Dr. Michelle Paulsen DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 8th, 2016
Beware office manager
Ok enough Dr. with small wait times. Professional and thorough as you would expect. Some kind of weird atmosphere there. Office manager must be a relative because she could not keep the job otherwise. Will nickel and dime you to distraction. Overall, I'd steer clear and find another office.

August 9th, 2016
Made an appointment with Dr. Paulsen. Had to cancel due to starting a new job. Called the office to cancel. The receptionist was quite rude and when I asked if I could reschedule she told me only with the Dr.'s approval. My daughter who is a patient called the office to inquire why they had been so rude. The office staff told my daughter that they were going to allow me to schedule another appointment and someone would text me from the office. Well that never happened. I called back to reschedule and was told that the Dr was not going to see me and I wasn't allowed to reschedule. My daughter again called to find out again why the rude behavior?. They told my daughter that I had cancelled an appointment and was a no show to another one? Now ask yourself how that could have happened? I only made one appointment and I cancelled that. I was told I couldn't make another appointment until the Doctor approved it? But I was a NO SHOW??? I never made another appointment to even come close to being a NO SHOW. That is how immoral and unethical her Office staff is. and she doesn't even care about fixing the situation. Just rude and totally unprofessional. BEWARE!!! Her staff is a nightmare!! If that is anywhere close to the type of Doctor she is, well I was done a FAVOR!!!! BAD BAD experience.

May 4th, 2016
All about the money. Beware lots of hidden charges. Not a happy place and the office manager is defensive, rude and unprofessional.

April 21st, 2016
Very disappointed. She is great at taking your co-pay and referring you to other doctors. Definitely not a good physician if you have any concerns. she will listen, but then tell you she cannot help you and send you elsewhere so you can pay even more money.

June 16th, 2015
WORST. BEDSIDE MANNER. EVER!!!!
While Dr. Paulsen was accurate in her suspicions and subsequent diagnosis of my father's cancer as well as an urgent nudge to go to the ER for another issue, she and her staff are so unfriendlly and unhelpful. I agree with so many other reviews about the excessive repeat appointments the office make you have in order to receive any medical advice. My father ran out of a prescription that she knows he needs for maintenance. When the pharmacy called, the office refused to refill and told him he needed to be seen in order to get the prescription refilled. When we finally went to see her and I complained about it, she advised that she isn't responsible for writing that prescription since he was under the care of a specialist. When I disagreed with her, she suggested we find another doctor. We agreed that I would start looking. The next day, he was admitted to the hospital. When he got out and tried to follow up with her, her staff informed him that she is no longer his primary care provider, and he needed to find someone else. Didn't she sign the Hippocratic Oath to uphold certain ethical standards? What ethical standards was she upholding when she refused to see him after being discharged from the hospital? I am beyond disbelief at this last act by this practice. Why did she call personally to check up on him when he was in the hospital, only to turn him away the day after discharge? Hipocrite is all I can say!!!

January 14th, 2015
Gave 2 years and received nothing in return
I've been seeing Dr. Paulsen for a few years and it seems that she is more concerned about setting up as many individual appointments as possible and/or pushing off evaluating existing conditions to other appointments. This is so the business can charge you yet another copay and bill your insurance as many times as possible. I have been extremely patient and understanding but I feel like enough is enough. I have been given the run around about why I have to wait until another appointment to address/deal with certain conditions. Almost every single appointment that I have been to has been rushed. Dr. Paulsen seems to be more interested in getting onto the next patient rather than focusing on the patient she has now. Most of my appointments are over within 10 mins....I mean I spend four times that amount of time waiting in main office and waiting in the exam rooms. It's unbelievable. I am in no way wishing for her to spend a ridiculous amount of time with me, and I completely understand that she has other patients, but I am a patient too. A patient that took time off of work and set up an appointment to be seen....not merely rushed out. On top of being "rushed out" of appointments, I have either been insulted by Dr. Paulsen for not "manning" up when it came to surgical procedures or having her not believe me about a condition I did not have. It took her almost a year and several appointments to finally agree with what I had been trying to explain to her the entire time. Time that I feel was wasted and unnecessary appointments scheduled but obviously not in her eyes, because those were visits that she was able to bill to my insurance and I paid copays for. The bottom line is that I understand doctors are busy and have tons of patients to see, but it doesn't do anyone any good if you can't properly focus on the one patient you have in the room at that one time. When a doctor's focus is "the next patient" or when a doctor doesn't care to really listen to their patient or insults them.....then no one wins. Patients will not get the proper care and will leave and that will be one less insurance policy that can be billed for a visit. I've learned my lesson and now I will be another patient that will no longer be seeing Dr. Paulsen.

