Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michelle Affield
Dr. Michelle Affield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lenexa, KS, with another office in Lawrence, KS. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hematology and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Affield is affiliated with University of Kansas Hospital, University of Kansas Medical Center and Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Michelle Affield has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability...
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment...