Dr. Michelle Brewer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michelle Brewer?

GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on April 14th, 2015

Went to see Dr .Michelle L Brewer GREAT DOCTOR PERIOD.

Mixed feelings - Doctor or KNC policies and practices??

Posted on July 16th, 2014

Dr. Brewer was with Knoxville Neurology Clinic (KNC) when I saw her as a patient. I experienced a recurrence of my Trigeminal Neuralgia (TG) pain and called for an urgent appointment only to find she had left that group. I received no notification that my neurologist of 2+ years had gone elsewhere...if she was seeing her old patients at her new location..or who, if anyone, was taking over her patients at KNC. Furthermore, I wasn't given the opportunity to find another neurology practice if I had wanted to. That is very unprofessional to say the least. Because I was experiencing a major flareup and change in my TG pain, I needed to see a neurologist right away. My only option was to see whoever was available at KNC. Dr. Brewer did not make my TG diagnosis but she did confirm the diagnosis of my referring physician and proceeded accordingly. My TG pain was controlled with the medications she prescribed. I was satisfied with each of my office visits with her...she was attentive, took a reasonable amount of time with me but appeared a little distracted at times. All in all, I liked Dr. Brewer but was very dissatisfied with the followup...there was none unless I initiated it myself and then it was like pulling teeth to get a phone call returned or an appointment in a reasonable amount of time. I hate it when I'm put in the position of having to be rude to get results and that was my experience with KNC more times than once. I hold my physician responsible for seeing that his/her patients receive timely and efficient follow up. Dr. Brewer (and KNC) miss the mark in that respect.

Posted on April 24th, 2013

They definitely pressured me to buy products. She was focused on medicating me for migraines, when my headaches were not migraine related. Was ordered a medication that i have a contraindication for, and she never reviewed my allergies. Nurse didn't even enter them in the computer system. She was upset with the fact, right from the beginning that I was referred to her and not one of her partners, and I wasn't the one that made it. I waited an extended period of time to see the doctor, and then felt she rushed through my assessment, never reviewed my chart ( so why fill them out.) She never reviewed what she was looking for or provided any clue of what she anticipated on might potentially could be my problems and I was in a lot of pain after my appointment. Their office was nice and quiet, but extremely cold. Every time I had a concern, or if I called to ask a question, the staff made me feel like I shouldn't have called and that I didn't know what I was talking about (it is my body and I know what I am talking about). They weren't helpful. I have never received a call back re: any of my concerns or questions that I have left messages for, and it has been over 4 weeks and still unable to get any of my test results back. Office will not schedule an appointment to discuss test results, and will have to wait 6 months for my next appointment. No dictation or test results have been sent to my PCP. I had an early morning appointment, and by the time I was done, was told that labs couldn't be drawn unless I returned after the lab person came back from lunch or I could follow up with my PCP to have them drawn. Felt she didn't listen to any of my concerns, interrupted me as I was speaking. Would not recommend this doctor to my worse enemy. Find yourself another doctor or practice!

Posted on April 9th, 2013

Dr Brewer has treated me for MS, ruptured discs, and sciatica. She is professional and cautious. I saw a few doctors before getting a referral to Dr Brewer and they did nothing for me. In fact it was Dr Brewer who sent me for the test that identified my ruptured disc. Her nurse is wonderful, my calls are always answered promptly.

Posted on July 17th, 2011

The office staff and Dr. Brewer treated me as I was an inconvenience to them. The Dr acted as she was in a hurry and actually took a patient that came in 25 minutes after me first.I canceled my follow up appointment and found another doctor.

Posted on October 27th, 2017