Surgical Specialist

Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
27920 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
248-855-6030
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Great Experience  |  show details
by JoAnn on Sep 19th, 2013

Outstanding, caring and prompt service received from staff to doctor. Information relayed in detail and understandable terms. Never felt rushed, as Dr. Hardaway was always willing to answer questions with extreme patience. I’m very pleased with the outcome of my procedure.

by Janie on Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. Michelle Hardaway is by far the most skilled, professional, and caring Plastic Surgeon in the state of Michigan. As soon as you walk into her office, all fears are quickly removed as thorough explanations are provided for procedures and expected outcomes. It is very apparent that providing each patient with a better quality of life is Dr. Hardaway's mission, When it comes to health care, putting faith and trust in others can be a somewhat difficult decision to make, but I am so thankful that I put mine in Dr. Hardaway. She also has a highly trained professional staff and they do everything possible to assure that all patients receive optimal care. I wish there were 5 stars instead of just four !

|  Excellent Doctor and service  |  show details
by Karen on Sep 16th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Hardaway and am amazed with her talent. She is a talented and gifted surgeon. She has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. She takes time with her patients and answers my questions and makes me feel s though I am her only patient. After surgery, her nurse called to see how I was progressing and if I had any questions. They make me feel special. She provided services for me and several of my family. Everyone is very satisfied. I have referred friends for tummy tucks, liposuction and they have referred their friends and their friends have referred their friends. Her staff is very professional. They are courteous and welcoming. Her staff is like a loving family. I would highly recommend Dr. Hardaway for all plastic and reconstructive services. Make sure you make your appointment today.

|  Phenomenal experience  |  show details
by GoldenlaDee on Jul 16th, 2013

I spent two years researching, checking references, and visiting doctors before choosing Dr. Hardaway as my doctor for abdominoplasty, and I am so glad I made the decision that I made. I found Dr. Hardaway to be informative and patient. She and her team prepped for my concerns and potential complications that I hadn't discovered in my search. No stone was left unturned, even those safeguards that I wanted to ignore. I am tremendously grateful for their level of professionalism, thoroughness, and follow-up. While following their post-surgery regimen, my recovery has been speedy and painless and I could not be more pleased with the results!! If you are looking for a healthy process and want the best care possible, you too will chose this medical team. Dr. Hardaway has renewed my faith and will always be my first source. My next focus; facial care.

|  Love Dr. Hardaway  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

My experience with Dr Hardaway was a great experience and I highly recommend this doctor

Mar 29th, 2013

I'm very happy with the service provided from Dr. Hardaway and her team. Pleasant, friendly staff and I would recommend anyone to see Dr. Hardaway.

|  breast enhancement  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2013

I would certainly tell a friend if she were looking for a plastic surgeon for breast enhancements.

|  Modified Endoscopic Browlift for Migraine Relief & Cosmetic Rhinoplasty  |  show details
by Marti Masters on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Hardaway performed a surgery for me to relieve migraine headaches. It had gotten to the point where my normal life was dysfunctional and I just wanted to die. After the surgery, I felt like I was in heaven and now I only have one or two migraines a year. Before the surgery, I suffered severe debiliatating migraines several times a week. However, the first surgery was not too successful regarding my appearance. The eyebrows were low and uneven. Consequently, I felt ugly. After several months, I finally told Dr. Hardaway that part of my surgery was to improve my appearance and I felt like I had spent money with no result execpt pain relief. Much to my sheer amazement, Dr. Hardaway said she would correct the surgery. She booked me a private room at Beaumont Hospital, did the surgery, and fixed both eyebrows. It was just beautiful and perfect. It did not cost me one penny for this second surgery. The rhinoplasty Dr. Hardaway performed was good the first time. She did exactly what she said she would do and I am very happy with the results. I can breathe easier, the bump in my nose is gone, and I feel pretty. After all the surgeries, I had some excess skin in my upper eyelids. Dr. Hardaway said I probably needed eyelid surgery, but she felt a specialist should take care of it. I was a bit unhappy that this possibility was not mentioned to me at the time I booked the original surgery because I would have included it in the total surgery plan. I did see a specialist who corrected the eyelids and found that I could blink much easier. After that, I went to another specialist who did a minor fix to the outer corners of the eyelids and eyebrows. Dr. Hardaway is a nice person with an excellent bedside manner. She listens to her patients and accommodates special requests for privacy. Her staff was helpful and courteous. Overall, Dr. Hardaway's services were less expensive than other doctors, but the quality of the surgery was excellent. I am a healthy, happy person now, able to live a normal life - free of pain from the terrible headaches and free of self-consciousness about former flaws in my appearance. I would recommend Dr. Hardaway. I had all the surgery done in 2001, so it was quite awhile ago. I imagine her surgical techniques have improved over the years. I felt bad reading negative comments about her staff because they were always very polite to me.

