Dr. Michelino Scarlata Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michelino Scarlata?

September 20th, 2016

Worst Experience of My Life

I will try to be as brief as possible. When my OBGYN referred me to this doctor, I looked to see if there were any reviews and there weren't. However, I am wondering if there aren't any reviews because Dr. Scarletta is just THAT HORRIBLE. One reason I am giving him 1 star is the simple fact that he has no manners. I saw him in office twice and he literally will make patients wait for him while he runs out to grab lunch. The first time I had an appointment, I was the only one in the office AND the first one and he did not show up until a hr and 10 mins later. Not only that, but he did not apologize for the tardiness. The second time I saw him, the receptionist called and informed him that he had patients waiting and he then told the receptionist that he was stepping out to get lunch and would return in about 30 minutes. Well even after being annoyed with his tardiness, I decided to still stick with him and let him do my hernia repair surgery because he diagnosed me with a large ventral hernia and told me that I SHOULD NOT get pregnant until it was fixed. So at that point I felt pressured to get the surgery. Long story short, once I woke up, the nurses told me that there ended up not being a hernia. So imagine sitting there in pain from the cuts, just to be told that this was all a waste of time. I immediately got upset and began crying because I couldn't understand why he would tell me that I had a hernia and I didn't. So I asked to speak to him and he came into the recovery room, looked me in my eyes, and told me that he said "possible ventral hernia." Listen, this may not sound like a big deal to who ever is reading, but it is to me which is why I am writing a review and I hope that he gets dealt with accordingly. I am 25 years old and I have never had a major surgery other than a C Section which even then, I was scared out of my mind. So if I do not feel that I absolutely have to get surgery, I am NOT going to get it. Period. I can't believe that this DR had the audacity to look me in the eyes and lie to me. I have all the medical records that show where I was diagnosed with a large ventral hernia and nothing in those records say "possible." After I asked that he leaves the room, he continued to argue with me and try to prove himself innocent as if he was not wrong. I have filed a complaint with St. Josephs Candler Hospital and I hope no one else has to go through what I did because of a doctor's misdiagnoses. If there are other general surgeons in the area, I would HIGHLY advise going to someone else. Dr. Scarletta is not professional, he's a liar, and he has absolutely no manners. I couldn't pick my 6 month old son up for two weeks because of stomach pain that resulted from an unnecessary surgery. So please think twice before seeing this general surgeon. Best Wishes to you all.

November 4th, 2015

Extremely rude!!!

I've never had a doctor treat me with so much disrespect or look at me with such distain. He continuously ripped into me about my personal health conditions. Has an extremely poor bedside manner an was unprofessional to a point that I do not trust his "professional" opinion and will be seeking other options.

November 2nd, 2011

A Caring Doctor

He is one of the best doctors I have ever met.We take our mom who has cancer to see him.He is so caring and loving.He spends so much time explaining everything and making sure we understand.He is always optimistic and encouraging.He is the main reason my momis doing so well.W dont see many like him.

February 26th, 2017