A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mike Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mike Chen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mike Chen, MD is board certified in Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Body Weight
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Chen has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
- Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mike K. Chen practice?
Dr. Mike Chen practices Pediatric Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Gainesville, FL and Philadelphia, PA.
See Birmingham Pediatric Surgeons.