Dr. Michele Potempa Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michele Potempa?

Posted on December 8th, 2015

Dr Potemoa's practice use to be excellent . The past two years have been nothing but a hassle . They repeatedly cancel physical appointments and are frustrated when you then cannot fit back In their schedule. Prescriptions have not been called in , billing for appointments not made etc. Rude staff with the exception of one person In the office . Basically you go there to get a zpack and steroids for whatever ails you , get called honey , pay and leave .

Posted on October 25th, 2015

my husband and I have used dr. Potempa as our primary care for about 18 yrs. they are so personable,, understanding. They actually take the time to listen, they are not rushing like some others.

good & bad, office 'needs work'

Posted on December 21st, 2013

I have been going to this practice for many years, I really liked it at the beginning, not so sure now. The office seems to go through alot of staff, especially doctor's___why? It seems that whenever they get a new doc that is likeable, they are soon gone__why? I like Dr. Potempa, herself, WHEN you get to see HER___it is rare. I DON'T like the PA' s Charlene & Melanie, they are short & rude, & I have been sitting in the room waiting for the PA to come in for about 15 minutes while I listened to her on the phone outside the door on a non-critical (I KNOW because I heard the whole thing) conversation for about 10 minutes, while I waited, in the exam room, getting aggravated. I also don't like that if you were just in to see them a couple of days ago but forgot to ask a question, or address an issue, they will not talk to you on the phone, they insist that you make another appointment___why? --I was JUST THERE! I also don't like the way they run their phone servicing, the girls answering are very polite IF you can get through, sometimes it is very difficult to get through, and then they CLOSE from 12-1 (when people who work other jobs have the opportunity to make calls on their lunch)___why?--why shut the phones off?--seriously, with all the staff working in that office they can't rotate lunches so that there is always someone manning the phone?? I love Dr. Potempa, herself, she is kind, informative & has a good bedside manner, as for the rest of her staff----I think she should re-evaluate.

Stay away if you want to see a doctor!

Posted on September 10th, 2013

I have never seen anything like this place. I have attempted to see the doctor - on SEVERAL occasions. Each time I specifically requested the doctor (I have several medical issues & see many specialists & need to coordinate with my GP.) Each time, I had to wait weeks to months for an appointment - I knew there would be some wait but this was often absurd. Then, when I arrive, I am told I have been shifted to the PA! This happened on 1/2 of my visits! The final time, I questioned why this keeps happening. I was told to just make another appointment (which I did.) A week later, I received a letter dropping me as a patient. Thankfully, I am with a wonderful DOCTOR who actually cares about his patients & doesn't just shuffle as many through his office as fast as he can.

Very Satisfied

Posted on May 20th, 2013

I decided was a patient of Dr. Potempa's partner several years ago. When the partner left, I decided to stay. I am glad I did. Dr. P is considerate, knowledgeable and has a great "bedside manner". I feel very comfortable with her and Lori and most of the staff. I rarely have to wait for long in the waiting room for scheduled appointments and feel that when she is with me she is with ME. I have recommended her to a couple of my friends and have even found a few people who already go there.

oky

Posted on April 16th, 2013

I have had Dr. Potempa for years and I loved the office years ago. I am not fond of the office manager she is very mean. When you try to talk to her she speaks down to people. I have called and have been sick and they no longer call in prescriptions you have to come in for a office visit ... which then you come in and they say its just allergies then I get sent to hospital for pnemonia and they didnt call me. I called them and they made me have a follow up appt and didnt understand what the hosptial did. Doctors and Hospitals need to talk.

Former patient with no medical issues (however glad to be seen by a prompt efficient MD now)

Posted on April 9th, 2013

The office staff seems to change quite frequently and you have to wait forever to get in to be seen. Dr. Potempa, Charlene, Elisabeth and Dr. Matier are wonderful, however her "nursing staff" is terrible aside from Laurie. They seem to care more about the money and volume of patients they see versus the time they take with their patients. And the one nurse Molly is so rude when she calls. If it was their family being seen maybe they would understand. I would NOT recommend them. Especially since they cannot keep consistant nursing staff. That tells it all.

Posted on October 25th, 2012

While both Dr Potempa and Charlene are wonderful and very caring and always listen and explain the office staff leaves a lot to be desired. You can never get thru on the new phone system. The girl that comes to the phone is wonderful and helpful but Dr. Potempas nurse just DOES NOT listen to what you are telling her. I had to have a note redone 3 times for my daughter to participate in school sports because she WOULD not listen to what I told her the school required it contain

Posted on September 29th, 2011

I feel very confident in Dr Potempa's ability as a physician in accurately treating my issues. Her medical support staff is wonderful, and I have never had any issues with the office staff. She always presents options for treating my health issues, and allows me to be an active participant in my care.

Posted on June 22nd, 2011

Overall, Potempa's office has been quite a headache. The receptionist is rude, and their office is extremely difficult to get ahold of due to a faulty phone system. Due to their phone issues, patients have a tough time cancelling appointments and thus get charged for missed appointments that realistically are not their responsibility. Potempa's family practice does not seem to care whether they lose patients or not, their main concern is money.

Best Doctor I have ever had.

Posted on March 19th, 2011

Dr Potempa has been my physician for 6 years, she always comes in and shakes my hand and asks me my concerns. She allows me to participate in my health care decisions, and never forgets a script. Her office once called me when I didn't get in to get some test results. She can be hard to see but I never have a problem because I always make an appt well in advance.

Excellent ! Excellent

Posted on December 30th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Potempa. She is incrediably caring and is an amazing doctor. She listens to my concerns and allows me to dictate my treatment. She is very very nice and her office staff is as well. I would 100% tell you to see her. She is by far the best MD i have ever seen.