Dr. Michele Welling Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michele Welling?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Michele Welling?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 9th, 2017

Wonderful woman

I have been with Dr. Welling for several years and find her to be caring and compassionate. She always listens and has allowed me the time needed to explain my concerns. My only negative would be at times her staff can be abrupt and unhelpful. They are not nearly as kind as she is. I have seen her husband once and he efficient and pleasant.

August 24th, 2014

Suboxone fix"Quick

Get suboxone quick,she is quick to give adderall an suboxone,don't ask for benzo cause it's bad,She thinks she is better then everyone when really ahe is a dealer in discise " her husband is a prn that follows her around like he is gonna be a DR 1 day,an really little man cen dram,An she charges 400 like the most in the state,an she knows nothing about addiction

February 28th, 2014

Leaves me baffled

I'm not sure how to feel about this doctor. She can be helpful in some things like giving medication to me or my husband for a condition that we both have but only one of us takes medication and insurance doesn't pay for that one. She gives it to the other. However, she is very hard to talk to because she has her mind made up and she won't change it. She hasn't examined me once and I've been going to her for two years. She is harder on women concerning weight than men and she will diagnose the worst whether it is or not. For example if a patient has been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, she says they are diabetic even if the numbers don't show that. If I have a choice I would rather see her husband who is a PA-C than her. I feel he listens more and tries to find the problem instead of going in with his mind already set. She smiles and is courteous but I don't always agree with her. Recently someone left her office in tears because all she did was talk about weight and the patient was not that overweight. Her problems were not caused by her weight. I've been told by doctors that I can't loose weight because of my metabolism and I can't exercise because of chronic pain. She won't discuss the pain and she says there has to be some exercise I can do. She acts like she doesn't believe me, even if I take in a food diary. I can't really say how I feel about her but I know most of her patients are very loyal.

November 29th, 2013

Excellent Physician; Hostile Office Staff

I have been under Dr. Welling's care for several years. I have been very happy with her as a physician and have nothing but great things to say about her. However, I always dread talking to the office staff. They are not helpful at all and they seem to take pleasure in placing obstacles in your path in a passive aggressive manner. They are condescending to clients, and I don't believe I have ever seen one of them smile. They don't seem to understand that Dr. Welling is running a business and superior customer service can improve the "health" of the business.

February 20th, 2013

Unnecessary, Expensive Testing

Overall I liked her as a person. I cannot say the same for her husband, who works as a PA in her office (conflict of interest here since she has to sign off on his work if he is a PA?), is extremely condescending, and will be the one you will most likely see if you are sick and need a same day appointment. However, this is not about him. What disturbs me is that I was sent for an unnecessary liver ultrasound. I had no symptoms or at risk history of any kind, but when I went in for my annual appt, I had some blood work done that showed somewhat elevated liver enzymes. I explained to her at the follow-up visit that I had forgotten to tell them that I had not fasted before the blood was taken and that I had taken a lot of Tylenol the previous week. She ordered more blood work and the liver ultrasound. I wish she had waited to see what the second blood test results were because it turns out they were normal, but I didn't find that out until I had the ultrasound completed. And as it turns out, she had ordered the liver ultrasound and I thought I was only going to have to pay $466, but then at the last minute apparently changed the order to an abdominal ultrasound (WTH?) which cost $894 (which I paid out of pocket because of my $1000 deductible). To add insult to injury, she never even got back to me with the results of the ultrasound (I assume they were normal) and didn't return a call asking why the order had been changed and what the results were. I do not trust her now and will never go back again.

February 24th, 2017