Dr. Michelle Rivera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 18th, 2015
I visited Dr. Rivera for an annual skin cancer exam. She does the most thorough exam I've ever had, over 100% of my body, which is exactly what everyone should get. Both she and her staff were kind, respectful, and professional and made me feel as comfortable as possible. She answered all of my questions and provided very helpful additional information. I would recommend her to anyone.

September 23rd, 2012
Thorough check ups
Dr. Rivera gives a thorough annual skin checkup. She is also excellent at educating her patients as to how to care for their skin and what to look for between visits.

July 20th, 2011
Felt very rushed after a long wait.

January 31st, 2011
Dr. Rivera is wonderful. She always tries to suggest suitable treatment options not the ones most profitable to her. She is caring and kind.

December 22nd, 2010
She left before I was done!!
I didn't experience the rudeness described by others (atleast not from the nurses), but then again I was in a room waiting alone for a LONG TIME!! I felt rushed through the whole visit. The Dr. gave her diagnosis and let the nurses overload me with information and instructions. They did write down the info, which was the only plus. I could hardly get a word in and when I did it was like they had to work at something for once. It was frustrating to hear instructions from the nurses for a few minutes and Dr. Rivera would follow up with, "No, you don't need to do that, do this..." Then why isn't she the one explaining things to me?? The Dr. left the room before I was finished and when the nurses told her I wasn't done, she said she had to go see another patient first...RUDE! I waited 35 to 45 minutes for her to return and felt even more rushed, so much that I forgot to go over one last thing, but I'd rather go somewhere else.

October 8th, 2010
never see this doctor
Staff rude and obnoxios!Bills patiens several times for the same visitIf you have the appointment at 11:00 o'clock be there at 8:00 or elarlier to actually get in there around 3:00 o'clockAbsolutelly the worst exeprenince!

July 26th, 2010
Improved Experience
Short version: Dr. Rivera is a rock solid clinician whose office staff attitude and waiting times have improvedMy experience the first two visits were exactly as described by others: Rude office staff; waited 90 minutes for an "emergency"; placed in a room for 30 minutes waiting for the initial evaluation; and a rushed visit in which I wasn't allowed to contribute to the visit until the very end. Since then, the rude office workers are gone, the wait time went from 90 to 30 minutes (still too long), staff informed me of the approximate wait time and Dr. Rivera's "bedside manner" improved markedly, with me being allowed to express health concerns throughout the visit. If this pattern of improvement continues, I'll stay with her (she's clinically one of the best in the city per this year's "Washingtonian" and her peers think highly of her) and recommend her to others as well.

March 1st, 2010
Terrible from beginning to end
My experience was similar to the previous reviewer's. Dr. Rivera's desk staff is appallingly rude--both on the phone and in person. (The nurses are nice, though.) I waited 1.5 hours to see the doctor, was rushed through the appointment, didn't get my test results when promised, etc.--all the while dealing with the rudest desk staff I've probably ever encountered.I have many follow-up questions and need additional treatment for my skin problem, but I've made an appointment with a new doctor. Fingers crossed this one will be more concerned with his patients' comfort and needs.