Dr. Michelle Orr MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

February 9th, 2017
I didn't find her to have the best bedside manner. I actually cried on my way out because I felt like a total crazy person after I left. She looked at my blood test result from referring doctor and diagnosed me but didn't feel the need to run any further test or educated me on the diagnoses. I was left to my own research to figure it out. She wasn't interested in listening to me explain how I felt, seemed like she knew it all.

February 5th, 2017
Not a very respectable dr
She is not a nice woman. She was very rude to me and my daughter. She also used some inappropriate language with my daughter while telling her that she is a a good support person. I would not recommend her to anyone as she is very degrading to her patients. Her bedside manner is out of control and very rude.

October 21st, 2016
She is a total smartass.
She is not worth worth my time to comment.

September 18th, 2016
I wouldn't take my dog to this idiot......

June 21st, 2016
Awesome visit!
Very courteous staff! Awesome bedside manner, very helpful, listened, very patient, explained everything she was doing! Love Dr. Orr will definitely stay with her.

December 28th, 2015
AVOID HER
One of the most unhelpful offensive doctors I've ever experienced. Dismissive about all my symptoms that I went to seek help for from my previously diagnosed autoimmune disease. Dismissive of my fatigue when I asked if there was anything I could do to counter act it and she told me I probably had depression although "you don't look like someone who has depression" direct quote.

September 30th, 2015
Very one sided. This has been the worst dr. I've ever been too and I got no information back on what I should do. If you're opened minded don't go to her. She doesn't care about how you actually feel she only cares on what she thinks and believes. I needed her help when I was at my worst and I got nothing.

July 9th, 2015
Find someone else
Dr. Or treated me for hypothyroidism. She found a nodule on my thyroid gland and after an indeterminate fna recommended a total thyroidectomy. Afterwards, I felt horrible- like the worst flu of my life, only on a daily basis. She would not see me until I was 6 weeks out after my surgery, and when I brought my concerns up with her she just poo-pooed me. Every time I saw her she would relate all my physical symptoms to my weight (even when I expressed to her that I did not feel this way prior to the surgery, at the same weight). There was also a huge lack of follow up from the office- two visits in a row I had no follow up in response to the medication adjustments they made. I only learned of these after my pharmacy called to tell me my new script was ready. I would have to call them and wait for a response regarding these changes, which included changes to my OTC meds so I had no clue what I was supposed to be taking when. I expressed my concerns with Dr. Orr after the second incident (after complaining to her nurse the first time) she brushed off my concerns again. 7 months out from my surgery and I still don't feel like myself. I've just started with a new endocrinologist and I'm already so much happier. He actually listened to me and is working with me to come up with a new treatment plan. Long story short, if you have an endocrine disese that just needs occasional blood work and minor medication tweaks, Dr. Orr would probably be ok. If you are new to your disease and need a treatment plan developed and want a Dr. who's going to address both your number and physical symptoms when creating one, look elsewhere. Also, I have since discovered that it is not common practice to do a total thyroidectomy on an inconclusive thyroid nodules (since it's most commonly NOT cancer they typically remove the affected line); and my vitamin D levels are very low, which was not addressed by Dr. Orr at all.

April 22nd, 2014
i still am upset ten years later!!
I have always been doctor shy, i went in ther very sick and nervous. I was treated for Graves diease which has now flared up after ten years which is no fault of the doctor but what do i do i cant go back to her..she was very rude uncaring and i waited many times for over an hour for her to show up.A complete night mare.

February 10th, 2014
Awful--just awful!
If you are looking for a doctor that will spend time with you to explain your ailment, the options available, and the side effects of these options--DO NOT GO TO HER! She was rude, hateful, would not answer questions or talk about concerns or side effects. As a matter of fact, I think if she could have just sent me for treatment and not have to deal with me--and just collect my insurance money--she would have been much happier. I received no information about the side effects of the infusion I was to receive. I was not given the opportunity to ask ANY questions as to what they were, or the difference in other options available. She does NOT want to spend time with her patients. She DOES NOT want to answer questions. I received more information about the medicine and possible side effects from the hospital staff, and they were surprised that I did not already know that information. The appointment times and promptness were ok, the staff was ok. She did not DO the diagnosis, nor did she have or order blood test results prior to just sending me for the infusion. If you are concerned and have questions, and need someone to spend time to explain everything to you--go to someone else. She is NOT the doctor for you.

August 1st, 2013
Rude!!!!!!!!!!
Found out that I have Gestational Diabetes and have been trying to control it with oral meds. seeing her for the first time she called me a liar in front of my autistic son, told me to stop bathing my baby in Kool-Aid which I haven't had since I was 5, told me no one ever died from saying no to a candy bar, don't have those either. I explained that I do keep a food diary and her response was what aren't you writing down as if I want to harm my baby, told my autistic son he was too small for his age, as if he was part of the appointment, and told me she felt sorry for my baby bc his name was a mouth full as if that has any barring on my gestational diabetes. This is not a dr who is in great physical shape or health herself and yet she treats people as if they are trying to cause the death of their unborn children.....my gd is due to the fact I have PCOS and its a miracle I have even come this far without loosing my baby.......so assuming that Im trying to harm my baby on purpose is just uneducated and wrong.....the great thing is I never have to see her again. If you can go to St. Luke's instead.

February 28th, 2013
I could not be more happy with the doctor I have chosen. She has very friendly office staff and Dr. Orr knows what she is talking about. I have been with her for several years and I will not be changing soon.