Dr. Michele Lokitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michele Lokitz?

Posted on February 24th, 2016

I was referred to the stocker by a friend. She is thorough, concerned, kind, and follows up with you. Her staff is also excellent.

Not proactive for melanoma

Posted on March 15th, 2014

I have been battling skin cancer for 10+ years. My doctor moved away from the area and I decided to try this practice after reading reviews. Dr. Lokitz did not spend much time on my skin exam and barely examined areas I told her I was concerned about. In particular, when I pointed out a changing freckle, she said "that's probably nothing, we can check it when you come back in a year." I responded that I was getting skin checks every 6 months due to my history, but she said that wasn't necessary. I disagreed but didn't say anything as I had already decided to find another doctor. Dr. Lokitz didn't seem to take skin cancer seriously enough, and her bedside manner wasn't great. A few months later, my new doctor biopsied all concerning areas, including the one Dr. Lokitz said was probably nothing, and it was early melanoma. I have skin checks every 3 months due to recent melanomas. She always biopsies anything that concerns either one of us. We'd rather be safe than sorry. I was having my hair done and the stylist (also a redhead) and I got to talking about skin cancer. She asked me about my doctor because she was unhappy with hers. She had had stage 1 melanoma and her doctor wasn't having her follow up very often, and also refused to biopsy concerning areas. I asked who her doctor was, and was not surprised to hear that it was Dr. Lokitz. Maybe Dr. Lokitz is adequate for something like skin allergies or acne, but for skin cancer, I would absolutely go to a doctor who is more proactive and listens to patients.

Excellent dermatologist

Posted on January 23rd, 2012

I love Dr. Lokitz. I had melanoma 11 years ago so I see a dermatologist every 6 months. I have been seeing Dr. Lokitz since 2009. She is very thorough, listens and takes her time with me to answer each and every question. She is also very diligent in her approach to skin cancer and I trust her not to let anything go unnoticed. I really appreciate having her as my doctor.

Posted on July 27th, 2017