Dr. Mihye Choi MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery New York, NY

November 10th, 2015
Patient
I just had my "year anniversary" after having a double mastectomy. Being BRACA positive, I had to make the hard decision whether or not to have the operation to eliminate breast cancer from my life. After visiting Dr. Choi and meeting with her expert and most helpful staff, my decision was easy. I've never looked back and had the most wonderful experience in all aspects of my surgeries and as well as my overall recovery. Dr. Choi is not only an expert surgeon but she has special bedside manner that makes you feel like you are the only one she is treating. She spent a good amount of time with me to help put me at ease, explaining what I should expect and how I would look after my surgery. I would highly recommend both Dr. Choi and her office to any one who has breast cancer or to anyone contemplating having a prophylactic mastectomy because of the BRACA gene. They made my journey a much easier one that I could have ever imagined !!!

November 7th, 2015
Exceptional surgeon
I feel so blessed that I have Dr Choi as my doctor. She performed my post mastectomy breast reconstruction and she is without a doubt the best in her field. She is meticulous about achieving an excellent result, compassionate, and really empathetic. An A+ surgeon. I should mention that all her staff I have encountered have been wonderful and exceptionally helpful-particularly Michele, Gina, and Elise.

October 27th, 2015
Disappointed
I am disappointed in the quality of the service. The procedure did not address the issue that was requested to be fixed.

October 11th, 2015
Post-mastectomy reconstruction
Dr. Choi did an amazing job with my post-mastectomy reconstruction - the final results far exceeded my expectations. Dr. Choi has a great bedside manner; I feel fortunate to have had her as my surgeon.

February 13th, 2015
Great Doc, bad support staff
If you make it past the very nasty Russian receptionist that answers your call Dr. Choi is very nice. The receptionist treats you as if you are bothering her by calling. And DON'T ask a question...she is even nastier. I was sent a follow up letter to call and speak to the office manager about the procedure for which I had a consult, and receptionist was pushy..trying to force me to make an appointment. I had already been in for $250 consult. I didn't want another appointment, just to speak to the office manager, as stated in the letter. People spend a lot of money, and make really hard life changing decisions and definitely should not be treated in this way. She needs to be taught to treat people better, as if her job depended on clients coming to this practice. Otherwise Dr. Choi has great bedside manner, seems very thorough, smart and capable. I am currently seeking multiple opinions but she is high on the list. It may come down how I am treated by the support staff.

May 15th, 2013
patient
dr choi and her staff are absolutely wonderful especially during a time when i have a cancer diagnosis. her staff even answers at night and on weekends directly and efficiently. never experienced that type of service from any other doctor i have been seeing during this breast cancer treatment . everyone should have them on your team !

January 28th, 2011
professional
Dr Choi is a wonderful , compassionate surgeon. I came to her with a reconstruction of my breasts after mastectomy that was in desperate need of correction. She took her time and came up with a plan and was willing to take my case on. She made sure I was realistic in my expectations and she exceeded them !!! I should of went to dr choi in the begining. Her office is great and accomodating as well. I highly would suggest Dr Choi for any one considering breast surgery of any kind !