Dr. Michelle Daffer Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michelle Daffer?

Family and Consumer Science Instructor

Posted on September 5th, 2016

Dr. Daffer is very understanding and very thorough. She understands that I can't control when I get a breakout from dariers disease. She makes appointments to be sure nothing else is wrong with you. She cares about your welfare.

Posted on October 14th, 2013

Dr. Daffer has cared for my husband, two children as well as myself. She is very caring and sensitive.

Misdiagnosed-now with stage 3b cancer

Posted on March 24th, 2013

I went to her in 2009 to have her look at a suspicious mole-she said her son has the same one and not to worry about it. In 2013, I insisted my Dr. take it off. Found out it was stage 3b melanoma cancer. Went to mayo and they gave me 43% chance of survival within 10 years. If only she would have caught it earlier then I wod have had a lot better chance. Whatever derm you go to-if they hesitate to take a mole off that is remotely suspicious then go elsewhere. Afterward my mayo surgery and lymph nodes removal I called to follow up and I couldnt even talk to her directly-her nurses blew me off and said that I am now a mayo patient not theirs. On the positive side she is nice and easy to get an appt with. I will however will be going elsewhere (now to a medical oncologist and a derm with cancer experience. If caught earlier the melanoma would t have spread to my lymph nodes. We all make mistakes but when it is so easy to remove a mole that is suspicious I feel she let me down

Posted on August 12th, 2017