Dr. Mihoko Nelsen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 19th, 2016
Very disappointed! My 1st and only visit It took me 2 months to get into Dr Nelson the 1st thing out of her mouth was about my weight, I wasn't there for a consultation on my weight I was their for a neuro problem. all she wanted to do is tell me how to eat.. She didn't even ask what I ate until after 30 mins into our visit then when she realized that I don't eat or drink crap then she threw books at me of what I need to eat. I was so upset I felt it was a total waste!!! I have since found a different neurologist which has treated my problem. IF I wanted A weight loss Dr. I would go to one!

December 20th, 2015
I have been very pleased with the direction that Dr Nelsen has taken with the treatment of my disease. After the first 3 months I have experienced very positive results. Dr Nelsen took the time to listen to my issues and was firm on the coarse of action.

July 2nd, 2012
Extremely caring and detailed
Dr. Nelsen has done an outstanding job with my sciatica pain due to back problems and piriformas syndrome. She asked detailed questions, prescribed necessary treatments, including MRI and physical therapy, and went to the trouble to write down the titles of several books and authors on treating back problems. She also addressed nutritional issues, as they relate to muscular spasms and overall health for a man that wants to exercise vigorously without repeated injuries. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional, caring, and displays a real passion for her profession and her patients. She also expects you to take final responsibility for your own health. Given that, she will do all in her power to help.

March 22nd, 2012
Horrible!!! A disgrace!
After waiting over an hour to see her, she greeted me by bursting through the exam room door and asked "What are you doing here?! I don't have time for you!" I found out later, she was irritated that I was a cash patient and had no insurance. I paid her $300 cash and she was so rude! She knew nothing of my condition, which when I made the appointment on the phone, her receptionist assured me she did treat that condition. Mihoko Nelsen spent the rest of the appointment being thoroughly disgusted by my weight: 180 pounds, I'm 5'9". She told me I was "morbidly obese". - DO NOT see this doctor! Rude and ignorant!!! She's only interested in how much money she can get from your insurance! And if you're even a pound over weight, she will treat you as if all your problems are due to your weight! Whatever happened to the hippocratic oathe?!

February 23rd, 2012
former patient
Dr. Nelsen saved my life! She's the best neurologist I know. She's open to alternatives and knows each patient has their own abilities to heal themselveswithout all the toxic drugs. Thank you Doctor Nelsen for your great advice.

June 18th, 2009
A Gem!!
She is great, listens to patients concerns, supported my decision and guided treatment options that catered to my preferred decision.