Dr. Miguel Pupiales MD Patient Reviews

February 22nd, 2017
Dedicated Doctor
Went above and beyond to help me live with my neck pain

September 17th, 2015
Such a friendly staff
Office staff and doctor are very courteous. Hard to get into, but well worth the wait!

September 11th, 2014
Doesn't care
I have been a patient for almost a year. I called the office and had to leave a message. I said I was in pain and would like to make an appointment with the doctor. I called again the next day and spoke to the front office. I asked. If they had received my message, which she had, but offered no reason for not returning the call. She did however inform me that it would be 4 months before I could be seen. When I asked what I was to do for my pain she suggested I see my primary or go to urgent care or go to the E.R. because I had signed a contract with this office for pain medication, none of the suggested medical places can help me with pain medication. Which the front office knows. They are uncaring and I am in a world of pain. I cannot recommend Dr Pupiales because you can not see the Dr when needed. He does not take care of his patients needs and is unconcerned with their pain.

March 21st, 2014
Retired US Marine 100% disabled
Dr. Pupiales will. 1. Diagnose and treat you right the first time. When it is your time with him he is a wealth of knowledge and he will create a plan to get your pain management going. 2. Awesome staff. They will answer all your questions and treat you like you are the only one there when it is your turn and they are working with you. Please remember you are not the only patient. Employees don't have time for long private conversations not relating to your treatment. Once they are done with you the awesome treatment, and focus, goes to the next person being treated. People actually in treatment come first. 3. As with all "good" doctors appointment times are guidelines. If Dr. Pupiales needs more than the time allocated for your appoint he will finish the procedure right or ensure everything is done and you understand what happened and your part to follow when you leave. 4. The most impressive thing about Dr. Pupiales is the true care he has for his patients. I am sure this does not always happen but one time Dr. Pupiales had to leave unexpectedly and had to cancel medical treatment procedures. Did Dr. Pupiales say "oh well”. Not only no but he opened his office that weekend to treat those of us who could come in on the weekend and gave those who didn't the priory when appointments came open. 5. Can you name a doctor that opened his doors on the weekend, loosing money, to ensure his patients treatments stay on their pain relief schedule?

December 5th, 2013
Very poor quality, he misdiagnosed me and gave me the wrong treatment. Office staff very unprofessional.

September 5th, 2013
Excellent treatment and care
I recommend Dr. Pupiales very highly. The entire office is compassionate, understanding, making you feel like you're their only patient. I have been in excruciating pain for 4 months and have seen numerous health care providers, including chiropractors, physical therapists, masseuse, and finally an orthopaedic physician who ordered an MRI and referred me to a pain management specialist. I contacted every pain management specialist in my health care insurance network in El Paso and Albuquerque to schedule an appointment and Dr. Pupiales' office called me back right away and within 30 days I had my first evaluation appointment followed by an appointment 2-weeks later for the procedure. Dr. Pupiales performed a lumbar selective nerve root block and I was 100% pain free immediately. It has now been 24 hours and I am still pain free. I am so happy to be back to what I was 4+ months ago and I owe it all to Dr. Pupiales and his staff.

March 20th, 2013
Rude and uncaring
Dr. Pupiales had seen me for years, and after he could no longer provide steroids to me via back injections, or do surgery, where his money is at, he told me he would no longer see me, and referred me to a doctor that couldn't help me. He refused to fill the pain medications that he had been prescribing for years, leaving me unable to function, and without a pain doctor to help me. Without the medications, I can't even walk, and he is aware of this, thus being quite apathetic. The back shots that were given have destroyed my back, worsened the condition I originally came in for. Highly unrecommended.

February 16th, 2012
Forever
Wait times were forever with no apologies or explanations.

February 13th, 2012
Excellent Care
I don't know where to begin...I went to see Dr. P. because I suffer from chronic pain. His thorough testing found a problem that added to the chronic pain and was an actual threat to my life. It was not an issue which falls under his specialty but he made sure I received appropriate treatment from specialists in another field (quickly) while he continued to treat my pain/muscle and disc issues. Dr. P. and his staff are excellent listeners, empathetic, and always take time to make certain I understand all details of my treatment.

July 23rd, 2010
Dr. Pupiales is great.

July 21st, 2010
have seen numerous paintrails done ,some with saline.

September 24th, 2008
Honest and caring
We traveled and motel'd it for over 300 miles. Very caring and thorough doctor. Solved pain problems in all buy one area he could not help but recommended surgeon that could. Surgery since accomplished satisfactorily.