Dr. Michelle Douglas DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Franklin, WI

December 24th, 2016
Highly Experienced and Humble
I would say dr.Michele is very experienced doctor in the area. Moreover she is very nice human and guides u in all the way.

November 13th, 2015
Dr. Michelle Douglas goes above and beyond for her patients. She made my pregnancy experience that much better. It was evident when my daughter was born that Dr. Douglas was truly happy for us. After my daughter was born I moved away from the Franklin area, but I will still drive an hour just to have her as my doctor.

March 30th, 2015
She is one of the most caring and talented physicians I have encountered. Truly cares about the patient and goes above and beyond. She delivered all my children and I'm so thankful to have her as my doctor

November 24th, 2014
Awful OB/GYN
The visits were brief, asked no questioned. When it was time to deliver my baby she seemed shocked that I did not wanted any pain medication or anything. She seemed like she did not know what she was doing. It was an awful experience. She would check my dilation progress and another person, a midwife, would too. They did not let me know who this person was. In the end I had a torn clitoris and she failed to notice. I noticed after my 6 weeks check up since I continued with pain. I would not recommend her.

May 16th, 2014
Does bare minimum - borderline incompentent
Told me I had a prolapse, but suggested we do nothing about it, even though I was in pain. Never offered alternatives or suggestions, when I Google's WebMD from her office and showed her that many doctors recommend surgery, she said yes, that was an option, but she doesn't recommend surgery. Basically that if anything 'falls out', I should call her back. I told her I would like to explore more proactive measures . She said she would have her office call me with a referral. Also said she would phone in a prescription for another issues. She never phoned in the prescription and I had to call her office to remind her, but they had no record of her requesting the prescription.. And then I never received a call on the referral. I called her office again and they gave me a doctor's name, but said he usually didn't even need a referral. So, I waited three days in pain for information she could have given me right away.

August 31st, 2013
What happened to compassionate care?
Saw Dr. Douglas after CT Scan done in ER for extreme and debilitating lower right back pain that revealed I had several masses and other issues. Appointment made more than a week later. Dr. Douglas stated not to worry until she told me to worry and ordered an ultrasound. While having ultrasound on Tuesday, I got excruciating pain in lower pelvic area which later caused me to be on the ground in pain and lower pelvic area was distended and bloated. I called on-call doctor on Wednesday. Talked to Dr. Douglas' office that morning about symptoms and bloating and was told Dr. Douglas would call me the next day with the results of the ultrasound. I then became lightheaded, off balance, felt like passing, was lethargic and confused and started bleeding vaginally so went to ER on Thursday. While in triage they suspect I had a TIA but found out that Saturday after getting the MRI results (Dr. Douglas ordered the test while I was hospitalized, but would not review results until in the office the following Monday according to the hospitalist) that I was hemorrhaging in the lower pelvic area. I had a critical INR (bleeding time/critically thin blood/4.7) on admission. Dr. Douglas never came to see me in hospital on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. No pelvic exam was ever done. I was discharged Sunday with no pain meds for the lower pelvic pain and it took until Tuesday after going to her office and calling the office several times until Dr. Douglas prescribed a pain medication. She would say it was ordered, and it wasn't. This happened several times. I was left in pain the remainder of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday until about 1pm. I then had to wait until Wednesday to go to her office for her to refer me to another physician due to the complexity of the surgery, delaying even further my treatment. I asked if she could tell me over the phone as the hospitalist already provided the results, but the answer was no. So I was hemorrhaging into the pelvic area and had no pelvic exam for 8 days when I saw a specialist that scheduled the surgery. As a result of my calls for the pain medication on Monday and Tuesday follow discharge, Dr. Douglas discontinued my care and told me to search the yellow pages for a new physician. This is not a very caring physician. What happened to, "I'll tell you when to worry". We all knew I needed surgery. I had pain medication around the clock in the hospital, then I was discharged with nothing, I asked the nurse that was discharging me and she said to call Dr. Douglas Monday morning. My surgery yielded massive legions and scarring, masses in ovaries and on the outside of ovaries, legions that connected my ovary to the back of the pelvic wall and uterus on both sides, legions on bladder and pulling the ureter into the ovary on one side and into a ligament on the other side and legions on the colon, and of course the hemorrhaging in a few places.

June 27th, 2012
Way off
I was told I had a pulled groin muscle. She never did an exam. I went to another doctor to be told I have stage 3 ovarian cancer. I also had to had to have an ovary removed.