Family Physicians

7600 Southern Blvd
Ste 1
Youngstown, OH 44512
330-629-8466
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 3.1935483870968 of 4 stars
 |  Great doctor  |  show details
by AC on Mar 21st, 2014

She calmed my fears about labor and did exactly what she said she was going to do, I love her and would recommend her to everyone I know

Aug 11th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Kapons and yes she is worth the wait for me. But I did have to switch to another pediatrician for my children. While I really like Dr. Kapon a 3 hr wait for young children is just not right for my family. And that is just in the waiting room once you get to the room you are there for at least 45m to hr. By then the kids are pretty cranky! So I give her the thumbs up for adult care (minus the long wait) and do not recommend her for your children again only due to the wait. She is always changing staff which is something I have learned to get used to. But every time there is a really good girl at the window she is gone the next time I am there :(...

|  business owner  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2013

I was reading most of these comments.!!!most of you are dead on !!! Yes there are times I've been there and there is a long wait . But when your doing ob/gyn, pediatrics, and familyfamily what do you expect. As far as kids running around what doyou expect she does family practice kids are included in that... I wad also there the day the ine nurse had her child there and maybe if you would ask like i did they'd explain the situation and it was to benefut us patients.. I notice she has gone through some staff which in my iwn business i completely understand cause nobody wants to work anymore and want everything handed too them and thank God her staff did change the one girl was horrible never did anything i need that was promised... Now these girls are on top of things definitely worth the wait!!!

|  still searching for a doctor  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

My first appointment was scheduled for 9:15am. (I was told it was the first apt of the day) I arrived at 9am. The waiting area was chaotic. There were small children running around playing, 2 televisions with high volume, a radio turned up loud, and it was very cold in there. By 11:20am, I had still not been seen. I told the staff I would have to re-schedule because I had to return to work. They scheduled me for 10:15 on a day the following week. That day I waited another 2 hours without seeing the doctor! (Same atmosphere in waiting room)

|  Based on Dr Kapon when she was at Progressive womens care.  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2013

I went to Dr Kapon a few years back when she was at Progressive Women's Care with Dr Canby. I got into the appointment in under 15 minutes... She seemed really nice and I am a critical type of person. I went for a yearly exam and a mammogram... yuck! lol Anyhow, I do not recall her having bad bed side manners??? But, I have not been to see her since she got her own practice... I was going to make an appointment but I will not now.. I cannot tolerate long wait times and rude front end personnel... I will be going to see Dr Canby... I think. Good luck to you Dr Kapon.... take some of the advice given on this site from your past patients... Your staff is very important to your success.

|  I would stay clear...  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

This office is so disorganized, I had an appointment with my child and the nurse that took us back was carrying her child in one of those baby carriers. Is this legal?? I will not be going back to that office.

|  Don't go  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

I Went to Dr Kapon for a follow up visit from a surgery that I had out of state I brought all my current records that I had figuring that would be sufficient enough. After telling 2 nurses my current situation and hearing them repeat it the Dr in the hallway an hour later The Dr still did not understand my situation and felt she could not do anything. So then said she had to get my records (which I brought) from the my previous Dr so rescheduled me in 4 weeks so in the mean time I guess I just deal with my issues that I have. Very disappointed made me feel like my issues were not anything worth her time.

|  Anti-breastfeeding and condescending  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2013

Dr. Kapon was assigned to my son since I didn't have a pediatrician for him at the hospital where I delivered. My delivery was natural and my son was perfectly healthy. He took to breastfeeding like a champ and was nursing hourly in the hospital. He'd had 4 wet diapers and 3 bowel movements in the first 24 hours (the expectation is 1 wet diaper and 1 b.m. in the first 24 hours). When she examined him, she tried to tell my husband and me that he was dehydrated and that he needed formula. She basically said without formula he would have to be treated for jaundice. Fortunately, my husband and I are healthcare providers, so we both knew better and ignored her. My son was back to his birth weight by 5 days old (the expectation is by 2 weeks old). He never needed treatment for jaundice. He is still exclusively breastfed and growing well at 4 months old. She is anti-breastfeeding, despite the many health benefits to mother and baby and despite the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The information she gives patients about breastfeeding is not based on evidence. If I hadn't known better, like many new mom's don't, she probably would have reduced my chances of breastfeeding successfully.

Feb 23rd, 2013

Dr Kapon has been my Dr for a couple years, she is a very nice person and seems to really care. If you are ok with wait times up to 3 hours and a staff that is always misplacing paperwork, it also takes for ever to get a referral. There are always new staff members, seems like every couple of months the entire staff is new. Dr Kapon is great, I just wish she would get her office together.

|  Great doc  |  show details
by WK on Feb 8th, 2013

Been my dr for last 3 yrs and I am very pleased with her. She delivered both of my kids n I continue to see her since she cares for my kids too now. Always available I trust her and she has always been helpful with all my questions.

|  she has changed  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

great through a miscarriage i had. she was great through my pregnancy that i just had and i have a beautiful baby from it. it seemed as soon as the baby came the caring stopped i go in for help with some issues I've always have as i was still attempting to explain what was going on she interrupted me and jumped straight to ppd and prescribed anti depressant. that caused a very violent outburst and when i called she never called back !!!! until she gets herself together go elsewhere!!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Compassionate, great bedside manner and an excellent doctor.

|  FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

2-3 hr wait in a waiting room every appt...horrible bedside manner...everything she told me i was doing was wrong...told me my 2month old was ready for apple juice..to give it to her once a day!!! Ridiculous!!! Her staff is incompetant. You try to schedule an appt all you get is a machine. They never return your call. You call to complain you get hung up on, poor attitude. Do your self a favor and pass on her!!

|  Martha L.H.  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

I think that Dr. Kapon is at the very top of the list when it comes to physicians. I am a registered nurse. I picked Dr. Kapon because I saw how compassionate she was with all her patients at the hospital. She not only spent time with each patient, she looked at the "entire person". In my opinion, she is extremely knowledgeable in all areas of medicine. She was there for me and properly treated my condition after I had seen numerous doctors with no answers. My son also sees her as his doctor. She is kind, never condescending, and never judgmental.