January 8th, 2015
All about the $$$$
What you need to know before you select this doctor: You will be charged an additional $2 to use a credit/debit card to pay your co pay You will be charged a co pay to have lab work done without seeing the doctor You will be charged $10 for pharmacy prescription approvals If you are waiting in a room for a long period of time no one will come and give you an update or an apologize My insurance company was billed for services not rendered The office manager is extremely defensive and unwilling to solve problems. Dr Paulsen is okay as a doctor. The other doctor in the practice is Dr. Paulsen's father, the office manager is her sister. Overall not a friendly place. I'm happy I made the decision to move on. I love my new doctor.

December 16th, 2014
This Doctor told me I had a heart attack and gave me pills for high blood pressure.I went home told my girlfriend who told me to move out. I was homeless for 2 months .Now I'm back on my feet I called to set up a appointment because I am out of my blood pressure pills.I was told the Doctor has dropped me and would not renew my prescription.Why ?Because I didn't reply to a letter she sent me because I had no address .So thanks Dr. Michelle M. Paulsen I now have Untreated high blood pressure until I can find a new Dr. One week before Christmas

October 4th, 2013
I had the worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional at this office. I did not realize that I had a past-due balance. I moved and did not think to call and make all of my medical care providers aware of the new address so I had not received a bill. (though all of my other mail was forwarded successfully) This office charges a $2 fee if you use a debit/credit card so I always bring cash. I had enough for my co-pay but was $5 short of the $31 outstanding balance. The receptionist checked with the office manager and told me I could not be seen until the debt was paid in full. My first reaction was to leave without being seen. I changed my mind because I wanted the doctor to be aware of this situation. I paid the remaining $5, along with a $2 fee, with my debit card only to be treated just as rudely by Dr. Paulsen. I had not been to see her in a year or so - I have recently been treated for thyroid cancer and was over spending ao much time at doctor appointments. I received a lecture about how we really had no relationship and she felt she had to reel me in to see her. I thought doctors were there to treat you when you are ill?? Maybe I'm wrong but I felt as though I was being punished for visiting an Urgent Care facility for some minor issues I had in the past year. I left the office feeling as though the $31 fee for a missed appointment was more important than my current medical needs. I referred several friends to this office and made calls to them as soon as I left. I want a doctor who will be there when I need them and treat me with the care and respect that I feel I deserve as a patient. I will never returen to this office and will tell as many people as possible about my experience.

October 24th, 2012
Beware of hidden charges
Be careful, this family practice has some unusual financial practices. If you use a credit card to pay your co-pay they will charge you an additional fee of $2.00. As a business owner myself I find this unacceptable to pass this fee to the consumer, it's a business cost for the business to pay. If you misplace, lose, or can't find a written prescription and your pharmacy has to call the doctor for their approval you can expect to pay an additional charge of $10.00 for this service. The reason they give is that it takes the doctor time to approve the request. Well what about the time I (we) spend waiting in the little private room for the doctor. I don't charge Dr. Paulsen for my wait time which has been as long as an half an hour to a full hour without anyone coming in to update me on the wait. Yet I'm charged for the time it takes to okay a script. Is her time more important than my time? This is the first and only time that I have misplaced a script. I have been a patient for 1 year and have an appointment every 2-3 months. I have been a good patient, listening to her advice, taking my meds, and paying my bills on time. Dr. Paulsen is a good doctor that I liked enough to refer her to family and friends but as of today I must fire her as my doctor. Something is not right at this business; they seem overly interested in finding unique and unheard of ways to get money from their patients. My doctor friends were shocked and confirmed that they have never heard of either of these practices. It's sad that some doctors are more interested in money than helping their patients. Also, the office manager that resides in a glass box off of the check in/check out area is close minded, unprofessional and basically talks without saying anything. She needs to stay in her glass box and not speak. So beware as I don't want any other consumers to be taken advantage of. If you feel you are being wrongly charged for services don't be afraid to speak out, we do not have to put up with this kind of treatment.

February 22nd, 2012
Wonderful Doctor!!!
She is really an amazing doctor. She spends time with you and talks to you to come up with a plan of attack. She cares about you as a person. When I had cancelled a follow up appointment she called me to reschedule it. I have never felt as at ease around a Doctor as I do around her.

May 20th, 2011
This Doctor is very professional and thorough. I'd recommend her to anyone. She takes the time to listen and is gentle and respectful.