosis and he was awesome. He told me women with endometriosis that have an ablation it can only make them worse and that he no longer even does ablation because of all the problems. He did a hysterectomy on me with excision of my endometriosis. He said he could already see the damage the ablation had caused. Maybe she is a good Dr but I found her down right nasty and rude. I don't know anything about the other 2 Drs in the practice but u don't suggest ever going to her. Especially if u have any real concerns.

January 19th, 2015
Worst Gynecologist I Have Ever Been To
I had a total hysterectomy from Michele Lemay back in 2004. Seems odd that I would writing about something that took place so long ago but I am still very ANGRY and UPSET about Dr. Lemay's total lack of caring, beside manner, professionalism, and basic HUMAN COMPASSION! I never had a major operation before and be warned, you don't want her doing your hysterectomy. She never came to see me once in the hospital. Her partner, Dr. Matta, was the only one who came to see me and he explained some things and showed some compassion although I didn't see him very long either. When I had to go back to get my staples removed, Dr. Lemay just popped them out like I was a pin cushion. I started to cry from the pain plus my hormones were all over the place and not one degree of understanding or compassion was given to me! Thank God I had an uneventful operation and my healing was normal, but I was thrust into surgical menopause and have struggled with hormonal issues ever since. Only when I quit going to Dr. Lemay did I find any relief from the hormone struggles I was having and only when I quit her did I find a compassionate gynecologist. RUN, DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE GYNECOLOGIST.

April 28th, 2014
texting while delivering
I was a first time mom who was induced for a vaginal delivery. Dr. Lemay was the attending OB-gyn. I was dreading that she would be delivering my son due to previous visits with her that revealed she lacked any bedside manner. I thought however that she was a good doctor and was at least professional. Little did I know that she was not even those. While Dr. Lemay was checking to see how dilated I was she began to answer a text on her cell phone with the hand that was not in me internally. After telling me that I was 9 cm she explained that her and her daughter were having a conversation. My husband was so angry I thought he was going to kick her out of the room. During the pushing phase the nurse at Manatee Memorial was so helpful and supportive. When Dr. Lemay came in to catch the baby she was rude and forceful. We also had discussed that I wanted to wait at least 2 minutes to cut the cord after delivery. Dr. Lemay did not wait and simply cut it right away. Overall very disappointed. The other 2 doctors I would recommend but you have to see all three in the practice. I am pregnant with my second baby and will not be returning to that practice due to Dr. Lemay.

July 25th, 2013
Horrible experiance! I cannot believe she is still in business!! New pt to the office... she gave me an rx for irregular period. It made me so sick that I had chills, was vomiting, and stopped by their office to ask what I should do since the rx was making me so ill. Tbhy just told me to set up an appy for an ultrasound and keep taking the pills... none of the medical staff would take to me. They just had the receptionist tell me. They have no compassion for their patients. I stopped taking the pills and looked for a new gyn!

June 18th, 2013
Breast exam should have detected a lump-shame on Dr LeMay
Went in for pap, along with that a breast exam was done. Dr LeMay mentioned no problems during the exam. She was in and out in a matter of mins. She was rude and uncaring. This was the thrid time i had been to her and had already decided I would change if i didnt she a difference in how she and her office treated me as a customer.When I got home I noticed my right breast was sore. When I went to the spot and push the area, there was a large knot deep down. When I called the office, had to leave a message and didnt get called back until the next day. I received a call from the nurse,I told her I found a lump and that I was in the office the day before. Well they scheduled a mammogram, then a breast MRI and a lumpectomy. The surgery they referred me to failed to mark the sample when it was removed. The pathology report came back as positive breast cancer and because the sample was not marked and the lump was competely removed Moffet cancer center could not detect where the cancer was. Because of that, a mastectomy had to be done. Not one call did I receive from Dr LeMay to explain why she missed the lump during the exam, if I hadn't felt itmwhen I got home it would not have been detected to possibly my next mammogram. I do the monthly breast exam but had not felt anything.

June 11th, 2013
Not Enough Care
I was in my early twenties and picked Dr. Lemay because she was a woman gyn (I preferred female doctors at the time) and close to my work. I wish I would have done more research on her first. She is a fairly nice lady, but I do not believe she is thorough enough for a doctor. I believe that Dr. Lemay should have treated my pregnancy with better care. When I was about 36-37 weeks, Dr. Lemay manually checked the position of my baby and said she could feel the head. I believe a mistake was made, since it is most likely that my baby was breech at that time. I believe Dr. Lemay actually felt my baby’s bottom and not the head. I had severe rib pain from 34 weeks on, and she later said the pain was likely due to my baby being breech. It is a shame that I was told my baby was not breech at 37 weeks, since I would have had a whole extra week to do research and try to turn head-down. I am upset about this mistake, and it would have been better to take more care in determining the position of the baby, using more ultrasounds when necessary. After performing research and speaking to other obstetricians, it appears that my treatment was not ideal. At the end of my pregnancy, she said that the only option for a breech baby is scheduling a C-section. However, it is not suitable for her patients to receive no information or options regarding turning a baby into the ideal position. This is especially damaging to a patient like me, who had a strong desire for a natural delivery. Before my C-section in 2010, she informed me that my future deliveries would have to be C-sections as well. Fortunately, I now know to always get a second opinion and to do my own research. A vaginal delivery can definitely be a safe and reasonable option for my second pregnancy. When interviewing new obstetricians, I discovered that they would have offered an external version for my first breech baby. This is the standard of care for many doctors. Being pregnant again has brought back many painful memories regarding my C-section that may not have been necessary. I also have a scar that reminds me every day that more could have been done to possibly avoid that surgery.

