Dr. Michelle Kapon MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Youngstown, OH

3.6

September 27th, 2016
She gets an A+ !!!!!
I love Dr kapon and her staff! They truly are awesome. Very caring and understanding and always gets me in quick whenever I call. Wait time is about 30-45 minutes from waiting room to back room. She is very attentive and any time I call after hrs she always calls me right back and will do anything to makesure I'm healthy and my mind is at ease. She has saved my life before and I just love her she is the best and she is also great with my children.! I highly recommend her! Seriously she is great!!!!

September 8th, 2016
Long wait
I'm in the office right now. My appointment was almost an hour ago and I'm still sitting here in the waiting room. The wait seems longer when you actually get back to a room. All I gave to do here is follow up with a medication, and the wait is unbelievable. At one point, 3 people were standing because there weren't enough seats for the amount of people here. I love Dr. Kapon, and love that she's a "one stop shop", but she stretches herself too thin and I feel she doesn't spend as much time with you in a room as she should. I read another review that says she was on call for the birth of their baby and didn't see the baby until 34 hours after the birth. Not sure if that's true, but if that is true, that is terrifying and I may have to find another doctor.

April 11th, 2016
Dr. Kapon was the on-call pediatrician at the hospital where our baby was born, and did not see our baby until 34 hours after she was born. She also held up our discharge from the hospital because she would not return the calls of the nurses. Nurses and the supervisor of the Dept. came in our room to apologize, stating she was wrong on both accounts and they have received only negative feedback for her. The nurse even warned us about her before any of this. She didn't care about us or our child

January 4th, 2016
Thoughtful doctor!
She's really good at remembering her patients. She recognized me at my job and reminded me of my very appointment. If you have children, did you know she will set aside Fridays for children only? She's good at what she does which is it gets kind of busy in her office...very. So to my delight, Progressive Women's Care opened a 2nd office which she works out of so the wait time is less than when all the patient trafficking went to one place.

December 16th, 2015
Dr Kapon is a super nice lady, she seems to care about her patients. But the wait time is ridiculous, I have been in that office for over 2 hours on more than one occasion. She is spread too thin & needs to bring in another Dr or Nurse Practioner to help. The staff was for the most part nice but they are also taking the brunt end of a busy office. The office hours are short & sporadic & full which makes the chances of getting a same day appointment slim to none. Honestly if you value your time & need to be in and out this is not the office to go to. She is a great Dr but when it comes to being a single mother balancing two kids & work... I had to switch.

March 10th, 2015
The best doctor ever!!!!
I love Dr.Kapon and her staff of nurses... They all are very sweet I'm greatful to have found her

March 21st, 2014
Great doctor
She calmed my fears about labor and did exactly what she said she was going to do, I love her and would recommend her to everyone I know

August 11th, 2013
I am a patient of Dr. Kapons and yes she is worth the wait for me. But I did have to switch to another pediatrician for my children. While I really like Dr. Kapon a 3 hr wait for young children is just not right for my family. And that is just in the waiting room once you get to the room you are there for at least 45m to hr. By then the kids are pretty cranky! So I give her the thumbs up for adult care (minus the long wait) and do not recommend her for your children again only due to the wait. She is always changing staff which is something I have learned to get used to. But every time there is a really good girl at the window she is gone the next time I am there :(...

August 8th, 2013
business owner
I was reading most of these comments.!!!most of you are dead on !!! Yes there are times I've been there and there is a long wait . But when your doing ob/gyn, pediatrics, and familyfamily what do you expect. As far as kids running around what doyou expect she does family practice kids are included in that... I wad also there the day the ine nurse had her child there and maybe if you would ask like i did they'd explain the situation and it was to benefut us patients.. I notice she has gone through some staff which in my iwn business i completely understand cause nobody wants to work anymore and want everything handed too them and thank God her staff did change the one girl was horrible never did anything i need that was promised... Now these girls are on top of things definitely worth the wait!!!

July 29th, 2013
still searching for a doctor
My first appointment was scheduled for 9:15am. (I was told it was the first apt of the day) I arrived at 9am. The waiting area was chaotic. There were small children running around playing, 2 televisions with high volume, a radio turned up loud, and it was very cold in there. By 11:20am, I had still not been seen. I told the staff I would have to re-schedule because I had to return to work. They scheduled me for 10:15 on a day the following week. That day I waited another 2 hours without seeing the doctor! (Same atmosphere in waiting room)

July 10th, 2013
Based on Dr Kapon when she was at Progressive womens care.
I went to Dr Kapon a few years back when she was at Progressive Women's Care with Dr Canby. I got into the appointment in under 15 minutes... She seemed really nice and I am a critical type of person. I went for a yearly exam and a mammogram... yuck! lol Anyhow, I do not recall her having bad bed side manners??? But, I have not been to see her since she got her own practice... I was going to make an appointment but I will not now.. I cannot tolerate long wait times and rude front end personnel... I will be going to see Dr Canby... I think. Good luck to you Dr Kapon.... take some of the advice given on this site from your past patients... Your staff is very important to your success.

July 9th, 2013
I would stay clear...
This office is so disorganized, I had an appointment with my child and the nurse that took us back was carrying her child in one of those baby carriers. Is this legal?? I will not be going back to that office.