Ophthalmologist (eyes)
923 9th St
Ste B
Alamogordo, NM 88310
575-437-9900
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  I wouldn't recommend this doctor to an enemy  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

I went to this doctor on the last day of September last year. She told me if she did surgery, there was a 30% chance of blinding me. She told me my vision was so bad she couldn't correct it enough with glasses to be worth itNow 5 months later, after seeing another doctor, I have glasses that improve my vision to almost 20-25 even though my vision is worse than when I saw Dr Yang. My life has been severly affected by poor vision since my visit with Doctor Yang.Other doctors say the probability of my loss of vision from surgery is under 10% so why is it 30% with this doctor?I feel very angry with this doctor because of what I have gone through the last 5 months because she doesn't seem to be competent. I am so glad she did not touch my eyes with a knife and I feel she should not be practicing medicine.She overloads her days when she see patients so her waiting room is full and she does not care that patients have other things to do than sit in her waiting room wait on her. She lets her tech take readings on vision and they seem to not know what they are doing or I would have had new glasses long ago.

|  Terrible Office Staff  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

Not only did I wait an hour and a half to be seen for my scheduled appointment, but the office staff messed up my insurance claim and then refused to resubmit the claim. Staff is very rude and insists that it is not their responsibility to submit claims again, when they submitted it wrong in the first place. Dr Yang herself was fine but the office staff makes this doctor's office a poor choice among others in Alamogordo.

|  Unsatisfied  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

My wife took the Prescription given by Dr. Yang and ordered glasses from a local optical store. The glasses blurred her vision and gave her headaches. She returned the glasses several times to the optical store and complained. She was charged for a re-exam by Dr. Yang and given another prescription, different than the previous prescription. We decided to go to another Optometrist and obtained a very different prescription; the optical store replaced my wife's lenses, for free, using the new prescription.Bottom line: Two exams charged by Dr. yang, two prescriptions, and never admitted she made a mistake. Our insurance would not pay for third exam by a different Optometrist because of the number of exams in a short period. At least my wife has usable glasses. Thanks for nothing Dr. Yang