Dr. Michelle Britt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 9th, 2015
Worst eye doctor for kids
Rude and unpleasant doctor. She shouldn't be allowed to work with kids in the first place. She appeared annoyed the entire time. When my daughter couldn't read the letters from the chart she accused her for not trying hard enough. She had her hand firmly gripped on top of my daughter's head the whole time. Not that she was squirming or anything like that but maybe she needed to show who was in control???? When my daughter whimpered after she puts in the eye drops to dilate her pupils, instead of dabbing the extra drips gently, this woman just kept wiping back and forth with the tissues. So hard that the skin was turning red. Ouch. Never again.

August 14th, 2012
Worst Office staff in town
Please bring mask with you during the flu season because they pack you in like sardines. Most office staff are extremely rude. One is extremely racist. They call Fridays, Medi-cal Fridays. Dont go. Dr Britt is very nice and her nurse Karen is a doll. Christine is a sweetheart but the rest of the office staff belong working at a walmart in a back room somewhere where they have no public contact. This is no lie. Have been taken my child there for about 4 years and it never gets better. Ive even witnessed fighting in the office on Med-ical fridays because people are stressed from the 3-4 hour wait.

July 30th, 2012
Great at diagnosis, bed side manners; not so much.
Dr. Britt did her job as far as finding out what was wrong with my sons vision. She took her time to double check everything. However, I did not appreciate her condescending tone about my child's glasses being "grimy" ( he's one and I clean them every hour, they still get little finger stamps on them!) and she completely belittle the other doctors diagnosis that we previously saw, in front of me in a very unprofessional manner. She mentioned several time how she knew she was right and how much the other doctors were way off. It sounded petty. I'm certain I will not e going back to her practice.

October 4th, 2011
Dr. Britt is nice, for the 5 minutes you spend with her. The staff is rude, uncaring, and inconsiderate. They insiste on early appointments & then you wait for 2-3 hours with your child. Forced to go here due to where we live, but we;ve finally decided to drive a distance than continue. They don't care what you think of their practice. Nothing changes.

September 3rd, 2011
Dr. Britt came across as friendly and knowledgeable. My son was 6 mos at the time and his eyes would cross, and she told us that he needed glasses and a patch to help correct the problem. We got the glasses which our insurance didn't cover and after my son wore them for a few months we were told that he would need eye surgery to correct the problem because the glasses weren't helping. So now I've spent all this money on glasses that my son never needed just to be told he needed surgery. I did not feel comfortable with the surgery and I felt pressured to do the surgery for my son. I didn't have the surgery done with her! Especially since she said there is a chance after surgery he would still need the glasses! I got a 2nd opinion and boy was I glad i did!!! My son did need surgery but NEVER did he need the glasses beforehand or would he need them after surgery. The wait time was horrible and the waiting inside to see her was pretty bad too. I wish I had found our current dr sooner so we wouldn't have had to waste all this extra money for my son and we could of put it towards his surgery. I would NOT recommend the children's eye institute or Dr. Britt. I felt like they only wanted my money and wasted alot of my time!!

September 7th, 2010
really good doctor, but it took forever to see her. Waited for 2 1/2 hours to be seen for my appt.

September 1st, 2010
nightmare of an office
if you have the option of taking your child somewhere else, do it! I've waited up to 4 hours to be seen. They've given me appointments at 7 a.m. but their office opens at 8 a.m. Everyone I've spoken to that takes their kids there hate it, staff is rude, waiting time is too long, waiting room is crowded with only one restroom that you need a key for. I had to change my son to a doctor that is 50 miles away and I'm still home a lot sooner than when I go see Dr. Britt who is 5 miles away.

August 4th, 2009
Terrible Office Staff
Dr. Britt is Wonderful but her office staff from bryan school as they act are extremely rude, unfreindly, rude on hte phone and rude in person. I shake every time i have to deal with one.