Dr. Mickey Hooper DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Fort Worth, TX

3.8

September 11th, 2015
I was so nervous when I had to have a c-section and Dr. Hooper was so sweet and help calm me down. She prayed with me and talked me through the whole time. She has always been so sweet and helpful.

July 15th, 2015
Horrible wait times average experience.
My wife was a patient of Dr. Hooper for 4 months. Second Pregnancy, first time as a patient of Dr. Hooper. She is now looking for a new provider for several reasons. 1. Front office staff. They are not helpful, borderline rude. When trying to call they put you on hold for lengthy periods of time and in the waiting room they do not provide any wait times or information. Both times I was with my wife we were there for 30+ minutes before seeing the Doctor. During her last visit she waited for an hour before leaving. And was told that she only had two people in front of her. 0 Stars 2. Sonogram/Ultrasound. The Technician performing this service was great and I can't recall her name. She was as helpful as she could be and very nice. Even after 17 years of experience she treated us with a smile and lots of encouragement and didn't seem dull to the process. 5+ Stars 3. Dr. Hooper. Decent bed side manner and greeted us professionally. Not a person that I would want my wife to go back to though. 2.5 stars Overall my experience was not that pleasant. I thought about calling the office but didn't want to wait for hours on the phone or for a call back that most likely wouldn't happen. Especially since I'm not the patient. I hope this is helpful to anyone out there looking.

April 10th, 2015
Never met the Dr herself. My daughter is seeing her for her 1st baby!!! Although, I have seen and dealt with her staff!!! Unorganized, arrogant, inept, obnoxious and the rudest bunch of the rudest idiots ever!!! This is the first and last baby this dr will deliver for anyone in my family!! If we NEVER have to deal with the staff again, it would be to soon! The horrible staff gives the dr a bad reputation. But then again, the dr should control their staff or get rid of them!!!! Can't wait for baby to be born and never go back there again!!!!! I'm calling medical board of directors and reporting things that have been said and done!! Maybe with a visit from DADS, this office might get it together!!!!

March 25th, 2015
Awesome experience
Dr . Hooper is awesome she took very good care of me delivered my daughter 11 years ago. I almost lost her and thanks to Dr . Hooper I have my princess. I have referred several people and will continue to do so! Super excited that she will be caring for my daughter in law and will be delivering my new grand baby ! !

May 6th, 2013
Staff are rude, unorganized, and do not care!
I used Dr. Hooper with my first pregnancy in 2009. I had a few cases of where the staff were rude and unorganized. But, for the most part, I just gave them the benefit of the dougbt and moved on because Dr. Hooper, herself had always been so nice and relatable. After delieving my daughter, things went from okay to bad. I ended up with an emergancy and contacted her office on several occasions explaining my symtoms and my concerns. Everytime, I had a nurse or M.A act like it was nothing, not listen, and would never talk to Dr. Hooper. I ended up in the hospital with severe bleeding. Afterwards, with the hospital behind me, they wouldn't even see me or take me seriously. At that point, I was so frustrated and disappointment in how I had been treated - I had almost died - that I said I would never go back. However, I gave it time and decided to give Dr. Hooper a 2nd chance, since she was nice and I thought maybe her staff would change. They didn't. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I should have never went back to her. I was treated with no respect, it took 10 nurses to take my blood, they didn't weigh me on a medical scale and told me at 5 weeks pregnant I could take Tylenol cold and flu!? Which was NOT right. They scheduled my appointment wrong, lied about calling me back and waited a lifetime to be seen. They called me to come in early at 2:00 because they didn't have any patients and it would "help them out" and I agreed. Disaster! I waited in the waiting room from 2-2:45 and then after asking I was put in room to wait another HOUR and see Dr. Hooper at 3:45. I talked to Dr. Hooper about my concerns, in which she laughed and said she should just "fire her staff". From there she went on to tell my daughter had LICE!!? I couldn't believe it. She did NOT have lice and they were wrong, once again. I requested my medical records to be sent to a new doctor and was RUDELY confronted by the medical office staff, who argued they could not release my information because I had not had blood work - wrong again. Do not use Dr. Hooper, he staff are horrible and they cannot be trusted!! I feel horrible because Dr. Hooper is a good doctor - but her office is awful! I just want to warm others about her office and staff. It was just too much adding up over the past 3 years.

