Dr. Michele Shimizu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 10th, 2013
I like that she is a local doctor form the islands. She is really nice as a person. Some issues I have are keeping things confidential within the office. I didn't like how the office staff grumble about other patients after getting off the phone with them. It kind of makes me wonder what is said about me when I have concerns and questions regarding my situation. I think doctors should also disclose thoughts about a situation and problem solve with their patients in a private room, not in the waiting room.

March 1st, 2013
Office staff is so unhelpful
Pass the buck doctors office. From the receptionist to the doctor. I've never been so frustrated with a doctors office. Very unprofessional.

July 5th, 2012
As far as an OBGYN goes, I would recommend Dr. Shimizu if you live in Waimea or West Side of the Big Island (way better than Waimea Women's Center -WWC). She is very straight forward-professional, One-on-One, doesn't spread her self so thin that she can not help you, she is very open to your concerns, and you have her direct line. Good Luck!

December 12th, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner
In my experience, Dr. Shimizu lacked the ability to calmly and kindly explain medical knowledge to me. She spoke rapidly, overusing medical terms that she didn't seem to realize are foreign to most people outside of the medical field. She showed no signs of care that her approach appeared intimidating and haute. The office is also small, and set up so patients in the waiting room can hear what is going on in private rooms. The receptionist is very warm and amicable, but her voice booms and I could hear her asking highly personal questions to patients on the phone (in addition to saying the patient's name out loud). It just isn't professional, and made me very uncomfortable. Overall, I would not recommend this physician.

November 19th, 2010
I was having pregnancy problems and called her after hours and she said wait until the morning-I lost my child that night and she did not even deliver it, she deferred to another doctor.