June 7th, 2013
Terrible.
Choosing Dr. Lemay as my sons pediatrician was the absolute worst choice I could have made. All of her staff was very unhelpful, unpersonanable, and down right rude. No one wanted to help me when I called with a problem with my son and when they did it seemed like I was causing them trouble. There is no seperate waiting room for the kids who are sick. So my two week old son was in a waiting room with children coughing and sneezing. Dr. Lemay herself is one of the most rude people I have ever come across. She did not want to answer any of my questions, and when I had concerns she would treat me like I shouldnt be worried about my son. For his two month shots the nurses told me he would have three shots. They didnt explain any of the shots to me and he ended up getting 5 in one day without my permission. The nurses are completely uneducated. When I would call in with a question they would tell me to do one thing and call me back two hours later telling me something completely different. I've recently switched doctors and I'm hoping things work out.

August 7th, 2012
If you like being charged unexpectedly and lack of customer service this is the place for you
As a first time client I expect to be informed of any and all charges. When I called and made an appointment I stated that I was a new client and also had no insurance. The receptionist informed me it would be a $200 charge for an annual. During this appointment she talked to me about her on the side laser hair removal business instead of answering my questions. After the appointment I walked up to the desk to pay. I was then unexpectedly charged an EXTRA $50 because I was a new client. About a month later I recieved a bill in the mail for tests I had done. I have tried calling the office MULTIPLE times and left messages regarding this bill and never recieved a call back. I have now found a new doctors office where customer service is practiced and the staff actually cares about the clients. I do not recommend this doctor.

January 21st, 2011
Not Going Back
This is my 2nd pregnancy, I had to change from an OB I loved because we moved from another state. I had never been to see Dr. Lemay before so was hoping to at least have some face time at the initial appointment. Instead they sat me down with a nurse practitioner who was very nice but with her accent it was difficult to understand what she was saying. They do not do blood work in house or level 2 u/s. You must make additional appointments with whatever lab your insurance accepts etc. This is an inconvenience to me as it is hard enough to have someone watch my daughter for monthly appointments let alone all of the additional tests that accompany being pregnant. The floors were dirty in the lobby and in the exam room and they did not supply anti bacterial wipes for the urine sample they requested (customary whenever they request a urine sample. Also when pregnant they take one at every appointment). The last time I was there the Nurse Practitioner said she would give me a scrip for the blood work I just needed to find out who the lab was that my Insurance accepts. Since I did not know I had to find out. I did that and expected a scrip at the second appointment. Dr. Lemay came in, no introduction, just a comment on this being my second baby. She opened my file and commented that I did not have blood work in. When I asked about a prescription for it she said I dont need a scrip I just have to go to the lab and have blood taken and that needed to be done before my appointment so they could discuss the results. My appointment was at 8:15am when I arrived I was informed Dr Lemay was still doing rounds at the hospital. That was fine, but even though I was the first appointment of the day I waited over 30 minutes for her to finish her rounds and come into the room just to tell me I had to go schedule an appointment for blood work, then come back in another 2 weeks. She spoke over me on several occasions when I was attempting to explain the misunderstanding about the blood work, did not listen, and seemed impatient. The only positive thing I can say is that she said at 10 wks pregnant it was too soon to hear the baby's heartbeat on doppler. When I expressed disappointment she made an attempt to feel my uterus to see if it was "popping out" enough to try and get a reading. It was too soon, but at least she tried. I will not be going back. I am unpleased with the way they run things, the uncleanliness of the facility, the additional appointments that need to be made, the lack of clear communication and direction, and finally Dr. Lemay just did not come across as patient and caring or someone who would really listen and value my time.

January 19th, 2011
looks like a pattern
drs lemay and matta also delivered my second daughter. at my first appointment, i informed them of pre-eclempsia with my first daughter. my husband later found out that they had me declared "high risk". did a little research and found that there is no pattern to it and it is not grounds for a high risk pregnancy. then i noticed that a lot of tests started either being repeated, or having inconclusive results.dr lemay also pushed and convinced me to be induced the day after my due date, using the babies size as the reason. needless to say i gave in. the day i was induced, her pattern (matta) was late arriving to the hospital and had absolutely zero bed side manner. the following morning, they both showed up to check progress. anything but caring and gentle. i just about hit the ceiling when she broke my water. i later found out that she did it while checking station with her finger. after that, they were no where to be seen until well in to the afternoon. i requested an epidural which took 3 hours to find them to sign off on it. any woman that has been induced will tell you that corrections are much stronger than natural labor.after only seeing my nurse all day, i hit 10cm. my nurse started delivery as they were "occupied". as my daughter was crowning, they burst in to the room. lemay did an episotomy with no warning, then used vacuum extraction. as she pulled, matta was pushing down on my stomach. a few stitches and they were never seen again.worst part of all, when i met dr lemay, she told me she would not get involved in delivery unless there was an emergency. my nurse even tried telling her that there were no issues or complications and my daughter was crowning with no problems.my husband later found out that they had induced 4 women that morning,in 30 minute intervals.guess having to go delivery another baby qualified as an "emergency".needless to say, they never even checked in on me after delivery, so i never "checked in" on them after 6 weeks.

December 9th, 2009
Dr. LeMay delivered my daughter. She had tried to get me to schedule an induction, but I was worried that would end in a c-section, so I decline. Unfortunately for her, I went into labor the night before she went on vacation. She was not very nice to me once she got to the hospital while I was in labor. She was no encouraging while I was trying to push, she was mean! She made me cry while I was already in tremendous pain with a baby crowning! If I ever decide to have another baby, I will not be going back to her.

October 2nd, 2009
She's arrogant and very rude.