Dr. Michelle Luthringshausen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 14th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
After years of suffering with fibroids, an enlarged uterus, and endometriosis, I was referred to Dr. Luthringshausen by another OB Gyn. I am obese and the original doctor advised me that I was not a good candidate for surgery when it was decided that I needed a total hysterectomy. She took my case without batting an eye, explained everything in detail and took the time to listen to my questions. She performed my surgery using the DaVinci robot and I had surgery on a Wednesday and by Friday I didn't have to even take pain meds. By that Sunday I was able to walk over to my sister's house a mile away. I feel like a new person and Dr. Luthringshausen has given me y life back. I didn't realize how my quality of life was being diminished, and even right after surgery I still felt way better than before. I would recommend her to everyone who needs help.

June 9th, 2015
Excellent doctor!
Dr. Michelle is an AMAZING doctor and surgeon.....which is extremely hard to find! She has great bedside manner and is extremely skilled in/out of the operating room! I have been seeing her for the past 3 yrs and have had 2 surgeries with her. She is a very caring doctor that WILL find the cause of your pain and do everything in her power to treat it. I definitely trust her and would recommend her to my family/friends!

November 30th, 2014
LOVE HER!
She did my hyst with the DaVinci robot at Northwestrn. The reason I have always liked her is she took time during our appointment to listen to me AND help me. She explains everything in great detail. She cares. I have been completely lost without her with no luck in finding another Gyne I liked since she moved to California. I just found out she moved back here and I can not WAIT to make an appointment so she can help me with post menopausal issues that nobody else can help me with. I have all the faith in the world in her! As far as someone else saying she does not follow up, her nurse that lived in Northwest Indiana and took the train to work (peggy?) ALWAYS returned my messages, got scripts taken care of, etc. I wonder if this nurse is back with her in Arlington Heights now.

December 2nd, 2013
Very caring, excellent follow up
Dr. Luthringshausen handled my hysterectomy and complex endometriosis removal. She did this with the davinci robot. Unfortunately, I had complications after surgery. I would not attribute these to the robot or to Dr. L's surgical skills but instead the complexity of my surgery. I had five laparoscopies over the years and never really got much relief. I know I was a tough case and was in surgery for several hours. What impressed me the most is the follow up care I received. When I had a high temperature, severe pain and an odd substance coming from my vagina that soaked up a pad in 30 minutes, this woman leapt to action and made sure I got in for my tests that day at the hospital. I remember her actually holding my hand and reassuring me that she would not abandon me. That is huge when you are scared and in pain. Turned out her actions were spot on. I needed a drain to be placed immediately or I could have turned septic and died. That was done and I was admitted to the hospital for several days. Dr. L and one of her partners followed me very closely and I received excellent medical care even with the Thanksgiving holiday rapidly approaching. Both my mother and my husband are convinced that had it not been for Dr. L, I may have died. I'm definitely her patient for life. I don't think I or my kids can ever thank her enough.

November 14th, 2013
The Best Doctor!
I went to see Dr. Luthringshausen, for the first time about a month ago, she has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced from a doctor. I found out I may have to have surgery and was very concerned about it. We met to discuss my options and she was so understanding and explained all my options,(even drew me pictures so that I fully understood ) I walked into that appointment worried, but I left with a smile. I plan to be her patient forever!!!

July 16th, 2012
She is the best!!

March 4th, 2012
Dr. Luthringshausen is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. She is very caring and friendly and puts you at ease

February 5th, 2011
Dr. Luthringshausen is an absolutely wonderful doctor. She is very caring and extremely bright, energetic, and a great diagnostician. She is a great surgeon and with her, I never have to worry. The Northwestern Hospital practice she is a part of is top notch... but, over the last few years, it has become difficult to schedule appointments, get mamograms, etc. This has nothing to do with her; it is something with the practice and/or hospital or the big insurance companies. If you are looking for a great doctor, she is it. I heard she's moving to another practice which I'm sure will make it better to be able to get an appointment.

December 31st, 2010
Great gynecologist
Dr. Luthringshausen is so nice, caring and thorough. She explains everything she's going to do during exams (no surprises!) and always answers any and all questions and concerns. Such a wonderful doctor!

May 11th, 2010
By far my favorite gynecologist. I have had several due to living in different parts of the country. She has a great bedside manner, is thorough, knowledgeable, caring, pleasant, good care.

April 1st, 2010
not so caring
although she might be a fine surgeon, she is a bit full of herself and really not very caring. she kept talking about what she can do that other people don't know how to do, and expected me to be impressed. after my surgery she disappeared and acted like it is not important that she see me again.

March 6th, 2009
SHE'S TERRIFIC
I HAVE HAD A MYOMECTOMY AND THEN A HYSTERECTOMY. BOTH PROCEDURES WERE MINIMALLY INVASIVE. SHE IS A WONDERFUL CARING DOCTOR WHO IS VERY SMART AND A TALENTED SURGEON.