inactive

Miguel A Arenas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 30th, 2016
Experience
I can't believe so many people say the same thing. I totally agree. I wanted to see the doctor not Jackie who was brusque and not what I wanted. Had Colonoscopy and EGD and that went fine But did not like to the NP and not the doc. Better change because so many people say the same thing.

June 28th, 2016
Want to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner
I want to see a doctor not be interviewed by a nurse practitioner and then possibly having to come back to speak with the doctor. I also want a doctor who is not too busy to spend time getting to know his patient and the patients problem.

March 15th, 2016
It Went Smoothly....
A very positive experiences from every angle.

February 4th, 2016
Mistakes made!
My 83 year old mom was very ill. I made her a appointment and she had to see the nurse . The nurse never even gave her a physical exam! Sent her home with RX for protonix and scheduled a GI for 2 weeks later! Had to take mom to ER 3 days later, she had a total blockage and acites that could have been seen on a exam. Come to find out she was full of colon cancer! They couldn't save her she passed 3 weeks later.but if a proper exam was done she wouldn't have suffered! This doctor will be sorry for not taking time to see HIS patients!

December 18th, 2015
If you go to Mesquite, don't expect to see the doctor. All appointments are handled by the nurse practitioner, who is rushed, brusque and does not listen. The only times I have seen Dr. Arenas are for procedures. My chart is inaccurate. I correct it every time I go in, but it remains the same. In attempting to retrieve records, I have called repeatedly but still have not gotten a response. If you are looking for quality medical attention from caring, efficient practitioners, look elsewhere.

November 6th, 2015
Don't bother
When you go to Dr. Arenas' office, you will not see him. He is just to busy to see his patients so you see his nurse. That is what he said to me in his own words. When I complained to another Doctor, the doctor said, "well he does us a really good service because he is one of only two doctors that can do what he does". Really? Then he should work only for the doctors because this does his patients a great disservice. I certainly didn't get a discount because I saw his nurse instead. She was very nice by the way. I saw Arenas for less than 5 minutes before and after the procedure and I got a bill for that visit for 200.00 which insurance did not cover. The fact that his website says he is taking new patients is absurd. That spells greed to me. Find another doctor who has time for you.

July 16th, 2015
Dr. Miguel Arenas
Best customer service and care I have ever had. Dr. in extremely knowledgeable with great bed side manner. I would highly recommend him.

May 19th, 2015
Disappointed
Never met him until procedure day and he was an hour and forty five minutes late. He is very nice but he told me he is too busy to see his patients in the office so he has his nurse see all his patients there. Really? I didn't get a discount for not seeing a doctor. I'll bet insurance didn't either. His nurse is stellar and the office staff nice as can be however I was the only one to show up to the hospital for one procedure and when it was rescheduled, they messed up that one too. I think if you have so many patient's that you don't have time to see them, it spells greed. I am never going back.

February 6th, 2015
Worst experience, doctor avoids answering questions, owe a lot of money but have not gotten any results.
Performed numerous procedures without results, does not call back, doesn't look at all results.

July 23rd, 2014
Makes it as good as it can be --
With a strong history of colon cancer in the family, I have had a number of colonoscopies. The biggest issue has always been waking up extremely nauseous and being sick the rest of the day. Dr. Arenas said "I can promise you, that won't happen". And it didn't. And I didn't remember a thing. He takes time to answer questions and is very personable. I will soon be making another appointment. I do hope the prep has improved a little since the last time.

January 26th, 2014
Did not fully diagnose my problem.

January 25th, 2013
Dr. did NOT folow-up after colonoscopy. Only reason found out results because I requested a copy of my records.