Ophthalmologist
661 E Altamonte Dr
Ste 223
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
407-260-2255
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Corneal Surgery Comments  |  show details
by Stephen Jones on Aug 11th, 2014

Dr. Lugo is a consummate professional who clearly explains the complicated medical aspects to his patient. This Doctor not only is well versed in his subject matter but he exhibits compassionate care while tending to his patients, while easing the patient's nervousness, anxiety, and uncomfortableness in the medical setting. I was told by several physicians I was in an excellent hands before having my corneal surgery done. They were right. He did a stellar job, putting any Doctor or medical staff in awe when surveying my eye of Dr. Lugo's extraordinary work. What more can you ask for? A doctor who is exceedingly masterful at his craft as well as remarkable at building strong rapport with his patients.

Jan 14th, 2014

was referred by another ophthalmologist for the newest cornea transplant procedure. was very impressed with Dr, and his staff. All my questions were answered and I did not feel as though I was being rushed through the eye exams or when I asked questions.

|  An angel in Altamonte  |  show details
by Miguel Lugo, MD on Jun 12th, 2013

I was guided to Dr. Lugo after having a low vision exam. Having been legally blind for 7 years with severely damaged corneas, Dr. Lugo changed my life? I had bi-lateral corneal transplants and went from 20/400 vision to 20/25! Words will never be able to express how grateful I am for Dr. Lugo and Johanna, his surgical coordinator. Had it not been for Johanna reassuring me with confidence, I would have allowed friends and family to talk me out of the surgery. Other eye doctors rave about the precision with which my surgery was done and recommended that I see Dr. Lugo if I need any procedures done in the future. There's an angel in Altamonte. If you are blessed to be a patient, your life will never be the same!

Mar 19th, 2013

Some people are called by God to serve Him in Very special way. To be able to do this GOD allows them to improve themselves through advanced schooling. These people become professionals. But when they start to use the acquired skills to serve others they become vocAtional. Dr Lugo is one of those selected one's who turned his profession into a vocation. Is for this reason that. Dr.Lugo and the people who share this journey with him are a real blessing to those who come to their place. MAY GOD"S Grace fills your life ed everyday.

|  Outstanding surgeon!  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

Dr Lugo is a blessing! After struggling with corneal problems for over 30 years, I met Dr. Lugo, who ultimately performed a corneal transplant. Following this surgery, my 4th transplant, and a minor corrective procedure, I ended up with 20/30 uncorrected vision. In addition to being a skilled, gifted surgeon, Dr. Lugo posseses a personality that instantly places a patient at ease. He is calm, personable, and spends whatever time is required to ensure the patient understands the process and what to expect during the recovery period. His office staff is helpful and pleasant, and work with you regarding scheduling appointments and processing insurance. We are fortunate to have Dr Lugo and his team in the Central Florida area. NCB

Jul 29th, 2011

Had cornea transplants in both eyes(at different times), each lasting 45 minutes or so. Both were flawless. He is held in high regard by hospital staff. A cheerful and unassuming personality.

Jul 2nd, 2011

I had a corneal transplant. Dr. Lugo was wonderful. He took time with me to explain what was needed. During the surgery he spoke to me in such a calming voice explaining everything he was doing. My sight has been restored. He is very skilled and caring.

|  The best Eye Dr. ever.  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. lugo is the best eye Dr. I have ever been to. He is so caring and wants to find the root of all your problems. Thank God for him as the moment I met him I knew I was in good hands.Cindy Dow

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by D. Locker on May 28th, 2010

Staff wonderful. Dr. Lugo's manner of explaining everything that needs to be done and how it will be done. The best physcian this 70 yr. old ever experienced.

|  Lugo Miguel Md great doctor, great staff  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 15th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Several members of our family have seen Dr. Lugo, each for different problems. My husband, to rule out a detached retina and to diagnose ocu...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Cornea Transplant  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2009

Dr Lugo is very attentive, explains everything in detail and leaves no questions unanswered. Very kind, caring man, excellant in what he does, his office staff has a little work to do, appointments don't show up on their computer so you have to be fit in even though you have an appointment card, they don't call you back with information you need, ie referral,etc. Dr Lugo is superb, a person on his staff needs more time in patient scheduling and follow up.

by former patient on Sep 6th, 2009

cornea transplants done routinely, excellent reputation among colleagues and hospital staff. A cheerful and unassuming personality.you are in competent hands here.