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I've been going to Dr.Kapon now for 6 years and I have to say I would not go to anyone else for my care. She has spent countless hours with me over the years not only tkaing care of me but also got to know me and my family. She tuely cares about her patients and its apparent she really enjoys her job. She went above and beyond to make sure I was on the same page as her with my care. Everytime I need an appt I have no trouble getting in, and after reading previous messages I have to say she hasn't ever ignored my symptoms or mismanaged any of my medical problems... I give her 4 stars but the wait time could use some improvement

|  terrible  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

terrible bedside manner, did not listen to my symtoms, multiple wrong diagnosis, nursing staff constant turn over when i switched dr's they sent me for proper tests was diagnosed and only had to suffer for 6 months before i gave up on her and found new dr and am feeling better now

|  Great doctor!!!  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

DrKapon was referred to me by my obgyn Dr.Canby,and I trusted her with my care and so I trusted Dr.Kapon with my child's care. And I'm glad I did, I have to say i read the last comment on her and I had quite a different experience with her. I too am a breast feeder and I found her extremely helpful especially when my milk did not come in and my child was severely jaundiced and dehydrated, she was always available to answer questions and reassure me to continue trying and not give up. It was an emotional rollercoaster and she held my hand thru it and within a week my milk came in and my stress level dropped significantly. She was available when my daughter had a a temp at 2 am that turned out to be teething but she never hesitated to call me back at all hours of the night or day everytime she spiked a temp and get to the bottom of the problem and fix it. In my book a doctor that is avaailable day and night and knows what she is doing gets an A rating, i hghly reccomend her! but the wait in the office is something I think needs to be fixed, but I hear there is a new office opening soon that will decrease the wait time, definitely looking forward to that the next well visit!

|  awful  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

This doctor was assigned to me when I had a baby, she was awful and did not know any thing about how to care for a baby or breast feeding. She spend a lot of time with me telling me I was doing everything wrong and told me I had to give formula because breast feeding was not going to give my baby enough wieght gain and she told me to give formula wic doesnt pay for. I got a new doctor right away.

|  Dr. Kapon  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

Dr. Kapon came to the hospital on the morning that my son was born and assisted my OB/GYN, Dr. Canby with my Cesarean. She has been available to me every second since, and my son is almost 9 months old. She has been supportive of our decision to breastfeed and our decision for a delayed immunization program. I also have two daughters who are 9 & 13 and she works just as well with them. I am very happy with Dr. Kapon and the practice and recommend her to any friends with children!

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

She is a fantastic doctor! Very caring and patient. She takes a long time with her patients answering questions and making sure they are comfortable with the treatment plan. She takes care of my husband and I as well as our infant daughter. You'll have a little bit of a wait to see her but it is only because she doesn't rush her time with her patients. Worth the wait!!

|  great dr. terrible waiting time  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

i really dont want to write a negative response because the dr. is great, however every time we go with our new born we wait at leat 2 hours in the waiting room and another hour in the office. with a newborn this is just far too long.

|  She's worth the wait!  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

It's not too often you find a doctor who can not only take care of your whole family but who your whole family loves to go to. She has an awesome personality and truly cares for her patients answering night and day if we need her. She is a great doctor and I recommend her for people of all ages and all needs. There is nothing like a doctor who is willing to fight for your health and feels like your family!

|  excellent physician excellent skils  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

this physician has excellent surgical and medical skills. She has excellent diagnostic skills. She is compassionate but most of all dedicated to her work as a physician as to you as a patient

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

Dr Kapon took care of me during my difficult pregnancy. She always spent time with me and addressed my concerns in a professional manner. During my labor she was always available and worked as a team with the nurses. I had a beautiful delivery and after my son was born she took outstanding care of him too. My husband has also switched to her practice so now the whole family can go to one doctor. We get the best care and it is very convienient. I would recommend Dr Kapon to anyone.

|  WONDERFUL CARE!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

I can't say enough about Dr. Kapon!! She was wonderful during my pregnancy, as well as my delivery. She was available day or night to answer any concerns I had. She made me feel at ease throughout my delivery. She treated me as if I was her family member. I never once felt rushed during any of my visits. I would recommend Dr. Kapon to all of my family and friends. She was wonderful and so was the care I received!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

Friendly doctor who listened to my concerns and provided great postnatal and follow-up care for my baby.

|  Terrible!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Horrible bedside manner.

|  Great doc  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

She has a phenomenal bedside manner always takes the time with me and my daughter no matter how far behind she is, she was recommended to me by my OB and I'm glad to have her as my child's doctor, and i trust her entirely with the care of mynfamily. She always returns phone calls at all hours of the night, I called her once at 2am and she talked me thru the night and saw first thing in the morning, she's worth the wait in the waiting room...

|  Horrible Dr  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

Put my 2month old baby on Zantac when all I had to do was switch her to soy milk and she was fine! Called the after hours number and never got a return call back not once but twice and those people are rude as well!The main kicker is she won't release my daughters medical records where it states in the Ohio advisory code that you have to and she told us she doesn't have to do anything she does t want!! How ignorant of a dr is she! Asking for my 4month child's records not my dogs!!!

Jun 22nd, 2011

Great bedside manner, really made a connection with me, definitely will return to her office again, I trust her with the care of my unborn child...