Nov 4th, 2012

My neck lift was my second procedure performed by Dr. Hardaway and I am extremely pleased with the results. Dr. Hardaway is a wonderful surgeon and she very easy to work with. She was very interested in finding out what my concerns were and what I expected from the surgery. She then shared her professional opinion with me and allowed me to make the final the decision. I found her staff extremely pleasant and informative. After seeing the results of my neck lift, both my hairdresser and facialist asked for Dr. Hardaway's number to refer their own clients.

|  Computer analyst (Ret.)  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

Dr. Hardaway and her Staff are wonderful. They are professional and courteous. I am so please with the work Dr. Hardaway did reconstructing my breast(breast cancer surgery). Her knowledge and skills are superb.

|  Super Duper!  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2012

Thank you Dr Hardaway, you have excellent techniques, wonderful concern and care, going over and above my expectations. You run a quality practice with a loving staff. I have already made numerous recommendations. Everyone has seen results, many compliments. You are super duper. That means A . Sincerely, Carolyn

|  Two months out..  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Lately I've been feeling down about my recovery I still have lot of swelling going on.. Just thinking that by now my tummy should be flat just wondering if something came apart or what.. Just feeling a little sad because of all the pain and money and that I'm not looking that great really makes me feel down and out. Did I do something wrong or did the doctor, what's going on only time will tell

Sep 6th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr.Hardaway. She is highly skilled and I recommend her to all my friends and family. I'm so happy with my results.

|  Unprofessional and pushy, just a sales staff  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

"Before" and "After" pictures were from far away, technician didn't even know how to use the camera to take close up pictures. Wasn't even offered to see before and after, had to ask and then it was a bothersome ordeal for the staff. Waited over an hour for follow up consultation and NP tried to sell me another package when I mentioned that I did not see great results with Laser Genesis. Also had Laser Genesis done at another place and saw more results in one session vs the 5 sessions cumulatively at this office. Probably old equipment. Unprofessional. Go somewhere else.

|  Total professionalism!  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr.Hardaway embodies prefessionalism, knowledge, care and dedication!I have had one major procedure done, which I am very satisfied with 4 years ago, since then I visit once a year for touch ups on fillers. She listens and gives advise in a very calm and knowledgable manner- no presure in any type or form. Her whole staff whom are very warm and friendly make my visit there feel like I'm re-visiting close friends or family!I'm extremely satisfied in the choice I have made 4 years ago since dealing with their practice and I continue so- there isn't a single negative point I can honestly think of!!Thank you all ladies... keep up the wonderful work!!

|  Getting better  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

Dr. Hardaway and her staff is wonderful there is no other doctor like her. She listen to what you have say and she takes the time to answer your questions no matter how silly they might be. When I first walked in her office I was a scared and nervous mess but the second I met with the dr. And staff I knew in under 5 minutes that this was the place for me. The day of my surgery there was no need for me to be scared or nervous I knew that I was in good hands and that god had lead me to dr.hardaway... I have told just about anyone who would listen about her and her staff... And many of my own family members will be calling the office for a appointment..... Thanks

|  Ecellent skills, caring and professional office staff.  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Hardaway. She is the best! Excellent physician/patient relationship. She will always be my choice!

|  Horribly Procedure  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

I would not recommend this Dr. for any procedure. She is nice until she gets your money. Afterwards you only deal with her staff and the procedure looks like I never had one. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

The best doctor in Michigan.....

