Pediatricians, Pediatric Specialist

Bay Pediatric Gastroenterology
480 7th Ave S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
727-822-4300
Locations and availability (7)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  parent  |  show details
by Karen on Sep 10th, 2014

This doctor has been great with my child. We started seeing her several years ago and my daughter was diagnosed with a serious condition. We have been seeing both the doctor and her nurse practitioner-Michelle. I feel they are very knowledgable and their staff has been very patient and understanding with us as well. If your child has any kind of stomach problems I highly recommend this office.

Aug 26th, 2014

There are good and bad about this office. The problem is there are very few other options if you need a GI dr. Dr. Winesette is very good, but you never see her unless you are new, in the hospital or are going to have a procedure done. My daughter had an endoscope done and I wanted to speak to Winesette personally prior to the procedure and the office staff said that is not our policy. I had been going to this office for 2 years on a regular basis. In 3.7 years time I saw Winsette 1 time in the office, 1 time for an outpatient procedure and 3 times while my daughter was admitted to the hospital 3 different times. We also have never had a real diagnosis and no one has reconsidered any decision that was made from birth on. The office staff is terrible, rude and no follow through. I have complained to Alica about the office manager more than once. They often say they will call in an RX only to go to the pharmacy to find out it hasn't been done, I live an hour away from this office so it is not an easy trip. I usually saw Alicia, who all of a sudden without notice to her patients went to work at another of their offices permanently. I didn't know I wasn't going to see Alicia until someone else walked in the room. If the office schedules you with someone you don't usually see, they should tell you. I don't have a lot of good things to say about the office, but Winesette is good, compassionate and knowledgeable. Problem is - you will never get her in person or on the phone. If you can get your diagnosis, move on and away from this office, Find a good Pediatrician to then manage the condition.

|  Thrilled to have found this Doctor!  |  show details
by Jacqueline on Feb 3rd, 2014

As the mother of a severly autistic little boy who has a lot of related GI symptoms, I was anxious to find a Doctor who would understand this connection and treat it, and us, with compassion. This is something that has been lacking in previous specialist appointments. As soon as we walked into the office, we knew we were in the right place. The secretary, nurse and nurse practitioner were nothing short of lovely. They were so kind to myself and my son, and really cared and were extremely efficient and thorough. We then met Dr. Winesett. As soon as she walked in the room and smiled at us, I knew we had found the best Doctor for my sons needs. We felt like we were meeting a long lost friend- who's also an excellent, kind, caring and compassionate physician. She explained everything well and was so gentle and kind with my child. She ordered appropraite tests, there was no waiting for them ( lab and xray on site Tampa office) and we were given easy to understand take home instructions. We thank God we have found this practise, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

|  You are amazing  |  show details
by Alexandra on Sep 2nd, 2013

She is an absolutely wonderful provider and her staff as well. I will continue referring out to her. I have never met a provider with such passion for what she does as well as her ARNPs. With the support of the staff in her office. :)

|  horrible  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2013

Never bringing my child here, my child has been neglected by Alicia Tenn and Dr. Winesett. Also their office manager Courtney is awful, she is extremely rude. I am currently hiring a lawyer to get their office closed down.

by Karen on May 13th, 2013

I would recommend this Dr. to others. She was very knowledgable and very caring with my child. The nurse practitioner was the same way as well. They were able to diagnose and treat my child and she is doing A LOT better now. I thank her her and my staff for their help and for being a wonderful office.

|  best GI  |  show details
by jasmine on May 11th, 2013

My child is currently being seen by Dr winesett and Alicia Tenn and they are fantastic with patient care. They are so good with my child. And theyre staff is so informative respectful and kind.... I def reccomend this GI.

|  Grow Up.  |  show details
by Best MA in the world. on May 11th, 2013

First off I would like to start by saying that Dr. Winesett, Alicia Tenn, Michelle Schreck and her staff are absolutely wonderful. They take the time and energy to maintain good patient care and I completely appreciate them every day. Second, to all the other reviewers complaints. 1) if your child had a severe illness and needed to be seen ASAP your pediatrician would have personally spoken with dr winesett and she would have had them come in the same day. Otherwise you would need to be patient to get in with her. Just as you should, so kindly be patient so has everyone else with a sooner appointment. 2) you cannot blame dr winesett for any kind of way because you we're unable to be a parent and help your child, I see THEESE wonderful health care providers everyday and they work they're magic on many children helping them be able to thrive and gain weight. Majority of the time kids don't gain because the parent isn't doing as they should. They explain many things thoroughly as well as the medical assistants after they are done handing patients a paper on top of what they explained so they're will be no misunderstanding. If you listen and follow directions your child will be better. Parents are non complient therefor lack of care. 3)Be absolutely thankful that the ARNP even got on the telephone to call you back after biopsy results. This is not lack of care it is a policy to have all patients come in for results to get proper care and good communication for treatment. It's common sense people. Blame yourself for not coming in. 4)to the lady complaining about people talking about her child, I highly doubt it was in regards to your child it was probably about you because you either are non complient or flat our crazy. Sorry for being to outspoken. I hope this helps all of you. Because Dr. Winesett and her staff are Very caring generous and loving people. I would definitely recommend this GI to everyone.

