Dr. Michelle Zhong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

October 9th, 2015
Do not go see this dr for pain management.
I have a question before writing my review though... why is it when a chronic pain patient writes they had a negative experience with a pain dr , right away you get some ignorant jer who has to go with the " they didn't get the drugs they wanted comment". I'm sorry but this is a very real and painful way for someone to live life. If your so wonderful then hopefully you never have to live with severe bouts of pain day in and day out. If you know nothing about chronic pain then keep your mouth shut. I'm a chronic pain patient and I have been seeing this dr for the last 2 years. Everything negative I have read in these reviews has been true. She has no thought or consideration for the patient. She has been tapering her patients lately and giving no reason as to why. When I started seeing her she immediately cut my meds in half , not caring that an adjustment that big was going to put me into withdrawal symptoms, she didn't read my records because she has her own agenda. I have to fight to listen to her as she continually repeats herself and doesn't let you get a word in edgewise. The one time I questioned her about my pain management plan and offered a suggestion she went off and started yelling at me. How professional is that? I have NEVER been treated with so much disdain. She never is on time and money wise you must pay through the nose when it's time for drug testing. I for one month couldn't pay for my appointment, the next month I paid it off and she insisted I still owed her 25 dollars. She will prescribe oxycodone but only at what she feels comfortable with. She does not have any regard for if your pain spirals out of control nor can you get the office on the phone ever. They say if your pain is worse to go to the ER . When you tell them you had to do that she asks all kinds of questions and makes it seem you were trying to get more medication. She doesn't want to listen to anything you have to say. Please I implore you to NOT go to this woman if you need serious pain management care. She also treats her office staff rudely. They are great girls. There are alot of great pain management Dr's in Seattle, might be a bit more travel time but at least you will be treated well and listened to. I can only say she must have woke up one day and said " hmm pain management must be a lucrative business, think I will try it".

November 10th, 2014
Patient
Initially I thought I could deal with this doctor, but each time I went I had a different experience --all negative I must say. She talks too much often repeating herself. She gives lectures on several topics and is very condescending! And if you aren't as skinny as her frail of a rail tail, she will definitely call you fat. She did not listen and definitely talks at her patients. She doesn't recall much from the previous visit and seems to often doubt what her patients say. She was initially very rude but I am one to call someone out which sort of changed our dynamics. She was willing to prescribe although there are certain medications she is very much against i.e Oxycodone Xanax. No cigarettes or marijuana because she ain't going to have that! She was late to the office every single time or my appointment was changed to a different time. She also lectures about the same thing every appointment. She's not understanding about finance issues. You better have the money or you won't be seen!!! She's rude to her staff and they are actually very sweet girls. All in all she wasn't that bad I guess. If you can handle all of the above. I did for a five-year span....??

August 16th, 2012
All in all, I cannot stress enough that she is extremely condescending, does not look outside of her bubble, and is unwilling to believe the patient OR the patients documented history in place of her opinions. She is rude, harsh, and does not listen. There is NO communication between patient and doctor; it is a talk at, not to situation. She does not care what your personal experiences are, nor how well you know your body. She has no care or concern for the patient, whether it is their emotional state, physical state, or financial state. She IS willing to prescribe medication, but will not take into account how you react to or have reacted to previous medications. She talks too fast, mumbles, and condescends at every turn. She is repetitive when given an answer that she does not like, and either wont or cant absorb what is being said. She will not even TRY to compromise or work with you. I would never recommend her to a stranger, let alone anyone I know. Shes simply too arrogant and stuck in her ways.

October 22nd, 2011
I have never encountered a Physcian so unprofessional, judgmental and unempathetic towards my medical needs. I seriousely question why she chose to be a doctor.

May 7th, 2011
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
My mother has bad pain for many years. She was given strong pain pills and they made her dizzy, nausea and passing out. She was in a lot of pain and was very depressed that she couldn't do much with her pain. She has started to see Dr. Zhong who has helped her. My mother is doing so well and we are all very happy!

March 14th, 2011
Looks like the "horrible" comment just wanted some drug refills and really didn't want to get better. Dr. Zhong is a thinker and caretaker...she has alot to think about when going through the diagnostic process. I had a terrific response from her and now am off medications.

December 8th, 2010
HORRIBLE.
DONT BOTHER GOING, SHE IS RUDE AND MAKES YOU WAIT. SHE HAS NO COMPASSION. FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. SHE DOES NOT REFILL ANY MEDS WITHOUT GOING OUT OF HER WAY TO MAKE YOU COME IN FOR AN APPOINTMENT.