|  Nurse Practitioner patient adores this doctor  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

As a nurse practitioner I am very picky about my health care. Dr Hardaway has been professional and compassionate. Neither she nor her practice are glitzy or pushy. I feel comfortable asking questions at appointments and when I have had any post surgical concerns she was responsive in addressing my worries. The patient education is great and expectations are clear. I'm three week post op of breast lift with augmentation and I'm very happy.

|  mild mannered  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

I went to see dr. Hardaway for consultation for tummy tuck w/lipo. I LOVED her. She takes her time to explain every procedure in detail and the possible outcome. I ended up choosing the dr that did my breast lift last yr ONLY because they need to be done over and he's not gonna charge me for the second surgery because I'm getting more work done. However, I wish I had known about dr. Hardaway last year I would've definitly choose her hands down over any other dr I consulted with. I know my breast would've turned out right the first time.

|  8 yrs as her patient and I STILL love her like the first moment I met her  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

I had a breast augmentation 8 years ago. My results made me feel so much better as a woman! I had no idea what type of implant I would want and Dr. Hardaway quickly knew my shape and size needed. I told her I wanted a natural hang to my breast and not the hard round implants sitting on my chest. SHE DID THEM EXACTLY AS I WANTED - though I can't take credit, she's just an amazing surgeon that knows how to take plastic surgery and make it look like it was always yours. I will also say that she removed a mole that same day and I honestly do not know where it was ... there isn't a single mark from it. She revised my implants last week to give me more fullness now that it's 8 years later and larger breasts are more accepted and I am SSOOOOO happy. Again, they do not look like baseballs - they have a natural feel and hang but with great fullness. She stays with you and explains everything. I love the fact that I can ask and really feel secure in her answers. I would never go any where else, I would send my own children to her if they ever needed help - yes she does more than breasts :)Now on to Laura - her sidekick - her nurse. Laura has been there since my first breast augmentation and honestly she makes your experience so amazing. Immediately after surgery you are moved to a private room and your nurse stays with you. My experience was always so great because I would wake up to Laura beside me with the lights dimmed and her calmly waking me up. Such a pleasure when you know that other surgeons just move you out to a recovery AREA. I have gone to her for other procedures such as a mole removal on my face, and botox - again my experiences were more than perfect. You are in great hands with Dr. Hardaway and Laura - they are quite the team! Thank you both for making me feel fantastic with my body and give them a natural look. I have had two family members use her since and people ask me all the time who did them so I am sure there will be more!

Mar 30th, 2012

Dr.Hardaway and her staff were professional and caring throughout the whole procedure. Wonderful experience!!

|  Wonderful results  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Dr Hardaway gave me a tummy tuck the results was wonderful. Pain free with the pain. All her staff was very professional , caring for all your need .

Mar 26th, 2012

The Staff and the Doctor was amazing. I had my surgery Jan 30th and I am back to work feeling and looking great. Dr Haraway came highly recommended and she has lived up to that reputation.

|  The Best Plastic Surgeron In The World!!!  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

I'm so happy that I found Dr.Hardaway. I needed a tummy tuck/lyposuction. After reviewing another surgeron, then Dr. Hardaway, I WAS SOLD. She actually taught me about my procedures, gave me her professional opinion & took very good care of me. I lost 15 pounds in a month. it's been 3 months since surgery and I'm maintaining my weight. I've gained self esteem and suggesting the dr. to other family members. Her office is beautiful with all of the extras like...beverages on fine china & TV while you wait on the dr. The staff has become very dear to me. I feel like family. They are courteous & accommodating. My husband doesn't even mind sitting in the waiting room while I'm in an appointment. For those searching online for a plastic surgeron, I hope that you read my rating. It is all true & you too can lose that tummy along with pounds & gain self esteem. LOVE HER!!!JC

|  I got a tummy tuck, lipo, fat njections in the butt, contouring of my hips.  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

