Dr. Michelle Magid Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michelle Magid?

Knows a lot. She really gets it.

Posted on May 15th, 2016

I've been struggling with severe depression for 7 years. I called several psychiatrists around town and they wouldn't see me because I was too "complicated." Dr. Magid saw me and helped me break my horrible cycle of depression. At the first appointment, she said, "I know how bad you feel. We're going to do everything we can to make you feel better. I'll do my best with my part and we'll walk you through your part" And then she got to working, explaining my illness for both an environmental and genetic perspective. And then we spoke about how both therapy and little changes to my life could help with one part and how different medications could help with my chemistry. I had to do a lot of work, but I wouldn't have had the strength and hope without Dr. Magid's caring, encouragement, and medical expertise.

Posted on March 16th, 2013

I don't think I could have been in a darker place. Dr. Magid and Vance Tilton (her head nurse) saved my life. And never did I feel embarrassed or ashamed for seeing a psychiatrist.

Posted on October 29th, 2012

She's great! Compassionate and intelligent.

Great doctor

Posted on April 23rd, 2012

She is very easy to talk to. She will not judge you, but rather, she will join you through your journey of life. She will laugh with your joy and sympathize with your struggles. But most of all, she understands that everybody is unique, that we all have good and bad within us, and that we are wonderfully human.

Posted on December 5th, 2011

I've been seeing her now for 3 years. She is professional and warm. She communicates like a real person, instead of using doctor jargon. She'll take the time to get to know you and understand your individual needs. It is hard to get an initial appointment with her (I don't know if she is accepting new patients), but once you are a patient of hers, you will feel safe and confident in the care you receive.

Posted on October 3rd, 2010

Dr. Magid is both kind and knowledgeable. She's up to date on everything current in psychiatry. She took amazing care of my mother and was conscientous about keeping other providers in the loop. It's worth the wait, if you can get in to see her.

Posted on July 19th, 2017