Family Physicians, Internist

360 Amsden Ave
Ste 402
Versailles, KY 40383
859-873-7303
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Leaves me baffled  |  show details
by Annie on Feb 28th, 2014

I'm not sure how to feel about this doctor. She can be helpful in some things like giving medication to me or my husband for a condition that we both have but only one of us takes medication and insurance doesn't pay for that one. She gives it to the other. However, she is very hard to talk to because she has her mind made up and she won't change it. She hasn't examined me once and I've been going to her for two years. She is harder on women concerning weight than men and she will diagnose the worst whether it is or not. For example if a patient has been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, she says they are diabetic even if the numbers don't show that. If I have a choice I would rather see her husband who is a PA-C than her. I feel he listens more and tries to find the problem instead of going in with his mind already set. She smiles and is courteous but I don't always agree with her. Recently someone left her office in tears because all she did was talk about weight and the patient was not that overweight. Her problems were not caused by her weight. I've been told by doctors that I can't loose weight because of my metabolism and I can't exercise because of chronic pain. She won't discuss the pain and she says there has to be some exercise I can do. She acts like she doesn't believe me, even if I take in a food diary. I can't really say how I feel about her but I know most of her patients are very loyal.

|  Excellent Physician; Hostile Office Staff  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2013

I have been under Dr. Welling's care for several years. I have been very happy with her as a physician and have nothing but great things to say about her. However, I always dread talking to the office staff. They are not helpful at all and they seem to take pleasure in placing obstacles in your path in a passive aggressive manner. They are condescending to clients, and I don't believe I have ever seen one of them smile. They don't seem to understand that Dr. Welling is running a business and superior customer service can improve the "health" of the business.

|  Unnecessary, Expensive Testing  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

Overall I liked her as a person. I cannot say the same for her husband, who works as a PA in her office (conflict of interest here since she has to sign off on his work if he is a PA?), is extremely condescending, and will be the one you will most likely see if you are sick and need a same day appointment. However, this is not about him. What disturbs me is that I was sent for an unnecessary liver ultrasound. I had no symptoms or at risk history of any kind, but when I went in for my annual appt, I had some blood work done that showed somewhat elevated liver enzymes. I explained to her at the follow-up visit that I had forgotten to tell them that I had not fasted before the blood was taken and that I had taken a lot of Tylenol the previous week. She ordered more blood work and the liver ultrasound. I wish she had waited to see what the second blood test results were because it turns out they were normal, but I didn't find that out until I had the ultrasound completed. And as it turns out, she had ordered the liver ultrasound and I thought I was only going to have to pay $466, but then at the last minute apparently changed the order to an abdominal ultrasound (WTH?) which cost $894 (which I paid out of pocket because of my $1000 deductible). To add insult to injury, she never even got back to me with the results of the ultrasound (I assume they were normal) and didn't return a call asking why the order had been changed and what the results were. I do not trust her now and will never go back again.