Emergency Physician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
Jul 5th, 2014

My daughter was in a motor vehicle accident. She is a minor and was agitated after the accident. She was seeing a therapist at the U of M, had an appointment that morning, but was prevented from leaving the ER. She was told she needed to wait in the ER all night to be "assessed" by a Fairview social worker. She and I argued about this. I had been told that my daughter would be committed on a 72 hour hold if she didn't agree to the assessment. She was then placed in psychiatric seclusion by Dr. Bochert without my knowledge or approval because she was "agitated", i.e., refusing the referral. She was not released until two hours after the social worker she was waiting to see "assessed" her as not being a threat to herself or others. Dr. Bochert prevented me from seeing my daughter and did not tell me she was locked up. Several laws and many hospital policies were violated in this process. Dr. Bochert may have a great bedside manner, but she is not knowledgeable or competent in the care of adolescents. I also think that she was more concerned with another Fairview provider getting the referral than she was with the trauma caused to my daughter by being secluded to ensure her cooperation. I will be filing a complaint with the Medical Board about this physician and I would caution anyone reading this to not use the Fairview Southdale Emergency room if you can avoid it.

|  Car accident  |  show details
by Jason Schneider on Jun 22nd, 2013

I have back and neck pain feeling horrible and my visit at the er was long but the dr. Was great! Not from around here and she helped with finding a follow up dr. For me and everything!

|  Absolutely the best  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I saw Dr. Bochert in the ER last weekend. I was feeling absolutely terrible. Dr. Bochert had excellent bedside manner and made be feel comfortable when I was pretty much feeling my worst. If she ever sees this- please know that I appreciated how kind and caring you were in such a stressful situation. Thank you a million times!!