Dr. Michelle Welch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

May 12th, 2016
Can't get any better than Dr. Michelle Welch
absolutely love Dr. Michelle Welch. She is very through, professional and friendly. Really love her and her office staff

March 10th, 2016
Good doctor with a staff of rude idiots! Reconsidering my choice of specialists!

August 26th, 2015
Dr. Welch was my specialist for 5+ years. Only because of changes made to my insurance coverage..... I switched to another physician.

August 19th, 2015
Money over Care
I don't know if it's just this Doctor or all Docs in general now a days, but this practice is about volume not patient care!!!

April 28th, 2015
ASK before you book
I waited a long time to see Dr. Welch on my first visit I didn't see Dr. Welch but her assistant. Her assistant is very nice and polite but she's not a doctor and I was very uncomfortable with her "professional opinion". On my follow up I requested to see Dr. Welch and they said I could NOT switch. Be careful with this office's policy and ask questions before you make an appointment, especially if you have a serious health issue. Incompetence has no room when it comes to your personal health.

June 10th, 2014
horrible practice
My doctor called in Dr. Welch when I had surgery four years ago. She was responsible for my thyroid and vitamin D levels. When everything seemed to be stable i suggested that I have my regular Doctor continue to monitor the levels and come back to her if there were problems. I just tried to make an appointment to see her to follow up because I think there is a problem. I just spent close to an hour on the phone with this office trying to make an appointment. After ridiculous delays, them insisting I have to be a new patient, a hang up, scheduling a NEW PATIENT APPOINTMENT FOR SEVEN WEEKS IN THE FUTURE WITH A NURSE PRACTITIONER I was transfered to another person who took my medicare and private insurance information and then told me that SHE WOULD CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT IF I DIDN'T GIVE HER A CREDIT CARD NUMBER. I have to admit I said a bad word before I hung up. It will be a snowy day in hades before I try to go back to Dr. Welch, I can't wait to find out how much pain and money it will take to get my records from this office.

October 11th, 2013
Overall happy with this facility
I would definitely recommend dr welch to anyone who needs an endocrinologist. She is wonderful, takes time with me to explain my labs and medication at each visit. She has it set up were you see the nurse practitioner, Dolly, every other visit. Which helps in patient flow in my opinion. Dolly has been great as well, she takes time to explain labs and medications also. Both providers always ask about my symptoms and address them with me. The front staff isn't very friendly, they're kinda rushed and dry personalities. The nurses are hit or miss they're either super friendly or very rushed as well. The phlebotomist is always very nice and get your labs done quick. Overall I've always had good experiences, I've been a patient there over a year. No one has ever been flat out rude and the doctor and nurse practitioner are awesome.

July 7th, 2013
Patient
Always very thorough and this Doctor has made feel that I have been adequately diagnosed and treated.

May 1st, 2013
disappointed - would never recommend this place
I came to this practice based on reviews but have been highly disappointed since the very beginning. I could not change endocrinologists right away due to my condition and having to see them regularly for a period of time. I have waited in that office for an hour and most times. I know how doctor's offices work because I work in one. The amount of wait time is ridiculous to say the least. The fact that they do nothing to fix this and show they don't care when asked about it, is unacceptable. They should give more time for each patient and see fewer patients instead of showing complete disrespect for the patient's time and making them wait over and hour. A little wait is understandable but the waits I experienced most visits there left me feeling disrespected and that the office and Dr. Welch could care less about their patients time, yet the doctors time is valuable. I've spoken to them several times and they just tell me that is how it is. Once, just once out of my many regular appointments with them, I was 15 minutes late because I had a sick little one and explained this to the office and they refused to see me - and I was the last patient of the day! - I still don't understand why they couldn't see me when I was last patient of the day - they were clearly seeing patients scheduled way before me when I walked in (this is the case every single time). Ive patiently waited in that waiting room for over an hour most visits, and yet they could care less when I explained my baby was sick and this is why I was 15 minutes late. Complete disrespect for patients here. The Dr. herself is rushed, does not care to build a relationship with the patient (as you can see she is rushing all the time ) and there are far better endocrinologists I've had over the years as far as teaching/sharing info with the patient goes. Their goal is to see as many patients as possible and make as much money as they can, half the time you are seeing the Nurse practitioner and the doctor walks in for a minute at the end. I would not go here if you want to be respected and treated with common courtesy as patients should be - I would never treat patients like this in my office.

January 20th, 2013
On more than one occasion I had been treated poorly by her staff, most recently I was supposed to pick up prescriptions at front desk and took over 30 minutes to get assistance. The lady at front desk wouldn't even look up from computer to acknowledge me. It has been a real struggle for a copy of my blood work, which the staff recommends I get copy from the lab!

July 5th, 2012
I have been under the care of Dr Welch for over a year. I was misdiagnosed with having Hypothyroidism in 2011. Dr Welch continued to increase my dosage without listening to my concerns. After I requested to stop all medication, I re-submitted blood work and was then informed that I didn't need to be on Synthroid and that I was misdiagnosed. The staff is also not very helpful at all. I am currently 5 months pregnant and the recent incident happened two days ago. I was concerned with my blood work and asked if the office PA would review to make sure there were no issues, I requested a call back and received two different diagnosis. The first was from the PA Nurse stating the PA reviewed all my lab work and that everything was fine. I then received a call from the PA two days later asking me to come into the office immediately because there were concerns with my blood work. I would never recommend this doctor or her staff to anyone. Please do your research and review all the complaints this office and the staff has received in the last two years alone. Please be cautious..

December 15th, 2011
Great doctor - terrible staff
Dr. Welch was highly recommended but had I known about the unprofessionalism of her staff, I would have gone elsewhere. How in the world the women in that office keep their jobs is beyond my comprehension. After being given a new sample medication, the Doctor's assistant told me to call her with any problems. The first time I took it, my blood pressure shot up to almost 195/95 withing 20 minutes. I called the office repeatedly. My return call came the NEXT DAY! I was very curtly told that they have 48 hours to return a call. Really? I could have had a stroke. This is just one of my many, many aggravations with that terrible staff. What to do? Could it be better elsewhere?