inactive

Michelle D Welch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

May 31st, 2016
I have been a patient for a long time..all of a sudden I can't get anyone to answer or return my calls . I have gone by the bussiness, cars are there but door locked and no one will answer the door. I loved her..she was a great Dr. But feel of she cares about her patients we would have received an email or call as to what is going on.

March 30th, 2016
30 minutes early she got to me 2hours after my appointment.

January 11th, 2016
Horrible experience is an understatement!!! Lack of concern and care for patient issues. Terrible bedside manner, both dr. and nurse. More concerned with typing than taking care of medical issues. Could care less about explaining anything. Checkout staff appear miserable and are rude. Definitely not what I expected and no patient deserves to be treated the way that I was. I let them know about my concerns with how they do business and told them I didn't want to come back if this is how they care for patients. They said ok. No eye contact. No compassion. No let's work this out. Zero anything. Like talking to a robot.

December 3rd, 2015
Every appointment is over an hour wait. Always overbooked.

November 11th, 2015
Ridiculous
Horrible... Needs better scheduling staff or she needs better time management. There are more specialist than her and now off to see a new doctor. Thanks for wasting my time.

November 2nd, 2015
If you can ever actually see Dr. Welch, she is proficient and caring. The problem is you may expect to see her and instead see a nurse practitioner. That's OK but I want to know who I'm seeing before I go. Also, at this time, I have had an appt. cancelled 4 times. Today my appt was at 10:30 and it was cancelled at 9:30. I will find another Doctor who doesn't have so many personal problems that interrupt her practice..

July 9th, 2015
Slack nurses
I was seeing dr g she is no longer at the practice i seen dr welch loved her..Only problem i had was rxs was to be called in on that mon when i had my appt by tues i still had not been called in. i made 4 calls on tues to the ofc i got one call back right at closing my phone did not ring so i missed the call..Called back the next day twice still no call back..Called back on thurs a guy that answered the phone said they called it into my pharm so i called walgreens again she said insurance was saying it was to early to be filled that i filled it on mon..So i spent half a day calling around town to find out where they called the rxs into finaly found it at walmart ..So as of thurs night still never got a call from the nurse..They made a mistake called it into the wrong pharm so instead of just saying that they just avoid you..I should not had to call all these pharm to find out where they called the meds in to..I guess they found out they made the mistake and called it in to walgreens which could not fill it because of the mistake done with my rant..

June 9th, 2015
Took forever
Took forever

June 8th, 2015
Terrible Doctor
I first saw Dr. Welch when I was in high school, right around when she first opened her practice in 2005-2006. I was referred to her for severe cystic acne primarily on my face. I was prescribed expensive name brand antibiotics and topicals that cost my parents $100s of dollars a month. The wait times back then were terrible, on average an hour after appointment time. I then had a mole removed by Dr. Welch with no problems. I was then scheduled to have two more removed. When I arrived to have the other two removed, her Physician's Assistant at the time, Michele Evans, removed the two moles and I noticed she was cutting a lot more then the first one I had. Fast forward two months, the "removed" moles didn't heal and hurt every day. I returned and Dr. Welch said I now needed a SURGEON to remove more. She also told me she was turning my FUTURE care over to the PA since my case was so important, So now I had to go to Southern Surgical to have two long scars and a surgery on my back at 19, because she let her idiot PA do her job for her and didn't do it herself. And then the audacity to turn my care over to her butcher PA?!?! Great care Dr. Welch! I now go to Columbia Skin Clinic and have been for almost eight years where only physicians do such procedures. I will always have Dr. Welch and her "brilliant" PA Michelle Evans to thank for these disfiguring back scars!

May 21st, 2015
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, WORST EVER WITH ANY DOCTOR IN MY LIFE
6 weeks to visit, sat for 2 hours in office for dr. to come in. then she was in room at most 6 minutes. then failed to call in medication. once they did next day it was same medicine I have been taking for 6 months with no results. then nurse insisted what we heard, my wife and I both in room, was not what the doctor told us. she said she would order a stronger medicine but it was same thing I have already taken. nurse was all but rude and did not call me a liar but close to it. I will NEVER return to her and will NEVER recommend her. since then I researched her and have found quite a few people locally who told me DONT go to her. She had about as much bed side manor as a stray cat. She spent more time trying to figure out if she had met my wife before than looking at my rash. When I turned around to put on my shirt she had already walked out the door and I never got to ask any questions. they promised some literature for my condition then we were rushed out check out with nothing in hand at all. A very unproffesioanal staff and very poor follow up.

October 20th, 2014
Mrs.
I have been a patient of Dr. Welch since she came to Lexington. I was very pleased with her services. However, after she moved in the new building, my first visit there was a TV presentation in the waiting room which indicated she was hospitalized. I was seen by an older gentlemen that day and he seemed to have no clue why I was there. Was there because Dr. Welch told me to come back in so many months. Next time I went back, I saw the same doctor with no explanation as to the whereabouts of Dr. Welch. When I paid the next appt. I was asked if I would mind seeing the NP and I agreed. Today, I again saw the NP. There was a sign at check-in indicating the NP was in the office today and if anyone objected to seeing the NP, they could reschedule. When checking out I overheard receptionist explain that Dr. Welch had a family emergency and had to leave the office. I did not receive a phone call or text indicating that Dr. Welch would not be available today and apparently the others did not either. This is the fourth visit that I have not seen her nor was I ever notified she would not be in the office. Something fishy is going on and I'm looking for a new dermatologist.

November 14th, 2013
Great Dr
I truly am appreciative of the care and concern I received at my dermatology visit with Dr Welch. Great staff and nice facility. Compassionate and kind. Thorough exam and explanation of my diagnosis and treatment. Thank you. I would recommend Dr welch to my friends and family