Dr. Hardaway was not even a prospect to perform my surgery, I was getting a 2nd opinion bc I know it's the right thing to do. But when we met, she was incredibly thorough. Explained the procedures in detail, I had no wait at all. I walk in and get called right in. Her bedside manner is a comfort and she covers all the bases. YOu don't leave with unanswered questions. There's no fast talking. Shes honest and I knew form the first minute we met, she was the surgeon for me. I'm 43 and been waiting a very long time for this and I had to be sure it got done how I wanted it done. It's only been 2 weeks but I can see such a difference already. I cant wait for my "after Pics". This changed my life in many ways and I recommend her 100%. She's an honest surgeon that cares about meeting our expectations. so far, extremely pleased!

|  Thank You for a new Beginning  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

Approximately 10 months ago, I made the decision to change my appearance...at first it was reluctantly. Now I am so happy, my self-esteem has been restored. Dr. Hardaway's Nursing staff introduced me to a mini "before and after", movie and explained the basics of the procedures performed for the different body enhancements. After deciding this was definitely what I wanted to do, I spoke directly to Dr. Hardaway.During this consultation all of my questions were answered, procedures were explained and described in detail and my confidence in Dr. Hardaway just blossomed. My surgery was successful and she was always available to answer post operative questions and her Nursing staff was available for my at home care and guidance. Would I do this again? ....OF COURSE.... What did I have done,... lipo-suction, tummy tuck, and fat injections. Now my appearance is a "yeah". If I need any additional touch-ups in the future...you know where I will go! Thank you again Dr. Hardaway and your Nursing Staff for all the support and a awesome new look, not to mention up-lifting my self-esteem. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Sep 27th, 2011

Dr. Hardaway and her staff were very caring and run a very professional office. I am very happy with my outcome of service I had done. Thank you very much!

Aug 11th, 2011

Dr. Hardaway was my fourth consultation. With all the possible concerns with a surgery such as mine, I searched and searched. From the first call to the initial visit I was treated with the white glove service. The staff presented me with coffee in a china cup upon my arrival and I felt as if I was important as a person and not a number. When Dr.Hardaway came in she came with a since of calm and approachability, she was not hurried or fast in her conversation. I knew she was the one. With all her accomplishments in her field and awesome bedside manner I committed to my surgery. Two months later "I'm a raving fan" for this doctor. She is a trailblazer in her field and I wish her much success. I'm asa real patient and if you wanna chat with me......ask the office and I will call you. Kind regards, Ms. N. Brown of Shelby Twp.

Aug 2nd, 2011

i really love everyone here. dr. hardaway was very honest.. its definitely not a money thing.... if i need any other work done... she ll be the one...

May 24th, 2011

I am very thrilled with my results. The doctor is excellant, I had consultations with other doctors and I am happy with my decision to have my surgery with Dr. Hardaway. My tummy tuck and liposuction surgeries have given me a new outlook. Her staff was considerate and thorough. I would highly recommend her!

|  Cash Cow  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

Horrible experience. All they want is money, money, and more money. They are nice before they get your money afterwards not. I am experiencing discomfort with a producure performed and unsatisfied with results. I could have done this. There is another doctor I was going to have my procedure done but she was injuried and could not perform my surgery. Be Wise, seek another doctor.

Apr 4th, 2011

The physician and all of the staff was very kind. They made me feel like I was the only patient there. The office is very professional. I was very nervous prior to my procedure, the staff helped to ease my fears. After the procedure I had whatI thought was a complication, when I called the office they were able to get me into the office quickly. If I have future procedure I will return to Dr. Hardaway.

|  G.A.  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

Overall I am pleased with the service of bothe Dr. Hardaway and her staff. They are very personable and available whenever I need them.

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Hardaways for a little of 2 years, I've had a few services done with her (rhinoplasty and laser hair removal) and each was an enjoyable experience. The entire staff from the administrative staff to the nursing staff are always very professional and have treated me with the highest respect, not to mention EVERYONE is so sweet and caring. Dr. Hardaway was referred to me by family and friends so I knew immediately upon meeting her that she was the right doctor for me. I am EXTREMELY please with my results and I always get compliments, I could not have asked for a more perfect doctor.

|  Over hyped!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2011

After spending thousands of dollars in cash for lipo, tummy tuck and rhino my tummy scar is crooked, my nose looks the same, and the lipo is unnoticeable! And, I got a bill for more money! My belly button needed to be revised, and her office continues to try to sell me more procedures rather than fixing what was already done! I started off loving this staff I ended up wishing I had gone elsewhere!

