Ophthalmologists, Surgical Specialist

4100 Duval St
Austin, TX 78751
512-997-7750
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
    by patricia nb at Citysearch on Apr 10th, 2013 on citysearch.com

I loved my first visit at Dr. Berger`s office. I was impressed with the friendly office staff and Dr. Berger was very informative and thorough. She made me feel very welcome and took a lot of time during thhe exam. My perscription glasses are perfect. I have every intention on returning for my next exam. One a scale of 1 to 10 I give this office a solid 10.

by lanceb1378161257 at Citysearch on Apr 9th, 2013 on citysearch.com

Thank you Dr. Berger for teaching me how to use contacts. Now I dont have to wear my glasses while i play sports. Thanks for being patient with me. Lance

by vivianc174947450 at Citysearch on Apr 3rd, 2013 on citysearch.com

I can see again. I was really scared to have my cataract surgery and it turned out great. I also thought it would cost alot thats why i waited so long and Medicare paid most of it. I was able to go on my cruise and sight see. I can see colors again. Thanks Michelle and Shauna for a experience that was scarey for me yall made it a easy experience.

|  Never wrote a review before but.....  |  show details
        by smiller65 at Citysearch on May 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was referred to Dr. Berger 3-4 years ago for an eye infection. She was rude, condescending, impatient and irritable.She did cure my eye infection so I figured everyone has a bad day rightI decided to give her a second chance this past January. I was rushed into the exam room, rushed through the exam and had problems getting my prescription filled. I tried to work with the prescription that she wrote but become more and more frustrated. I called to request to have my old prescription refilled i needed bi-focal contacts and was told that I have to pay for another office visit Never again. I am sure that there are other Ophthalmologists in town that can do their job, be pleasant and accommodating.I gave her one star because she did cure my eye infection.

|  Problem with Michelle Berger Office Staff  |  show details
        by H Allen at Citysearch on Feb 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berger needs to better informtrain her office staff to know what insurance they accept. Once they have all of your information in hand including all of your insurance details they should know if they accept your insurance or not. They tell you they accept your insurance and then AFTERWARD they bill you for the full amount of the appointment saying they don`t accept your insurance after all.....WHAT Oh, we were just kidding when we said we accepted your insurance the joke`s on you and pay up or we will send you to collections! Unbelievable! Dr. Berger should take responsibility for their ineptness and errors and not put the burden on the patient who trusted that they were professionals and knew what they were doingsaying. I would never recommend Dr. Berger to anyone. She may be a decent doctor but unfortunately this doesn`t mean much when you have to go through what I went through. She becomes quickly cold and uncaring and very unreasonable and will not admit any accountability....but expects the unsuspectingtrusting patient to be held accountable!

|  OUTSTANDING  |  show details
        by jdeverett at Citysearch on Apr 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

|  OUTSTANDING  |  show details
        by jdeverett on Apr 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Berger since about 1999, mostly for small things up until a couple of years ago. Dr. Berger discovered cataracts early in my right eye. She predicted with great accuracy how the cataract would progress, almost to the day. When it was time, Dr. Berger performed lens replacement surgery in my right eye. The procedure was painless as was the healing process. She followed up constantly and I felt very well taken care of through the entire process. I went from what was at the height of my cataracts like looking through a piece of wax paper to COMPLETELY RESTORED VISION in my right eye. That was a year ago.Last week I developed some swelling and soreness in my right eyelid. Not wanting to take any chances I called Dr. Bergers office and she got me in the same day...on a Friday and it was apparent she already had a full schedule as her lobby had several other patients. None the less, she got me in. She examined my eye and determined that I had gotten some foreign object into my eyelid whihc caused an infection. She also checked my vision in both eyes while I was there, whhc she didn`t have to do but did anyway. A perscription of antibiotics and eye drops, and three days later my infection is about gone.Dr. Berger is friendly, thorough, and a total professional. Her Office manager, Shauna is also the best. I highly reccomend Dr. Berger and I would trust her with my life.Thank You Dr. Berger for all you have done for me.

|  Good experience  |  show details
        by gweasley on Mar 12th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berger is the most pleasant and professional opthalmologist I have visited with in Austin. She took the time to address all my questions and concerns but was also very efficient in her use of time with me. She also explained the details of what she was doing and was very thorough in her approach. I would highly recommend Dr. Berger to anyone seeking an eye doctor.

by Lauramarie on Sep 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

I would never go to Dr. Berger again. She does not respond to any criticism and does not properly train her office staff nor hold them accountable for misinformation given and/or errors. In this respect Dr. Berger has a very poor attitude and I predict

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
         |  Inept office staff combined with doctor with a bad attitude  |  show details
        by Lauramarie at Citysearch on Sep 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

I would never go to Dr. Berger again. She does not respond to any criticism and does not properly train her office staff nor hold them accountable for misinformation given andor errors. In this respect Dr. Berger has a very poor attitude and I predict will lose many potential patients who may go once but never again.

by marie1934 on Feb 25th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berger has always treated my family like family. She has always been there when we need to get in to see her. Dr. Berger has given quality care to myself and my family. Dr. Berger has respectful office staff. I highly recommend this office.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
        by marie1934 at Citysearch on Feb 25th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
         |  Choose another opthalmologist if at all possible!  |  show details
        by ulara at Citysearch on Nov 27th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I`m in the middle of a nightmare with this office. At first I thought it was just the office staff that was to blame but I now realize that the doctor is just as bad, unless the staff is forging her name on correspondence to me without her knowledge.

by ulara on Nov 27th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I'm in the middle of a nightmare with this office. At first I thought it was just the office staff that was to blame but I now realize that the doctor is just as bad, unless the staff is forging her name on correspondence to me without her knowledge. B

by mscutie314 on Oct 24th, 2006 on citysearch.com

My family has seen Dr. Berger for years. She has always been efficent and very caring. It's refreshing to go to a doctor's office and be greeted by name. Dr. Berger treats us as friends and more than just patients.I never feel like she is trying to do

|  Friendly doctor  |  show details
        by mscutie314 at Citysearch on Oct 24th, 2006 on citysearch.com

My family has seen Dr. Berger for years. She has always been efficent and very caring. It`s refreshing to go to a doctor`s office and be greeted by name. Dr. Berger treats us as friends and more than just patients.I never feel like she is trying to do anything but give us honest and great service!

by 3rdgentexan on Sep 6th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Our experience with Dr. Berger was life altering. After a successful cataract surgery on Mom's right eye, she totally botched the left eye, leaving her with MONTHS of pain, discomfort and total loss of vision. It has required 3 additional surgeries to

|  Dr. Michele Berger opthamologist  |  show details
        by 3rdgentexan at Citysearch on Sep 6th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Our experience with Dr. Berger was life altering. After a successful cataract surgery on Mom`s right eye, she totally botched the left eye, leaving her with MONTHS of pain, discomfort and total loss of vision. It has required 3 additional surgeries to correct Dr. Berger`s \"\"accident\"\". Mom will never regain vision in that eye, which is a major setback in the quality of her life, at 82. As if this wasn`t enough, Dr. Berger was rude and uncaring during a routine exam, and her receptionist demanded immediate payment140, although they had already received the Medicare portion. We had hoped this was a singular \"\"accident\"\", but have since come in contact with 2 other patients who`s life has been altered. Now we`re seeing a pattern, and would like to start a network of patients. She needs to be held accountable. After what we`ve been through, we would like to prevent this for others.