Dr. Michele Van Hirtum-Das Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michele Van Hirtum-Das?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Michele Van Hirtum-Das?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2012

My Daughter loves this doctor

My daughter has had a seizure disorder since she was two years old. She was misdiagnosed by the pediatrician who wrote off my concerns. She was eventually diagnosed at four and started seeing this doctor at five. My daughter loves to see the doctor, and loves that the doctor speaks to her directly. My daughter, now 7, understands all of the intricacies of her medication, her condition, and prognosis. Dr. Van-Hirtum-Daas has been exceedingly patient in explaining the details to her. As for return phone calls, scheduling appointments, and the office staff, we have only received the best service. All of my phone calls have been returned within hours (less than two). The medical assistant has always been very helpful. Some have mentioned that she is only in the office three days per week, which is true. However, we were informed about this prior to our first visit. We are very happy with this doctor and will continue to see her. (Daughter - seizures controlled with medication with no adverse side effects:)

November 30th, 2011

Van Hirtum Das is an adequate doctor. She follows protocol and does things by the book. However she is incredibly difficult to get in touch with...as she only works three days a week...and generally returns calls after hours when there is no way to call her back because her office is closed. Furthermore, the staff is not great about passing messages along. When asked if email would be easier she simply responded "you can try , but I don't check it that often." Her lack of desire to fix this issue dropped her down quite a few rungs in my book. Parents with sick kids who are at the point of seeing neurologists don't need the added stress of having to call an office multiple time (4 in this case) only to get a return call from an apathetic doctor.

March 19th, 2010

Know your facts

My son was diagnosed with Doose syndrome in Jan. of 09. He was spiraling downward fast and furious. Dr. Michele Van Hirtum Das really did not know how to proactively stop my four year old son's imminent demise. The problem that I had with Dr. Das is that she forgot to mention to my husband and I the inherent dangers of generic drugs with children with epilepsy. Due to that omission my son's epilepsy went from bad to my worst nightmare. On top of that when my son became non convulsive status epileptic and was hospitalized 6 times in a span of three weeks, she never once visited him b/c she did not have privileges at the hospital. Additionally, my son was released with poor liver functions, and due to overly concern family (his grandparents) on of whom has been a physician for the last 35 years felt compelled to contact her repeatedly to aid my little boy. Yet, Dr. Das felt it was appropriate to recommend to me, a mother who had been dealing with a child that was getting worse and worse in one year's time, therapy for my family. I think offended would not be the word that I am currently seeking. On a better note, today, without Dr. Das, or any US Dr., instead a Dr. from Ecuador, saved my son's life and he is nine months seizure free.

June 9th, 2017