Feb 23rd, 2011

As a first time patient for a plastic surery procedure I researched various doctors and clinics. However, after consulting with Dr. Hardaway I was convinced she could offer me the natural results I was seeking. I was confident in my desicion not only by her demeanor but by her history as a plastic and affiliation with Wayne State University as well. I have had two procedures performed thus far and look forward to working with Dr. Hardaway in the near future. Great work, great staff and even better results!

|  Love my new breasts  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2011

Love my breast augmentation and have referred friends who are very happy.

Jan 14th, 2011

I would strongly recommend Dr. Hardaway for anyone seeking improvements with their general appearance. The minute I entered her office I knew my research was done. Her staff is warm and engaging-you can tell how well they all get along-and Dr. Hardaway-she is just an amazing plastic surgeon you get to meet with her at your consultation visit which is very rare in other offices. I am so pleased with my end results and many of my friends are now seeing her as well!! She's the best!!!!

Dec 5th, 2010

I went in for breast augmentation surgery. After the procedure, my right breast was lower than the left. After several visits and complaining of my dissatisfaction, dr. hardaway agreed to repair the right breast. The incision looks as if her hand slipped while making the incision and I am now left with an uneven, lumpy scar. I am currently looking for another plastic surgeon to repair the botched work of dr. hardaway. I would not recommend this plastic surgeon.

|  great experience  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

I had a great experience with this center, and am very very pleased with my results.The staff is very friendly yet professional and knowledgable. My surgical results are nothing short of amazing(vaser lipo). When I needed to reach Dr. Hardaway on a weekend, the answering service had her on the phone within 5 min.I was also contacted the next day to make sure I was OK, (even though the problem I experienced was not due to my procedure).I would highly recommend this Dr. and would certainly return myself for any future procedures.I

|  i wish i knew better  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2010

I hate that i wasted my money with her!! I paid cash-just over 12k!! then went back and gave her another 2500 for vela on my thighs with did nothing but burn me half to death!! i feel i was taken advantage of. i had just lost my father and allowed them to convince me to get all these procedures that didnt even improve my body like it should have because she did a half-ass job! they even ordered my garment 2 sizes too big which provided me no support so i had to buy another one!!! make sure u make it totally clear want you expect before you say 'i do'!

Mar 9th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Hardaway. Her credentials are amazing and her nursing staff are so professional and caring. I love my new body and feel so much better about myself! Thank you Dr. Hardaway!!!

|  Dr. Hardaway is nice but I don't recommend  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2010

Dr. Hardaway seems to be friendly; however, I do not recommend her services. I had Lipo of the abs, back, and flanks a few years ago, which did not work at all. Although there is no "guarantee" youll see significant results from any procedure, I was shocked not to see ANY. Unfortunately, my time and money was wasted. Years later, I still have pain in the waist from the procedure and a tingling sensation that runs through my legs resulting from the surgery. Additionally, some of her nursing staff lack professionalism and common courtesy. I went back and forth with one in particular about removing my stitches properly after several visits where she failed to do so. Months later, I had permanent scarring and discoloration from left over stitches. The doctor eventually removed. In terms of the follow-up care, forget about it. They will call you at your scheduled intervals for you to come in and take photos but once they realize your procedure wasnt a success, they are done with you especially when they arent able to upsell other services.

|  Run away as fast as you can  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor/clinic to anyone. She needs a new staff.

by KAMARIA T on Nov 13th, 2008 on yahoo.com

very inconsiderate staff! i inquired about|Fraxel laser for minimal acne scarring. the physician assistant was very incosiderate to my feelings regarding my skin! i was very upset!|i will never go back here. the worst part is i gave them another chance to fix everything and that appt. was canclled due to an emergency and no one has called me to set up another consult since then!! what a waste of time!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Apr 1st, 2006 on yahoo.com

A great set of twins: I wanted to increase my bumps to some large lumps, and I could not have went to a better doctor. I am very pleased and so is my husband.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com