Dr. Michelle Jenkins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 3 reviews

October 21st, 2013
Excellent Physician
Dr. Jenkins has been my physician for five years and the first primary care physical in the Atlanta area I have felt comfortable with since moving to Atlanta in 1996. She makes it extremely easy for me to discuss my health issues and spends time listening. She is the first primary care physical after 10 long years and multiple physicians that doesn't make me feel as if I am getting 'drive through window' medical care. I recommend her to all my friends and family members. I love being able to access my medical records on-line. In addition, Dr. Jenkins referred me to an excellent specialist when my physical showed a slightly abnormal reading in my blood work which lead to the early discovery of chronic condition.

June 17th, 2013
Non Believer
In a recent meeting with Dr. Michelle R. Jenkins I was incredible discouraged following my visit. The purpose of my visit was to treat my ongoing battle with ADHD which I’ve had since childhood. To her credit this was our first visit with one another. I say this because she was reluctant to refill my prescription. I have been in and around the medical profession since childhood and this am honestly the very first time I’ve been denied a script. One could point out her not knowing my history; however this was presented prior to the visit. I can understand not prescribing my script because you are (and I quote) "Not willing to take on the liability". However I am not willing to understand a physician’s response of "I recommend you see a "shrink" to undergo an evaluation. She then proceeded to question ADHD after I described that I often have trouble focusing on many task at once and that I have a million thoughts running through my head and my prescription helps me funnel those thoughts into one clear stream. Her response was "Well, doesn’t everyone have that issue." I simply cannot express my disappointment with her and her practice for not being compassionate towards a person with ADHD. I will not refer her and I highly recommend you look elsewhere. For those of you thinking this is an issue limited to ADHD and the reluctance to prescribe a controlled substance please consider her thought process with her patients. Instead of thinking I need to treat the patients concerns her thought process is, maybe I can change their mind about how they are feeling. This is a dangerous medical practice.

May 7th, 2010
Her front office staff in Cumming are very rude
I've been going to Dr. Jenkins for three years now but will be switching to another doctor because I'm tired of being treated so rudely by her front office staff. After the third visit to her office where the check-in staff was mean and intimidating, I found myself welling up when the nurse asked how I was today. I explained that the check-in staff were so rude it upset me and their response was to make excuses about staff being stressed out over computer problems and told to "let it roll off my back". I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to complain in order to get a little common courtesy. This is a repeated problem at this practice and I'm not going there any more.