Dr. Miguel Lopez-Viego Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Miguel Lopez-Viego?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Miguel Lopez-Viego?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2015

A disaster, a butcher

Dr. Lopez Viego was a nightmare that eight (8) years later my husband is still suffering due to his negligence, improper care. I gave one star to show something but I believe he needs zero stars. He butchered my husband’s leg to allegedly remove an eighth of his vein, cut him open from the ankle to the thigh. He went in for follow up his leg being very swollen and the nurse stating she is going to remove the stiches, my husbands response "my leg is very swollen I don't think you should take the stiches out, she replied back with an attitude, I know what I am doing. One stich taken out and his leg split open blood all over, she did not have gloves on and starts putting butterflies on his leg with bare hands and taking the band aid (butterflies) out of her mouth. Next follow up my husband had a big lump on his thigh as Dr Lopez-Viego stood at the doorway waving his hand saying that's normal don't worry. Ruby his nurse at the time would stand next to him. Next thing my husband is back in the hospital with an abscess and infection, Dr. Mueller (associate) did the operation removing the abscess, my husband has a big hole another horrible job. They sent him home with a nurse to visit and give him anti-biotic by I-V two times a day, have to say she was a lovely nurse, one night she looked at my husband and told me I should bring him to emergency, he was not feeling well. When we got him to the hospital we found out his kidneys were shutting down due to the anti-biotics. Well I could go on but final to say EIGHT years later my husband has lymphedema, started on the leg Dr. Lopez-Viego and Dr. Mueller operated on.

May 25th, 2015

Great Doctor

Dr "LV" is the best. I had liver cancer. He explained what had to be done, put me at complete ease and instilled the confidence that I needed to have the operation done without fear. He's competent, caring, and talented. He also has a good sense of humor which many doctors lack.

October 14th, 2013

Performed a COLOSTOMY on me

I came into the Emergency Room with severe abdominal pain from diverticulitis. My colon had burst and the waste products were inside of me, called Periodontitis. At first, he tried to clean me out laporscopically, but I attained an infection. With his correct diagnosis, he determined to open me up, removing part of my colon and gave me a colostomy bag. It was his quick thinking and diagnosis, rushing me within the hour into surgery, that I believe saved my life. I haven't had any problems since, so he did a good job. I like where he placed the stoma, as well, as it's easy to work around. I am suppposed to get a Hartmann's Reversal with him in a couple of months. As the second surgery is complicated as well, I will report back as to how that went. I have a friend who works in the Quality department at Bethesda hospital. She says he's done a lot of colon surgeries and has had no complaints whatsoever, and is a good surgeon.

June 28th, 2012

Refusal to provide test results

I was told point blank by the Office Manager that the doctor does not even READ lab reports until the patient comes back in being forced to pay another copay- it has been two months since my procedure and as I don't have the $55 right now to get the results, they refuse to have the doctor even look at the testing---what kind of physician orders a test and doesn't read the results???? What if there were an emergency??? REALLY BAD BUSINESS!!! THEY JUST WANT THEIR MONEY (not as if they didn't get paid for the visit and the testing)!!!

June 18th, 2011

Good Dr..

I have had this Doctor before and was delighted to return to him for an additional surgery. He is very professional, extremely knowledgeable, he listened to my concerns and he addressed them accordingly. I left knowing exactly what was to happen and feel confident in his abilities. I would definitely refer him to anyone.

November 30th, 2009

Gastric Bypass Patient

I highly recommend Dr. Lopez-Viego & his staff - I had a very positive experience & would do it ALL over again.

June 27th, 2009

MELANIE SCHWARTZ

I THOUGHT DR. LOPEZ HAD AN INCREDIBLE STAFF, AND HE DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY! ALSO, HE'S HOT, HOT, HOT!!CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FOLLOW UP APPT. :)

August 22nd, 2017