Pediatricians
8936 77th Ter E
Unit 101
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
941-907-9751
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Missed a major problem  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2013

My daughter did not seem ok since 4 weeks of age. I continuously told him my concerns about her. I was told she had colic (i knew it had to be more). I took her in numerous time because i felt like she was in pain and was assured it was colic. Asked for blood work and was told it was not necessary because if there was anything wrong with her it would have show up on her NBS. She had red/purple dots on her legs i now know was petechiae but was told was dry skin the first two times i took her in to show him and the third time was told was hemangioms. A few days after he saw her she was put in the PICU at ACH St. Pete and diagnosed with Infantile Leukemia. Yes Leukemia is rare and can be missed but I was in his office A LOT because i felt something was wrong and even asked for blood work. If he would have done the blood work from the beginning she would have been diagnosed sooner and not suffered in pain for all those months. I trusted him because he was my 1st born's ped. Even after trusting him for almost 3 years he never contacted us to see how our baby was after finding out her diagnosis. That is what is the worst part of all this. If you feel there is something wrong with your child never take "no" for an answer. You could be saving their life.

Apr 12th, 2012

he's the best doctor ever! have been seeing him for 21 years!!!

|  We love Dr.Mickey!  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

I have 5boys and have been with Dr.Mickey.for about 5years now. My kids love him! All of the staff at Lakewood Ranch Pediatrics are wonderful. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him. He's very personable and friendly with the kids and adults alike. Highly recommend him to anyone.

Jul 31st, 2011

An absolutely wonderful pediatrican! My kids adored him (he had them from infancy through adulthood, 18 y.o. ). His staff was pleasant, caring. I would highly recommend this physician to any new parent.

|  Does not seem to take parental input seriously  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

My children have been seeing this peidatrician for a few years now. While I feel he is overall a decent physician, he at times does not seem to take parental input seriously, and at our last appt. he made what I consider a sexist statement disparing mothers in the presence of my child and former spouse.

|  AMAZING DOCTOR BEST PEDIATRICIAN AROUND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

Dr.Mickey is the best pediatrician you will ever find for your child! I can't believe some of the negitive things people are writing...they must have some issues of their own to rate him as anything but amazing. Dr.Mickey was my pedatrician from the age of one until eighteen. He is now my daughters pedatrician. He is personable, caring, loving and fun. He didn't once make me feel stupid for asking questions as a new mom and always went over things I didn't know thoroughly. He gave me advise instead of telling me what I had to do. I decided to stop breastfeeding my daughter after trying for a while and he never made me feel bad about that. There were many times I had freak outs about little things and was able to page him after office hours and get an immediate response and diagnosis. When our daughter had an accident and wound up in the hospital Dr.Mickey came straight there to be with us and make sure she was okay. His staff are also friendly and personable from the receptionists to the nurses. They are all wonderful and you will feel like you are a part of one big family. My daughter getting shots was the worst for me and they always made it quick and painless. My daughter loves Dr.Mickey and so did I growing up. I couldn't have hand picked a better pediatrician! An example of how much we love Dr.Mickey? Our family relocated to the east coast of Fl for my husbands job. We love Dr.Mikey so much that we still travel the three and a half hours to bring our daughter to see him. HE IS THE BEST PEDIATRICIAN AROUND!!!

|  Completely Wonderful  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

Practice run by husband and wife, awesome bedside manner, children love him - always fell welcomed and well taken care of.

|  love him  |  show details
by tricia on May 20th, 2010

ok he was my dr when i was a baby and now my son goes to him and let me tell you the man knows what hes doing .... a very good dr i still remember him from when i was little Dr mikey is the best

|  If you do not like Dr. Mickey- You must be a bad parent!  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

I read some very horrible things about Dr. Alvarez. He has been my sons Dr. since the day he was born- almost 12 years ago. My son has some issues, and Dr. Alvarez has always listen to me and addressed the issues, he has never spoke down to me or my son. Anyone who feels he is a bad Dr. MUST be a bad parent. If the most caring Dr. in the world dosen't want to deal with you or your child YOU are not doing your job as a parent. Mothers who hurt their own kids, or parents who are causing their kids harm because they do not like what the Dr. has to say should have their kids taken away!! Dr. Alvarez should not get a bad rating by a crazy, unstable parent! WE LOVE YOU DR. MICKEY!!!

|  Loves what he does!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 2nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

When we were in the hospital, we were visited by doctor Alvarez--he just came to do a routine checkup for our new boy. As soon as he left, ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  We LOVE Dr. Mickey!!  |  show details
by Us four Switzers on Sep 22nd, 2009

We have a 21 year old in the Air Force and we blame all of his well health on Dr. Alvarez!! We also have an 11 year old daughter who is happy and healthy because of the Dr's wonderful care. We love you Dr. Mickey and are forever grateful! The Switzers :)

Aug 23rd, 2009

I have three children and have been with Dr. Alvarez for several years. He is wonderful as a doctor and is great with the kids too. They actually like going to see him!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2009

He is very knowledgable and you can tell he is extremely intelligent. Great with kids and will take his time with you to go over things. He never gets frustrated with your questions and likes to explain things. His staff Robin and Kim are awesome and very friendly.

|  Worst doctor  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2009

He was my daughter's first pediatrician. I guess he is an okay doctor for healthy chubby babies, but I would not recommend him for kids with any health concerns. My daughter did great at gaining weight until she turned 1. Although she was quite healthy, she lost weight because she did not eat enough to gain some fat. I clearly explained I was trying every single options to help her have more appetite. I also told him my daughter was the most active baby I have ever seen. He obviously did not listen to me and called me as a 'mom who does not care for her daughter's health' He told me to find a different doctor because he does not want to deal with my daughter any more. Now I found a wonderful pediatrician who really cares my daughter and respect me as a parent. I really regret I should have done more research before I chose Dr. Alvarez.

by Medical mom on Jun 16th, 2009

I was really disappointed in our visit. Dr. Alvarez kept calling my 1 year old son a girl, and he didn't address my allergy concerns with my 3 year old girl. Instead he persistantly talked to her about personal hygene, which she was clearly not understanding. I would not recommend Dr. Alvarez.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2008

We have used Dr. Alvarez as our pediatrician for 5 years. We have two children one is 5 the other is 1 our 5 year old loves him. We never have any problem getting an app. If a child is sick they will see them that day! You can always get a hold of him on weekends and he is always ready to help and doesn't make you feel bad for calling him on the weekends while he is at home. Our daughter had a high fever one weekend and he dealt with about 20 calls from us and checked up on her throughout the weekend. He was wonderful.

Sep 17th, 2008

Does ok with small children but not with the older children. Still talks to them as they are 2.