Internists

4048 Laurel St
Ste 306
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-770-7800
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by jen r on Mar 5th, 2014

Poor attitude if medical problem is not immediately identifiable. Confrontational if PATIENT is not able to supply diagnosis. Unwilling to follow up. Highly unprofessional; doctor and staff fail to display any dedication to seeking wellness for issues beyond basic care.

|  Doc Knows Everything?  |  show details
by Edna I on Sep 9th, 2013

My first visit to Dr. OFallon was Feb 2013. It wasn't a memorable first appointment, but it was decent enough for me to stop my search on a new primary and stick it out with her and her office. She seemed knowledgeable about overall health and spent a good amount time discussing my diet and exercise regimen, which was a primary focus of my visit. My second visit, which was the beginning of Sept 2013 was considerably different. First of all, there was no one in the waiting room, and after waiting for over 20mins in an EMPTY waiting room, I asked about it and was told they were a little behind. I thought it would have been polite for someone to say something to me since the waiting area is steps from the front window, but regardless, I let it go. Once in with Dr. OFallon, I let her know of my concern with possibly having hypothyroidism and she kindly tossed it aside by telling me I was fine because my TSH was normal and to diet and exercise. Since I had been extensively dieting and exercising for the past month with out any results, I asked if there was some other tests or doctor I could see of my concern and she gave me a number for a dietician. She said there were no other tests and would not refer me to an endocrinologist. On my own, I did more research and found out there were additional tests I could take and also found an endocrinologist. However, she refused to give me a lab form for the additional tests because she said I didn't have a thyroid problem and the endocrinologist will not see me without those additional tests. I decided then that a doctor who KNEW everything about my health and who was not willing to work in a partnership with me is not the right doctor for me. I asked for my health history to be faxed to me so I could have it for my visit with possible PCPs, but still haven't received it yet. The girl who does the faxes has been out and sick... it amazes me that no one else in the office knows or is willing to fax me those docs. Regardless, if you want a doctor who knows all about your body and your health with only a two visit encounter than go for it. As for me, I am looking for a doctor who wants to partner with me on being the best me I can be. Long story short, I am done with Dr. OFallon and her staff... no wonder the waiting room was so empty :-)

|  Personality of a dead fish.  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

I was reffered to Dr.ofallon for pain in my joints. she never even examined me. She asked me 1-2 questions, gave me some sample drug and left the room. Didn't explain anything. When I came back for a follow up, I heard her tell her nurse she didn't want to see me. That's fine. I don't want to see her either, so I left.

|  Best doctor I have seen in years  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

Dr. O'Fallon is a wonderful doctor. She looks at the patient's life and works with the patient to improve their health and well-being. She does not simply write a prescription and forget the patient as soon as he or she leaves the office. She inspired me to lose weight, lower my stress level and improve my overall condition.

|  Great Office  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Her personality is straight forward but she is very thorough. My spouse has been very sick for three years and we started seeing her six months ago. She was able to jump in the middle of his complex case.

May 23rd, 2012

Totally lacking in bedside manner ... openly avows her dislike for the human race in general. Why is this woman a physician?

|  New to Anchorage found a Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

I had the same Dr for 20 years in So Cal who was just out of Medical School then. Dr. O'Fallon picked up the batton after my move and has handled my medical needs flawlessly. From records, to billing, to treatment, to caring about me as a person, I would recommend her and her staff highly.

Mar 11th, 2011

I had requested the labs necessary for my annual exam be ordered prior to my visit so that they would not be applied to a new deductible. That did not happen. After my annual exam, the labs were ordered & because they would be applied to my deductible & I would incur significant charges, I did not have them done, however, my insuarance carrier was billed, I was then billed & called demanding payment for the services. When I refused to pay calling it to their attention that had they done appropriate follow-up re: results, they would have realised I had not had the testing done. I questioned their practices, they assured me this was their routine policy, I called it to their attention that this technically was fraud. I later received a letter dismissing me from the practice.

|  Long past time to switch doctors!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Beginning an office visit with Dr. O'Fallon's male nurse, tends to set me on edge. He snaps gum, seems always preoccupied and his follow up is very poor. Once Dr. O'Fallon comes in, she seems personal enough, types everything into her computer, but never really connects. (I chose her because of her supposed expertise in diabetic care.) In the 5-10 years I have been seeing her - not once has she done a physical exam on me. She has not checked my feet, no breast exam, nothing. The closest I came to a physical exam was when I had gall bladder problems. She never was able to diagnose it. I ended up in the emergency room with an emergency gall bladder removal - that turned out to be gangrenous. This is just one of many stories. The thought of finding a new physician was daunting, but necessary. Shame on me for not leaving her practice sooner!

|  The Worst Doctors Office I Have Ever Experienced  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2010

Back office and front office do not communicate. Average time to get a telephone call back was 3 days...and to fill a prescription 5-7 days. Staff is extremely rude and condescending. Terrible business practice. The "back office" had my office number, the "front office" had my cell number, but the front office refused to call the number the back office had, to confirm my appointment I was asked to make 3 months in advance. Now I am in a battle, over a $50 "no show fee" that the office would not confirm with me. The office manager states "we always win no show cases in court". It is a petty way to extort money out of patients, but a great way to find another physician that actually cares.