Dr. Michele Winesett Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michele Winesett?

Posted on April 12th, 2017

Be very careful with this doctor, she dismissed my child that ended up having a life threatening SMA which was secondary to Gastroparesis. My child was 48 hours from organ failure due to her negligence. Her PA was amazing and knew my child was in dire straights. I took my child down to a hospital in South Florida where she was put on a feeding tube and a picc line with TPN for 6 weeks until she was stable. Run as fast as you can. Don't let her tell you nothing is wrong.

Posted on February 15th, 2016

Terrible practice. No one cares about u as a patient. If u want to spend hours waiting to see a dr that spends literally 10 minutes with you then this is the place.

Posted on May 24th, 2015

Took my child to see her several years ago. She had the worst bedside manner and did not find anything wrong after doing an endoscopy so said there was nothing wrong with her. She was wrong. She had allergies to over 30 different things, both food and environmental. I had asked her on a couple of occasions if it could be allergy related, and she dismissed my suggestions without consideration. Fortunately there were no life threatening occurrences from eating shell fish, but if she had only listened to me when I asked questions, we could have had an easier, cheaper, and earlier prognosis.

Mother

Posted on March 26th, 2015

parent

Posted on September 10th, 2014

This doctor has been great with my child. We started seeing her several years ago and my daughter was diagnosed with a serious condition. We have been seeing both the doctor and her nurse practitioner-Michelle. I feel they are very knowledgable and their staff has been very patient and understanding with us as well. If your child has any kind of stomach problems I highly recommend this office.

Posted on August 26th, 2014

There are good and bad about this office. The problem is there are very few other options if you need a GI dr. Dr. Winesette is very good, but you never see her unless you are new, in the hospital or are going to have a procedure done. My daughter had an endoscope done and I wanted to speak to Winesette personally prior to the procedure and the office staff said that is not our policy. I had been going to this office for 2 years on a regular basis. In 3.7 years time I saw Winsette 1 time in the office, 1 time for an outpatient procedure and 3 times while my daughter was admitted to the hospital 3 different times. We also have never had a real diagnosis and no one has reconsidered any decision that was made from birth on. The office staff is terrible, rude and no follow through. I have complained to Alica about the office manager more than once. They often say they will call in an RX only to go to the pharmacy to find out it hasn't been done, I live an hour away from this office so it is not an easy trip. I usually saw Alicia, who all of a sudden without notice to her patients went to work at another of their offices permanently. I didn't know I wasn't going to see Alicia until someone else walked in the room. If the office schedules you with someone you don't usually see, they should tell you. I don't have a lot of good things to say about the office, but Winesette is good, compassionate and knowledgeable. Problem is - you will never get her in person or on the phone. If you can get your diagnosis, move on and away from this office, Find a good Pediatrician to then manage the condition.

Thrilled to have found this Doctor!

Posted on February 3rd, 2014

As the mother of a severly autistic little boy who has a lot of related GI symptoms, I was anxious to find a Doctor who would understand this connection and treat it, and us, with compassion. This is something that has been lacking in previous specialist appointments. As soon as we walked into the office, we knew we were in the right place. The secretary, nurse and nurse practitioner were nothing short of lovely. They were so kind to myself and my son, and really cared and were extremely efficient and thorough. We then met Dr. Winesett. As soon as she walked in the room and smiled at us, I knew we had found the best Doctor for my sons needs. We felt like we were meeting a long lost friend- who's also an excellent, kind, caring and compassionate physician. She explained everything well and was so gentle and kind with my child. She ordered appropraite tests, there was no waiting for them ( lab and xray on site Tampa office) and we were given easy to understand take home instructions. We thank God we have found this practise, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

You are amazing

Posted on September 2nd, 2013

She is an absolutely wonderful provider and her staff as well. I will continue referring out to her. I have never met a provider with such passion for what she does as well as her ARNPs. With the support of the staff in her office. :)

Posted on May 13th, 2013

I would recommend this Dr. to others. She was very knowledgable and very caring with my child. The nurse practitioner was the same way as well. They were able to diagnose and treat my child and she is doing A LOT better now. I thank her her and my staff for their help and for being a wonderful office.

best GI

Posted on May 11th, 2013

My child is currently being seen by Dr winesett and Alicia Tenn and they are fantastic with patient care. They are so good with my child. And theyre staff is so informative respectful and kind.... I def reccomend this GI.

Grow Up.

Posted on May 11th, 2013

First off I would like to start by saying that Dr. Winesett, Alicia Tenn, Michelle Schreck and her staff are absolutely wonderful. They take the time and energy to maintain good patient care and I completely appreciate them every day. Second, to all the other reviewers complaints. 1) if your child had a severe illness and needed to be seen ASAP your pediatrician would have personally spoken with dr winesett and she would have had them come in the same day. Otherwise you would need to be patient to get in with her. Just as you should, so kindly be patient so has everyone else with a sooner appointment. 2) you cannot blame dr winesett for any kind of way because you we're unable to be a parent and help your child, I see THEESE wonderful health care providers everyday and they work they're magic on many children helping them be able to thrive and gain weight. Majority of the time kids don't gain because the parent isn't doing as they should. They explain many things thoroughly as well as the medical assistants after they are done handing patients a paper on top of what they explained so they're will be no misunderstanding. If you listen and follow directions your child will be better. Parents are non complient therefor lack of care. 3)Be absolutely thankful that the ARNP even got on the telephone to call you back after biopsy results. This is not lack of care it is a policy to have all patients come in for results to get proper care and good communication for treatment. It's common sense people. Blame yourself for not coming in. 4)to the lady complaining about people talking about her child, I highly doubt it was in regards to your child it was probably about you because you either are non complient or flat our crazy. Sorry for being to outspoken. I hope this helps all of you. Because Dr. Winesett and her staff are Very caring generous and loving people. I would definitely recommend this GI to everyone.

Posted on April 23rd, 2013