Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Pain Management Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patients are not a priority.... show details Patients are not a priority....
by Debbie Genn on Mar 2nd, 2016

I never felt that he really wanted to actually help me and fight my insurance for the procedures that I needed at the time. The last time that I went to see him, I had called and talked to Sonya in the office and she had worked me in for an appt since he would be going out of town and I was in pain. Well, come the day of my appt, I show up and low and behold, she had "forgot" to add me to the schedule. That was very RUDE and uncaring to me as a patent who was in pain and needed to be seen.

Oct 26th, 2015

Very poor service

Jul 4th, 2015

Having had two surgeries done by Dr Jimenez I would not let him do anything else to my back.I was NOT having back pain until he operated on me.

Horrible Experience show details Horrible Experience
by Tina T. on Feb 10th, 2015

I saw this doctor for over 3 years, he performed 2 surgeries on me. First, let me say that I thought he had a great bedside manner and always took the time to speak with me. After my disc fusion I was thrilled with the results for 3 months, then my situation greatly deteriorated to the point I couldn't walk. I was in so much pain I could barely walk and he no longer took my insurance and kept insisting nothing was wrong, even after an MRI where it said the screws were backing out. I paid cash to have him look at the MRI and he said that was not the case and said the Radiologist didn't read the film correctly. I finally found a neurosurgeon at Emory who saved my life. I had to have 2 surgeries to revise the surgery Dr. Jimenez did. He told me the screws and rods used were not the right size, they were too small and one screw had gone through my bone, the other was backing out and raking on all the nerves which was causing such excruciating pain I could barely function. My back never fused after 3 years of surgery. My life is forever changed due to the surgeries he performed. Thank goodness for the Emory doctor as he told me I would be in a wheelchair if I had not had the 2 surgeries he performed. I can know walk and function on a daily basis but I will never be able to be active like I was before Dr. Jimenez operated on me. I am now on disability due to his errors.

he will leave you hanging" show details he will leave you hanging"
by katie ellington on Sep 1st, 2013

please do not go to this DOCTOR'!

Would not recommend Dr. Jimenez show details Would not recommend Dr. Jimenez
Feb 1st, 2012

I saw Dr. Jimenez over 3 weeks ago for the first time and he still has not called in an appt for a MRI. I made another appt to ask why he hasn't called in and he got aggrevated and act like it was my fault. If I am going to be in the office for 2hrs I expect more than coming in and having a confortation with a doctor about following up on his notes. His staff was nice but seemed stressed out by his lack of follow thru and sense of urgency. He needs to hire a office manager and get his nose out of the air and treat his patients. I would not recommend.

Had a great experience show details Had a great experience
Jan 7th, 2012

Dr. Jimenez has seen one of my family memebers for a cervical neck issue. They referred me to Dr. Jimenez. I have had a great experience with him and his staff. Yes, there was a little of a wait time. However his staff was exceptionally nice and caring. This is the only doctor that I have gone to that has actually listened to my problems. I felt that all my questions were answered and that he cared. My wife is also a nurse in the atlanta area. I think that if his practice was a ''pill mill'' my wife would know. Not to discredit another review but I do feel that is a strong accusation...just saying. Anyways hope this helps.

Don't Bother. show details Don't Bother.
Oct 6th, 2011

I saw Dr. Jimenez several weeks ago and his office was to schedule a CT scan and follow up appointment. I never heard anything further from his office. I called repeatedly and left messages. Finally I was forced to seek treatment from another doctor. That office has repeatedly contacted his staff to obtain copies of my medical records and have not received any to date. His office finally contacted me last week in order to set up the follow up appointment to the CT scan that was NEVER SET UP. Now, my insurance is refusing to cover the CT scan set up by the new doctor, until they are provided with copies of my records from his office. His office has now refused to provide me with my own records unless I paid $25.00 copying fees. At this point, the very least his office could do, would be to provide me these records at no charge. Especially since his fee is higher than the stated limited in O.C.G.A 31-33-3.Go to someone else! His office does not take patient treatment seriously, and will not make you a priority.

Best Spine Surgeon in Atlanta show details Best Spine Surgeon in Atlanta
Jun 28th, 2011

The best spine surgeon in Atlanta, hands down. Dr. Jimenez did a fusion about 2 months ago. All I can say is I have my life back because of this man. I can finally pick up my grandson, which I couldn't do before. Much thanks to Dr. Jimenez and his staff.

frustrated show details frustrated
Feb 11th, 2011

I waited at least 1.5 hrs to see the Dr. (I had an appointment) When I did see him he was in and out of the examining room at least 4 times staying no longer than 2 minutes each time. He talked very fast and by the end of the visit I will very frustrated and confused.

Caring Physician show details Caring Physician
Nov 8th, 2010

Dr. Jimenez and his staff was wonderful! Making my appointment was great because my PCP was able to get me in a couple of days. Dr. Jimenez listened to all my issues and got straight to the issue. It was nice to see a doctor that made me feel like what I said mattered, instead of being just another number.

Save yourself the headaches show details Save yourself the headaches
Aug 19th, 2010

Dr. Jimenez is very lousy, his office notes dont list your limitations , you can't get documents in a timely manner. If you need a note from him you will be waiting to have them transcribe and then typed by someone else which rarely takes place. You can wait up to 4 hours to see him. They also mess up with billing. The office will bill you for services you already paid for and then refuse to give your medical documents because you owe the bill.

He's JUST WONDERFUL! show details He's JUST WONDERFUL!
by JILL ELLIOTT PATIENT SINCE 2002 CELL: 404-580-1015 on Jul 6th, 2009

Dr. Miguel Jimenez is just the best! So professional but caring and takes the time to listen. He's been my doctor for a long time. I trust him and his staff explicitly. It is only because I might be moving out of state that I might have to leave. But I'll try hard to find a way not to. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about his office,his PA or stafff

2 Hour Wait show details 2 Hour Wait
Mar 23rd, 2009

This doctor's staff double books patients every 15 minutes. If you have an A.M. appointment you can expect anywhere from 15 min to 30 min wait. If you get a P.M. appointment you can expect a 1.5 hr to 2.5 hr wait time. Also his staff does a very poor job with following up on a scheduled visit, especially on an injection appointment where you need your insurance to approve the visit first. I would not take a vacation day for a visit/injection. Also I would not plan on being there on time for a P.M. visit unless its to sign in and then go shopping. On the other hand Dr. Jimenez is a caring, sensitive, and devoted doctor. If his staff cared as much as he did, it would be a great pratice. I hope he realizes his staff needs to stepp it up before its too late and they give him a bad name. But to sum it all up besides the staff it is a pleasure being a patient of Dr. Jimenez. Thanks. JDP_CA_GA

Best Surgeon show details Best Surgeon
by Mike on Jan 29th, 2009

I had no problem getting an appoinment on short notice. Dr. Jimenez reviewed my MRI with me; I have never had a physician take the time to do that. The staff was courteous and always returned my calls.