May 5th, 2013
Love Dr.Hooper
Dr.Hooper is a great doctor. She always listened to my concerns about my pregnancy without making me feel rushed. She always made me feel comfortable. I always knew that she really cared about the safety of my baby and me and did everything accordingly. I am thankful that I was able to find such a great doctor. My son will be nine year old in July, and is healthy and happy. I know that Dr. Hooper has a lot to do with that.

March 19th, 2012
Doctor and Staff is INCOMPETENT
I am seeing Dr. Hooper and also a high risk doctor because of my condition. The waiting time is terrible usually over an hour wait in the waiting room then more waiting when get to the patient room. Dr. Hooper when she comes into the paient room she must never check your chart to see for sure who you are and what is going on with you and your pregnancy. She ask you questions why did you have certain test done and even why I am seeing a high risk doctor that she the one that made the appointment. They MUST NEVER put any information in your charts or file cause they never can find any reason for the test they arrange for you to have done or how many weeks you are.It is so bad there someone needs to turn the doctor and staff into the board. You don't have the secure feeling from the doctor like everythng is going to be alright. Your afraid Dr. Hooper will not look at your chart before hand when its time for delivery. So I am going to ask my high risk doctor and see if she can't become my GYN and only see her and forget about Dr. Hooper. I just so afraid when it comes to delivery Dr. Hooper will not take my delivery serious because of her lack of care she shows in the office the doctor comes in and out so fast I felt like she has never been in the room. The only words I can think of when I think of Dr. Hoopyer is Incompetent

August 4th, 2011
Rude and Unorganized
I would never ever refer her to anyone! During my pregnancy it took over two months for them to review my abnormal pap with me and then they forgot they scheduled my biopsy. When asked questions she would give a response as I don't know. She has no bedside manners and does not listen to my concerns. I am changing doctors. And would never refer her.

August 1st, 2011
Dr. Hooper was nice enough; however, the wait time that I experienced in her office was awful. I changed doctors when I become pregnant with our 3rd daughter (my previous was too far away). During my pregnancy I had long waits at both offices. The Keller office is much quicker. I had 2 appointments at the downtown offices where I waited over an hour past my appointment time. The staff was indifferent and often gave me differnet information about my bills. I ended up overpaying and recieving a refund. Since I liked Dr. Hooper and I don't intend on having more children I decided to continue seeing her for my annual exams. I just called and she is booked out for 3 months and they can't guarentee I won't have to wait for a couple of hours when I get there. No thanks I will be changing doctors.

June 20th, 2011
Terrible Staff
Although Dr. Hooper may be a competent doctor, her staff is horrible. You have to wait for over 10 minutes just to book an appointment over the phone, then you have to wait months to get in. Once you're there, the wait can be well over an hour and her front desk staff is rude and snotty. She's often backed up so while she does spend time with you, you can easily tell she's in a hurry to be somewhere else.

May 2nd, 2011
I chose Dr Hooper as a referral and since then I have referred quite a few people to her. She was very outstanding in dealing with my preganancy. Her staff stayed on top of things with returning phone calls. If I have another child (which I am not planning on anytime soon) I would be under the care of Dr Hooper and her staff.

February 8th, 2011
Pick this Doc bc she is affiliated with a great hospital!
Dr. Hooper is kind and considerate. Her nurses are great. The office is average. BUT the hospital they are affiliated with, Baylor All Saints, is phenomenal. If you have relatively easy pregnancies and deliveries.. the doctor really only catches the baby (if that). The hospital and its staff are what matter to me.... and the Paul and Judy Andrews Women's Hospital at Baylor All Saints is excellent. Everything is private!