|  Should close her practice  |  show details
by Lisa F on Apr 30th, 2013

I can write a book about how awful this doctor is. This is a sad story so prepare yourselves. My son Vincent had an undiagnosed muscle disease. He needed a gtube. It was very hard to see Dr. Wine sett. Always nurse practioners. His case was severe. He was failure to thrive. They could not figure out the calculations to help him gain wait. He had a vomiting problem as well. I had to demand to see the dr every time and it was n ordeal. No one took my sons condition seriously. He passed away 2 hours after seeing Dr. Winesett and her telling me he was doing better. I did not blame her or think a that this was her fault. But she should have seen more signs. There's more. 2 years later I gave birth to a baby girl, Lucy:) she unfortunately was diagnosed with the same condition as my son and needed a gtube right away. Had a different GI this time. He too was not taking my daughters condition seriously. I was desperate to find a good GI. I called Dr. Winesett hoping that her past history would help her know the severity. They would not get my daughter in any sooner that 8 weeks. I said it was an emergency and that she was vomiting. Best they could do was 3 weeks. I had to admit her to the hospital. She has phnemonia:( guess who the GI dr is this week? Dr. winesett. Do you believe she introduced herself to me like we never met? Did she even read my daughters chart to see the history of her brother passing from the same thing? She didn't recognize his or my name? Sorry but this is the worst dr out there. If you cannot get your child in in an emergency and end up in an emergency than she shouldn't be in practice. Lucy has been here in the hospital for over 2 weeks. She has been on cpap for 4 days straight. Very severe. Good thing I didn't wait to see dr. Winesett. Shame on her.

Apr 23rd, 2013

LOVE DR. WINESETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

|  Disgusting  |  show details
by Donna on Apr 22nd, 2013

Horrible doctor. My child recently got an endoscopy and a colonoscopy . Every since then my child has had non stop vomiting and diarrhea. Everytime I make an appointment I'm told I'm going to see dr Winesett and I don't. I see the Arnp Alicia Tenn. she is horrible as well. I remember calling into the office and talked to an Alex and they didn't hang up the phone properly and I recognized Alicia Tenn's voice. Both Alex and Alicia tenn were talking horrible things about me and my child. Will never go back to that place

|  THE WORST  |  show details
by ANONYMOUS on Apr 22nd, 2013

SHE IS THE WORST GASTROINTEROLOGIST OUT THERE! YOU NEVER GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH HER UNLESS YOUR A NEW PATIENT. MY CHILD HAS SEEN BOTH HER NURSE PRACTICTIONERS ALICIA TENN AND MICHELLE SHRECK AND THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN CARE OF MY CHILD THE WAY THEY SHOULD, ESPECIALLY ALICIA TENN, SHE GIVES YOU ATTITUDE AND TALKS TO YOU LIKE YOUR STUPID. MY CHILD IS WORSE NOW SINCE THEY HAVE SEEN THESE "DOCTORS" I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE TO ANYONE.

|  Disappointing incompetence  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2013

My child had bloodwork consistent with Celiac Disease and nobody from this office bothered to call with the results. It was only after I called regarding worsening of symptoms that an endoscopy was recommended. The day of the endoscopy, I still was not advised that the recent bloodwork was consistent with Celiac Disease. After the endoscopy was done, this doctor did not take the time to explain the findings....and just said will need to wait for the biopsy results and rushed out the door.....my child suffered in severe abdominal pain for 2 weeks when we could have started a preliminary gluten free diet. Two days after the biopsies were done, I called about my child having severe diarrhea. and abdominal pain....the nurse practioner working that afternoon called back with the diagnosis of Celiac Disease. Overall I feel there is very poor communication and follow up of patients. I am not going back again......

by Neil on Mar 8th, 2013

Great doctor. Very thorough and made my son feel at ease during visit. Our son had difficulty gaining weight. Dr. Winesett gave us several different ideas in increasing calories. Also did additional blood work to make sure nothing else was going on. Would definitely recommend her.

|  LOVE WINESETT!!!  |  show details
by Caitlin on Feb 25th, 2013

Dr. Winesett is one of the greatest doctors that I have had. She is very sweet, considerate, understanding and knew my diagnosis before she even ran any labs or tests on me. She is very special to me and I trust and value her opinions. I would recommend her to any of my family or friends. I give her 5 out of 4 stars <3

|  You only see her the first visit. She's too busy.  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

She does not give actual documentation of test or lab results. She only says to increase or decrease Miralax no matter how much pain a childs stomach is in and actually you never speak directly to her it's always her assistants. She does not reconsider her diagnosis once it's made even though the child is not getting any better. I would not recommend her or her staff.

|  G-Tube Ignorance  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

Our experience with Dr. Winesett is extremely poor. Here are the reasons:1) She inserted a G-tube following our son's heart surgery. NO INSTRUCTIONS were provided as to how to clean it, use it, potential trouble etc. We had to learn it all ourselves. The more we learned the more we realized how poor of GI doctor she is (with reference to G-tubes.)2) Following the surgery our son stopped breathing due to excess lubricant in his throat. This is after Dr. Winesett mentioned everything went well. Thanks to team on board at St. Joseph's his throat was cleared within minutes and permanent damage was avoided. Bottom line - shouldn't she have known to clear the throat of a sedated 4 month old baby after inserting the G-tube? 3) When G-tubes are inserted children become dependent on them. Dr. Winesett had absolutely no plan to how long the tube should stay and/or when/how to wean off. (We found the GRAZ model online and once again the more we learned the more we realized how poor her knowledge was.)We stopped seeing her after our 1st follow up visits following the discharge. This is our experience. If you read this and are planning a G-tube PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE CLEAR PLAN as to when to remove it and how it will be done. Thank you