Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Experience show details Experience
by Cynthia N. on Jun 30th, 2016

I can't believe so many people say the same thing. I totally agree. I wanted to see the doctor not Jackie who was brusque and not what I wanted. Had Colonoscopy and EGD and that went fine But did not like to the NP and not the doc. Better change because so many people say the same thing.

Want to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner show details Want to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner
by Kathy on Jun 28th, 2016

I want to see a doctor not be interviewed by a nurse practitioner and then possibly having to come back to speak with the doctor. I also want a doctor who is not too busy to spend time getting to know his patient and the patients problem.

It Went Smoothly.... show details It Went Smoothly....
by Jim S. on Mar 15th, 2016

A very positive experiences from every angle.

Mistakes made! show details Mistakes made!
by Missing my mom on Feb 4th, 2016

My 83 year old mom was very ill. I made her a appointment and she had to see the nurse . The nurse never even gave her a physical exam! Sent her home with RX for protonix and scheduled a GI for 2 weeks later! Had to take mom to ER 3 days later, she had a total blockage and acites that could have been seen on a exam. Come to find out she was full of colon cancer! They couldn't save her she passed 3 weeks later.but if a proper exam was done she wouldn't have suffered! This doctor will be sorry for not taking time to see HIS patients!

Dec 18th, 2015

If you go to Mesquite, don't expect to see the doctor. All appointments are handled by the nurse practitioner, who is rushed, brusque and does not listen. The only times I have seen Dr. Arenas are for procedures. My chart is inaccurate. I correct it every time I go in, but it remains the same. In attempting to retrieve records, I have called repeatedly but still have not gotten a response. If you are looking for quality medical attention from caring, efficient practitioners, look elsewhere.

Don't bother show details Don't bother
Nov 6th, 2015

When you go to Dr. Arenas' office, you will not see him. He is just to busy to see his patients so you see his nurse. That is what he said to me in his own words. When I complained to another Doctor, the doctor said, "well he does us a really good service because he is one of only two doctors that can do what he does". Really? Then he should work only for the doctors because this does his patients a great disservice. I certainly didn't get a discount because I saw his nurse instead. She was very nice by the way. I saw Arenas for less than 5 minutes before and after the procedure and I got a bill for that visit for 200.00 which insurance did not cover. The fact that his website says he is taking new patients is absurd. That spells greed to me. Find another doctor who has time for you.

Dr. Miguel Arenas show details Dr. Miguel Arenas
by Ronald Seifert on Jul 16th, 2015

Best customer service and care I have ever had. Dr. in extremely knowledgeable with great bed side manner. I would highly recommend him.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
by Who cares on May 19th, 2015

Never met him until procedure day and he was an hour and forty five minutes late. He is very nice but he told me he is too busy to see his patients in the office so he has his nurse see all his patients there. Really? I didn't get a discount for not seeing a doctor. I'll bet insurance didn't either. His nurse is stellar and the office staff nice as can be however I was the only one to show up to the hospital for one procedure and when it was rescheduled, they messed up that one too. I think if you have so many patient's that you don't have time to see them, it spells greed. I am never going back.

Worst experience, doctor avoids answering questions, owe a lot of money but have not gotten any results. show details Worst experience, doctor avoids answering questions, owe a lot of money but have not gotten any results.
Feb 6th, 2015

Performed numerous procedures without results, does not call back, doesn't look at all results.

Makes it as good as it can be -- show details Makes it as good as it can be --
by Julia on Jul 23rd, 2014

With a strong history of colon cancer in the family, I have had a number of colonoscopies. The biggest issue has always been waking up extremely nauseous and being sick the rest of the day. Dr. Arenas said "I can promise you, that won't happen". And it didn't. And I didn't remember a thing. He takes time to answer questions and is very personable. I will soon be making another appointment. I do hope the prep has improved a little since the last time.

by Gena on Jan 26th, 2014

Did not fully diagnose my problem.

Jan 25th, 2013

Dr. did NOT folow-up after colonoscopy. Only reason found out results because I requested a copy of my records.

Nov 8th, 2012

Friendly, efficient staff. Physician efficient and kind. Office and surgery area spotless!

Superior Doctor and staff show details Superior Doctor and staff
Jun 28th, 2012

I had my "50-year old" colonoscopy recently. I was completely satisfied and impressed with everyone from the doc to the staff. 4-star treatment in every way.

Excellent Physician/Surgeon show details Excellent Physician/Surgeon
by CC Schmitz on Aug 11th, 2010

I will continue using Dr Arenas for the specialty of gastroenterology as well as to refer him to others. Thank you for the opportunity to express my review.